What's new

UK B&M Hyper?

cjbrandy said:
If Thorpe wanted a coaster around 180ft tall they should make it an intamin wing coaster like skyrush because the unique selling point would be its the only coaster of its type in Europe and skyrush is supposed to be amazing
This is actually a fantastic idea. Now, I've never been to Thorpe, that's in the south end of the next decade, but I do know that Merlin like unique and high-thrill selling points. You have two in the one that you mentioned, first of its kind and Europe, and the intimidatingly thrilling look of the trains. (Haven't ridden Skyrush, either, but it looks like an absolute monster, especially the trains.)

Re: UK B&M Hyper?

BBH said:
cjbrandy said:
If Thorpe wanted a coaster around 180ft tall they should make it an intamin wing coaster like skyrush because the unique selling point would be its the only coaster of its type in Europe and skyrush is supposed to be amazing
This is actually a fantastic idea. Now, I've never been to Thorpe, that's in the south end of the next decade, but I do know that Merlin like unique and high-thrill selling points. You have two in the one that you mentioned, first of its kind and Europe, and the intimidatingly thrilling look of the trains. (Haven't ridden Skyrush, either, but it looks like an absolute monster, especially the trains.)

Skyrush is amazing. I wish more parks would build them.

I n Britain you have no chance of a B&M hyper ever being built planning laws are way too strict in Britain and the local population of people that are over 50 would kick up a right old stink if it went anything over 250 FT and want painted white and white rollercoasters look disgusting in my opinion as it shows up all the rust and
just looks manky after 6 months.

^ Stealth doesn't look "manky". Plus the people living around Thorpe Park might be over 50, and not all of them kick up a "fuss".

Although I hate to be that guy, please try and make your posts easier to read. Full stops are useful.

Im going to Thorpe Park for the first time in the summer holidays and im looking toward to riding stealth but I would be so much more excited if it was 400ft+ like ttd and ka. I think the only reason it isn't is because people nearby would get upset.

cjbrandy said:
Im going to Thorpe Park for the first time in the summer holidays and im looking toward to riding stealth but I would be so much more excited if it was 400ft+ like ttd and ka. I think the only reason it isn't is because people nearby would get upset.

And money.

And demand.

And local planning restrictions that aren't solely related to what the locals want.

cjbrandy said:

After you have ridden Stealth you won't be bothered with it being 400+ft high as it delivers it's thrills with only 1/2 the height of KA & TTD & in 0-80mph in 1.8 sec.

How about a tunnel over the launch straight of Stealth with a fog / dry ice tunnel curtain then chaser / strobe lights along it's length.

Jordanovichy said:
Oooh hadn't thought of the valley but are they likely to build something there? It's nice for those who like the quiet to have a wander round the gardens, let the kids get on with their day. I think getting rid of that would get rid of something in the heart of Alton Towers.

I think it's perfect for a B&M hyper. Fairly low noise (and if the track is sand-filled then even less), and the footprint is very low with their support design.

And if you've ever been down the Woodland Walk then you'll have seen just how much height there is to play with there - I reckon they could easily have a 300ft+ drop in the valley, and that's without even reaching the treeline.

Can't really see it to be honest. Maybe if they pulled down PMBO but that won't happen for another 20 years at least.

Since Merlin are on a b&m binge, I'm more confident than ever that Thorpe will get one one day. But I think we will see a few family attractions first. What they should be doing is getting a coaster with a low height restriction, but they won't, because that would be sensible. Instead they will get BS filler like dodgems. They're dumb for not lowering Saw. When they realise their flip to "family" isn't helping, we will get that hyper.