What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Imagine being whipped round a corkscrew in those open seats. This is going to be such a comfortable and smooth coaster. Abyssus and Fly are the clear headliners when it comes to (hopefully) 2020 Europe coasters but I can see this one riding the best.
I agree. I think this could potentially be my favourite out of the three. We will wait and see though.

I love the Vekoma SFCs a lot so if that's anything to go by... this should be awesome.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Honestly this might be the best 2020 addition to Europe nothing else immediately springs to mind
Abyssus ;-)

But Hals über Kopf is definetely more special, as it's the first STC, while Abyssus is just "another" Multi Launcher. Still, I am more drawn to Abyssus, as it looks to be more intense. I hope that I will be able to test them both this year, but that is quite uncertain.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Abyssus ;-)

But Hals über Kopf is definetely more special, as it's the first STC, while Abyssus is just "another" Multi Launcher. Still, I am more drawn to Abyssus, as it looks to be more intense. I hope that I will be able to test them both this year, but that is quite uncertain.
I mean if Zadra opened this year like planned that would be the choice but Hals über Kopf is definitely going to be an interesting ride

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^Given pretzel loops are quite marmite elements in that people either totally hate them or love them. For the sake of rerideability and wider guest enjoyment they were purposefully excluded (but that's for the F.L.Y. thread).

In general what is "the most exciting" addition for 2020 is a very subjective thing that comes down to someone's own taste and preferences. Don't think its worth devolving this thread into a debate about it...
And plus who knows if any of these rides are for 2020 anymore anyway??

Loulou30

Roller Poster
Some pictures of the tests:

07-AB12-FA-E785-4-F89-BE0-D-0753-A13452-F8.jpg

403571-A2-EBAA-4685-9-C77-76057800-F135.jpg

51-E8-F79-E-AA6-E-43-FF-A052-6-F0-C09-C0-CC01.jpg

B9-EE2-EA7-DF8-E-41-DB-A326-2-D873489-D210.jpg

D1294-BA3-2-ED1-4444-8-BA1-AA38-DBE0-FA19.jpg

Rupert

Mega Poster
Looks amazing. Love the elongated roll over the station, I bet it rides so well. Really hope this is the first of many new-gen Vekoma inverts to be built — until now if a park was getting an invert I would have always been a little sceptical if not a B&M, but I think this looks fantastic.

I also am in the camp changing my mind about the colour scheme - the more I see it, especially with the vegetation and surrounding vineyards, the more I think it fits in and just works.

What a strong pair of additions this will be for the park.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Well hello beautiful, no theming on the trains yet so there gonna look even better when that's done. Need to see a dummy full test run now...

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I love this project. Both aren't my favourite coaster types. But I actually wish it was in my neighbouring park.

This project is the perfect kind of filler for a park. It's not going to be the star, but it's about as good as it can get without being one.