What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

cocoa

Mega Poster
I don't love the color scheme or that shade of yellow but it looks like a cool twisty mess. Loving this new generation of coasters the last 5ish years or so

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
New picture of and article on the coasters.
3392714_default-artikel_1uteTQ_f9UGYP.jpg

The Tripsdrill amusement park postpones its season opening until Monday, April 20, due to the corona crisis. "We are currently working on a plan of what measures we can take for our employees," says Birger Meierjohann. Nevertheless, preparations for the start continue. The park plans to attract visitors to with two new attractions. Two new roller coasters are currently under construction on around 1.2 hectares.
"Volldampf" and "Hals-Uber-Kopf" are the two new attractions of the Cleebronner amusement park. In the future, visitors will be able to whiz around the bends and through the loops at lofty heights and at speeds of up to 80 kilometers per hour. It is not yet clear when the two coasters will go into operation. "Everything should be ready in spring," says the company spokesperson.

It is the largest investment in the history of the family business. Benjamin Fischer, member of the executive board, does not want to reveal how much money the Fischers put into the two roller coasters. Railways are the big theme of the two roller coasters. Accordingly, the company builds the rails for these attractions in a Swabian-historical environment. In front of the station building with sandstones and partially glazed roof over the platform, visitors step into the family rollercoaster vehicles. The station building for the other coaster is planned for 2021.

Young visitors can ride on the family roller coaster. "From a meter size," says Meierjohann. Under the motto "Swabian Railway", this route has the peculiarity that it is not a circuit. Instead, the wagons drive upwards 22 meters. From there it goes up to 60 kilometers an hour with "full steam" on a 500-meter route. Once at the other end, the journey then goes back.

With "Hals-Uber-Kopf", the passengers hang in the air, so to speak. Because the vehicles hang under the entire 800 meters track. With up to 80 kilometers an hour and four inversions, it goes up to a height of 30 meters. "The train is for adventurers," says Meierjohann. Accordingly, the motto is "Seven Swabians". "They plunged head over heels into new adventures," says the company spokesman.

Construction began at the end of last summer. 75 to 80 percent of the work is already done. Nevertheless, there is still a lot to do. After all, the two lanes are not off the shelf. "The concept was developed for Tripsdrill," says Benjamin Fischer. That means with great attention to detail. "Now the outside area has to be designed," says Fischer. The buildings fitted out. When the trains are delivered, the test drives will follow. And finally, the two coasters must be approved by the TÜV.

The Tripsdrill amusement park in Cleebron celebrated its 90th anniversary last year. Around 780,000 visitors found their way to the leisure facility in 2019. The two new roller coasters, which will go into operation in the spring, are located on the site of the former car park at the entrance area. The company provides the same number of lost parking spaces a few meters further towards the wildlife park.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'm really enjoying the look and colour scheme of this - and think these coasters will really compliment Tripsdrills line-up - can't wait to get back there!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I'm really excited for this. Dragon at Energylandia is a perfect coaster for what it is. It's smooth, snappy, good pops of intensity and the seats and restraints are very comfy. To see Vekoma take the concept further and create a punchier layout is going to take a lot of people by surprise as on paper this coaster doesn't look like much.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The train does appear to be missing it's theming at the moment, I assume it will be added before testing.

Does anyone know how many trains this will run? Two is my guess although the maintenance building looks huge which makes me think Vekoma designed this standard layout to accomadate 3 trains, much like the standard SLC.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
The train does appear to be missing it's theming at the moment, I assume it will be added before testing.

Does anyone know how many trains this will run? Two is my guess although the maintenance building looks huge which makes me think Vekoma designed this standard layout to accomadate 3 trains, much like the standard SLC.
Not to be rude, but which standars SLCs have 3 trains? All the one I know have just 2 (and I would not know how they would fit 3 on that)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not to be rude, but which standars SLCs have 3 trains? All the one I know have just 2 (and I would not know how they would fit 3 on that)
Blue Tornado at Gardaland and Condor(?) at Walibi Holland both have 3 trains (I know they have slight layout variations to the standard but they have the same block section setup).

They absolutely don't need 3 trains as the trains ALWAYS stack on Blue Tornado from what I've seen.

Last edited: