What's new

Twister - Gravity Group Coaster for Grona Lund

A

Anonymous

Twister is going up fast!!

p31576.jpg

From RCDB

More images of the construction can be found on the Gravity Group FB-page: Twister Construction GG FB

jack.bell

Mega Poster
And i thought the park was rammed as it was! im interested to see how it fitts into the look of the park as it doesnt seem the sort of park that a woodie would fit into. will be very intersting to see the finished product.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
SnooSnoo said:
Kinda reminds me of Indiana Beach. Can't wait to see a POV.
That's what I was thinking. The CGI POV looks a bit too fabricated, so I'll be intrigued too to see how the speed works out in real life.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
A couple of new photos have been posted on RCDB:

48d0i45504d9o42pa94800.jpg

fan85ioi8h00148qa08qji.jpg

I really like the way this is shaping up.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow! There's not much room in there is there?! It looks really compact, the interactions are going to be great.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
And I thought had the highest ratio of coasters/m^2...

Let's see how TGG handle a family coaster. Up to this coaster, they have built big coasters (I am not counting the one they're building in the US because it hasn't open yet) and reviews have been mostly positive.

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFW5YxC8P5g[/youtube]
A few days old video with an interview of the Park Manager and Korey Kiepert about the construction of Twister.

Fresh of the webcam:
Twister110223.jpg

All of the structure done, track needs to be sorted now...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It really reminds me of The Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain at Indiana Beach.

It looks great!

A

Anonymous

Justin of the ECC have taken a few close up images of the construction of Twister a few weeks ago, and they are available on the ECC web page. On them you can see how tight the fit of Twister really is...

Twister gallery at coasterclub.org

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Some great photos there, but this drop is amazing!

Twister.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^And the view! So close to the water!

I'm loving the look of this. Got to be one of the most unique woodies (if not coasters) out there!

A

Anonymous

There will be a board-walk between the coaster and the water (which will also house the ride entrance to Twister), you can see the framing for it at the top of the image. But it's still really close...

More progress on the track have been made over the last couple of days:

188312_10150113382974028_45279469027_6395330_6827673_n.jpg

190290_10150113382919028_45279469027_6395327_7932290_n.jpg

Images from the Gravity Group FB page: Click

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
This has to be one of the most exciting coasters of the year, and it's on three pages. Thorpe Park haven't even broken ground yet on their new coaster and it's 3,587 pages ;)

Looks absolutely stunning. I love the way the wooden coaster manufacturers are doing what has always worked in the past, but using modern technology to make them better and more comfortable. Steel is trying to make the future, wood is improving on the past. I know which one I think is winning ;)