What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Like the Trump presidential campaign, the progress of this roller coaster just leaves me confused and perplexed.

It looks slightly different, like the spine is a bit bigger maybe?

This is so weird to me still.

Maybe it'll change to being floorless trains? But that would not need the track strengthening alone, maybe it's 'bigger' to cope with its near year round usage?

Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Dave said:
Maybe it'll change to being floorless trains? But that would not need the track strengthening alone, maybe it's 'bigger' to cope with its near year round usage?
Unlikely with Kraken being so close and The Hulk has always been open year round.

A friend of mine was passing by the B&M plant in Batavia, Ohio today and snapped this:

12670403_1208566779161232_636624842638130697_n.jpg

Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Looking good I hope it will be open in time for when I go in September.

That track is so thick and juicy.

It makes it look smaller cause it's bigger, which is weird? Cause it's something I'm so familiar with and it's just, subtly off xD

View of Hulk from today. Looks like they just need to add 1 more track piece for the Cobra Roll.. and just reinstall the drop/roll and it'll be done.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CanobieFan/status/710537727113105413[/tweet]

Retrack is complete now.

Now waiting to the trains and new launch info! A.k.a. The stuff that is actually changing!

GuyWithAStick said:
I think the track change was to increase spine size. If you look closely at the middle of the cobra roll, the spine is thicker than before.

12143244_1707573529488258_6135967937455943588_n.jpg

Picture from Mako Madness's Facebook

Yeah you might be right.
Been trying to find a photo from exactly the same angle but these are as close as I can find. Hard to tell.

hqdefault.jpg

1280px-TheIncredibleHulkCoaster.jpg

Shirofukurou said:
^It doesn't seem *that* much thicker, does it?

No it doesn't. It's difficult to see unless you can find a set of before and after photos that have been taken from the exact same position.

It think it's just the angle of the pic. It will be interesting to see what the trains are like. I'm glad the layout is the same, I've always enjoyed it even if I did loose a camera on it a few years ago.

Video update starts at 8:30. Lots of painting and exterior decoration work right now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrCZOpdDRb4[/youtube]

Looks like they might be taking purple out of the color scheme. The green and purple was a bit 90s. Will be interested to see the new station/queueline interior.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk