What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
That transfer track into the shed is so messy, it's upsetting me.

I do like how they're finally expanding their roller coaster offering out of that one single corner of the park into other areas.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
image0.jpg

Nice picture from Instagram of the section of the STC that runs between the trees.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just goes to show you don't have to deforest an area of a park to build a coaster*. :p

*Yes, I know why they generally do and that the access road directly beneath is a big factor here. Before someone thinks this isn't a tongue-in-cheek joke...

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
So these coasters are meant to be cloned, right? I remember that one was supposed to go to Tayto Park as well.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I am not 100% sure, but if I remember it correctly, Tayto park did not get the permission for the constructions due to noice concerns, and Tripsdrill took the order. As Tripsdrill is a smaller park, this project would have been huge for them - I think they received a nice discount for taking over the order from Tayto Park. If the story is correct, this is indeed the assortment meant for Tayto Park.

Peet

Giga Poster
No, it's a new standard design that Vekoma have offered. Tayto were the first to reveal they were intending to install one for 2021 but Tripsdrill were always going to have the first installation; they just revealed it later than Tayto. I doubt Tayto Park ever placed an order as they will have been waiting to get planning permission first.