What's new

Universal Studios Beijing | 2021

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Some really cool site plans of the Jurassic World and Minion areas has surfaced.
- Along with many other interesting bits of concept art here: http://www.themeparx.com/universal-studios-beijing/

output-3-21.png

A closer look at JW.
screen-shot-2020-01-29-at-3.45.57-am.png

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'm really enjoying the smoothed out shaping on this. The hulk's shaping has always had some strange banking transitions that are very out of date now compared to newer B&Ms so I'm really impressed how they've managed to keep the scale and tightness of the original ride and improve on it. I just hope it means the intensity is still there.

One thing I find a little off putting though is some of the colouring choices. I think the dark blue and dark grey together are abit too similar so don't have enough contrast. And why are the launch supports a lighter colour? It's only nit picks though, am excited to see this progress.

Are we expecting this to have traditional sitdown trains or will this be a floorless or even raised seat (like wildfire) incarnation?

Matt N

CF Legend
One of my key flaws with Hulk as a coaster is that it wasn't exactly the smoothest of coasters, so this new, smoother profiling should hopefully solve that problem! I must admit, I am also really loving the theming we've seen so far!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
That's so true about Hulk being weirdly profiled. I never liked how the banking levels out after the helix round the launch tunnel only to snap back to the left straight away for the corkscrew. Whenever I rode it felt like it should have been one flowing sequence.

Saying that I hope they don't screw about with the profiling so it loses intensity. While newer B&Ms still are intense they do lack the snaps in inversions and transitions of the oldies.

Matt N

CF Legend
How phenomenal does that theming look! Dare I say it, but combined with the nicer-looking profiling, I think this may be one of the first clones that many people enjoy more than the original, and that’s no mean feat given the original Hulk is a pretty highly regarded coaster!