What's new

Walibi Belgium | Pulsar | Mack Power Splash

nadroJ

CF Legend
There genuinely isn't any reason the DiskO-avec-hump isn't considered a cred other than 'it's not on RCDB'. If it was you'd all have them on your count, let's face it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The only argument I can think of this the seating arrangement strongly resembles that of a flat ride on a disk-o, but that said, the intamin half-pipes that look like a skateboard also falls into that trap.

In reality neither of them are coasters, they're flat rides that use a track :p

Lofty

CF Legend
That's in your opinion. There's actually no defining rule whatsoever but there's much more on the side of 'coaster' than there is of it not being.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I agree that diskOs should be counted if other similar/powered things are.

But why are only the hump ones considered coaster candidates? Because Zamperla doesn't use the word 'coaster' in its' description? Surely the concept is the same?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend
This is basically just a shuttle version of their water coaster, so it should count really.

Disk'Os.... just no. Not even avec hump.

BUT, as always, it's upto you :p

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Martyn B said:
This is basically just a shuttle version of their water coaster, so it should count really.

Disk'Os.... just no. Not even avec hump.

BUT, as always, it's upto you
But why though?

My heart says don't count them but my head says otherwise.

>We count shuttle coasters and boomerangs

>We count powered coasters

>We count spinning coasters (both free spinning and controlled)

>We count weird seating configurations such outward facing spinners (and the exact same seats on Zamperla's motorbike coasters)

Like there is no legit reason for not counting them.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
GuyWithAStick said:
Here's the best answer:

Coaster-Count and RCDB don't list them, thus, making them flat rides.
Yeah but that's the best reason anyone can get and it's not even really a proper reason because those websites just depend on the views of certain individuals (or maybe just one as CC just uses rcdb data) with seemingly no logic.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Amen.

They're down to personal opinions. They also don't count a rebuild of a coaster from a different manufacturer, even though it is a new coaster.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I think its just a funny topic. It's all about how you perceive things and where you draw the line. A lot of people seem to focus on the technicalities in a very algebraic way. I prefer using 'feeling' and 'purpose' (stripped down to its hardware) - what was this thing made for? What experience are the designers trying to offer? It's not always a strict traditional coaster or traditional flat ride experience (and fall inbetween) and leads to enthusiasts drawing the line in different places on this ambiguous spectrum. Personally, I think Reverse freefall "coasters" belong with Intamin 1st gen drop towers!

On topic: I think this is a great addition to the flat ride line up :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Yeah, I also don't have clear rules for counting stuff. For me there is only one question; Does it feel like I'm riding a coaster?

On Intamin Half Pipes, Mack SuperSplashes, Powered coasters, yes.

Butterflies, Disk-Os, not for me.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
A video where you can clearly see the waterlevel changing when the train passes by:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJnmiFTNnrk[/youtubevid]

Another testride! Starting next week, soft-openings might be organised!

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyf2rH76Atk[/youtubevid]

Videos by ThemeParkVision

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv7NXt0F2u8[/youtubevid]

The park has released a 5 episode web-documentary about Pulsar! This is episode 1. English subtitles available.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks great! I love the transfer track, the acceleration, the airtime hill and the splashdown. I just hope it doesn't cause them too many mechanical headaches in the future.