What's new

Walibi Belgium | Pulsar | Mack Power Splash

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm optimistic this will work, but I can't help but feel it's quite complicated. Almost unnecessarily so, to be honest.

Lofty

CF Legend
Fair enough - I wasn't asking to be condescending, was just intrigued. It'll be interesting to see.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
View on the unfinished Pulsar station:

11255361_815009688644880_3640172408686225830_o.jpg

Picture by Fan Club Walibi

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It looks really cool! I really hope Walibi gets it right this time with Pulsar after the Vertigo fiasco. After all, Mack has a reputation for being reliable, right?

Thanks for the updates, Kristof!!

Lofty

CF Legend
Really love that station. REALLY love it.

Edit:

This is quite an interesting photo of the revolving station platform.

414137d1458785817-2016-neuheit-pulsar-boomerang-splash-mack-rides-walibi-belgium-belgien-thumb_fc4b5724794ec2cbd47f71d6361b8131_640_480_1.jpg

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Some more pictures from this revolving platform! By the way, if we may believe the park, the station will be heavily themed too :D

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

The splash-area!

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Concept-art from the second preshow!

IMG_1900.jpg

A video from the 'hard-hat-tour' by www.tpv.be

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaY7TGt2vdg[/youtubevid]
These amazing pictures are mady by Ignace Woinin for ThemeParkVision.be

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am bit confused by the station design. Is the train going to load/unload people using those gates on the right of the rotating platform or are they going to use the central part of the rotating platform to unload everyone? Then, why is there another bit of track inside the station that seems long enough to hold a train but has no loading gates? Transfer/maintenance track maybe?*shrugs*

Just like Lofty, I am really intrigued by the coaster. It looks rather interesting but in a way I feel that it all seems a bit excessive for what it is essentially a shuttle coaster with a splash section.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Lofty said:
I am so intrigued by this coaster. Thanks for sharing those photos KristofWB.

You're welcome. By the way, the park will release a 5 episode web-series about Pulsar starting next week. There will be one episode every two weeks. Everything that has to be known about Pulsar will be explained in these series: how the idea came up, how the theming works, interviews with the chairman of Mack Rides and JoraVision, interviews with Walibi Belgium and CdA management,...unfortunately, only available in Dutch and French!

Martyn B

CF Legend
The mention of Vertigo is an interesting one... after that shambles you really would have thought that they'd go for something a little.... less complicated.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
The mention of Vertigo is an interesting one... after that shambles you really would have thought that they'd go for something a little.... less complicated.

In an interview with the Belgian podcast 'Ochtend in Pretparkland', Marketing Manager Marc Guffens from Walibi Belgium said that the park is aware of their choice for a brand new and technical difficult ride. But Mack Rides and Walibi Belgium have been working on this ride for about 3 years.

The boats for Pulsar will arrive next week and the first tests will begin straight after their arrival and keep on going till June 4th. Looking forward to see the first videos of that.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Live update from the park by Accros de Walibi Belgium...at this moment, the park is testing the rotating platform that places the boats on the track!

Lofty

CF Legend
The restraints and seats look fab, but, the rounded front of the boat looks unappealing, personally. There's just something completely bland about the shaping that I absolutely hate - personally, I'd have preferred a more elongated stretch to the furthest point followed by a harsher, more pointed front (still rounded off), just to make it 'feel' more modern than it does?

Cue the arguments against me telling me I'm wrong.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The first boat is on track and had a general pull-through. Launch tests will be up at the end of the week...

a9phk0.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean... it's brilliant!

Dollywood/RMC, get your **** together. If Walibi and Mack can get this thing running, then you've no excuse! :lol:

It's a really neat concept. I was definitely expecting it to have stop while the tanks refilled, but it was pretty cool to see it doesn't.

I'm still cautious - it's just a bit too complicated for my liking and I want to see how it's running in another year or two... :p

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Beforehand I thought it was a bit too meticulous and high-tech for the experience it was going to give, and that was when I thought it was going to splash multiple times.

I thought 'ok it might do, and the video is just showing a snippet', but looopings said:

The 45 meter high attraction consists of three launches - forward, backward and forward again - and a splash in the water. A ride appears to take about fifty seconds.

It still might do. Hopefully they're just doing basic testing for now.

peep

CF Legend
Mack have worked some sort of engineering magic on this attraction. Seriously had concerns about the refilling. I just still don't understand how they've pulled it off.

I like they've given themselves a further month and a half of testing though to make sure it's perfect for opening.

Totally agree about RMC too, someone messed up big time there.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow. The backwards airtime hill looks so much fun, I'm also shocked at how fast it fills that water back up.