What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

cocoa

Mega Poster
having the drone follow the track circuit is a pretty neat effect, never seen that before but I love it.

I still find it a bit funny seeing inversions on that sort of vekoma inverted track- all I think of is the junior coasters!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
having the drone follow the track circuit is a pretty neat effect, never seen that before but I love it.
Oh boy, well strap in.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
NO VESTS. :oops: ?

Don't wanna get my hopes though cause they might install them after. I did hear in an interview with Benjamin Bloemendaal that the vests, although standard, were optional on their coasters and a park could choose to just have lap bars if they so wish.

UP87

Mega Poster
The only artwork the park published doesn't have any vests. I highly doubt there will be vests.

Bluegamesful

Roller Poster
^They are like the SFC trains, which also have a swinging mechanism.
I seem to remember you told me a year ago, that swinging trains with inversions wouldn’t be possible when I said, the trains for Tayto will be like the SFC trains.

They are similar to the SFC trains, a bit bigger with different restraints and all, I also love the theming they will get.

Dar

Hyper Poster
They're just the standard lateral stabilisers, they used them on the SLCs too
See batman, from RCDB
QXwrMDF.jpg

And Titánide at Terra Mítica
vPohsZb.jpg

One of the NL2 devs mentioned in an interview that Vekoma knew what was making SLCs rough but couldn't do anything to address it, or something similar. I think it might have been this coupling system. So maybe they tried the one stick per seat to stiffen the system up but it wasn't cost effective or something, so they went back to the drawing board to improve the flexible coupling for just one stick per row.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat

That drone footage of Über Kopf is Über cool, love it. ?
Should be a really solid coaster, very curious to try it out. Quite a big year for new-gen Vekomas in Germany, what with other contraption at Phantasialand opening too. Wouldn't it be funny if this - this fairly standard STC, that's sprung up in less than a year, at lil' old Tripsdrill, turns out to be the better coaster! ?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I kinda hate the colour choices here. Love the look if the ride though! But everything seems to clash?
I agree about the colours. There's something about the chunky track and supports on the suspended coaster that doesn't appeal to me either.

I'm really interested to see how it rides though.

That drone footage was great!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I kinda hate the colour choices here. Love the look if the ride though! But everything seems to clash?
Once they've got all of the themeing and landscaping done around the area, I'm sure it'll look far better and make a lot more sense. This is Tripsdrill that we're talking about - they tend not to do this stuff by half measures.

Oh and that zero G roll over the glass station roof? That's utter brilliance. I can't wait to see how that looks in person.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Oh and that zero G roll over the glass station roof? That's utter brilliance. I can't wait to see how that looks in person.
Remind's me of Tornado's (At Särkänniemi) barrel roll through/above the station except not brutalist.