What's new

Vekoma New-Gen Coasters Discussion Thread

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Merged the two threads as we already have a long running thread about Vekoma's new announcements.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Doing the roll backwards on Chiller with the lapbar train is to this day the best inversion I've done <3
Have you not had the pleasure of experiencing Veloci's Maverick roll yet? Just thought I'd ask, seeing as you're from Orlando and it seems to be universally agreed that is one of the best inversions ever.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
I love how wacky Vekoma is getting with their designs! Even without the track design itself, we’ve reached a point where we could look at a layout and say “that’s distinctly Vekoma” and I love that.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Vekoma announced a new model in the last EAP Magazin, the Super Boomerang. The train will be launched by a multi-pass-launch on two spikes that will finish on a same "tower". The first coaster of this model will open in a Fantawild park.

index.php

via
A little bit of time today meant I decided to have a look through some known under construction Fantawild to see if I could dig up anything on this. Apart from finding 2 previously unknown to me parks currently going up I also noticed this on the Xuzhou Fantawild artworks.
Screenshot_20211116_102126.jpg
Seems to fit the Super Boomerang bill to me.

Peet

Giga Poster
Oooh yes please, that looks like an cracking little layout.

Make sure you turn your sound up to the max when watching that video 🙂.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Wow, looks like a cracking ride.

At first I thought this model only had 3 inversions? But then as I watched it I counted 1, 2, 3, 4...

uno, dos, tres, quatro!
1038860.jpg

Peet

Giga Poster
It looks like Vekoma are launching a new gen boomerang:

Screenshot_20220610-135308_Instagram.jpg
Full text:
Screenshot_20220610-135358_Instagram.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner given the popularity of the old boomerang, and the family boomerangs. Looks like great fun to me.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It looks like Vekoma are launching a new gen boomerang:

View attachment 18079
Full text:
View attachment 18080

I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner given the popularity of the old boomerang, and the family boomerangs. Looks like great fun to me.

This is actually just the first time they are acknowledging it on their Insta account. They previously announced it in a magazine last fall. The first installation is believed to be heading to Fantawild Xuzhou.