What's new

Trip plans for 2013

Smithy

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
As it stands. Chessington is off the cards for this year at least. Never really fully commited to going there, was just to try somewhere new but by all reports this season is a shocker for them so I'd rather go when they're on top of their game to at least slightly enjoy my day.

Not really arsed on any of the other UK parks. Might look at Flamingo Land at some point if I can justify the drive to myself (mumbo jumbo and hero aren't exactly great bargaining tools).

Definitely back to Alton at some point late in the season assuming Smiler runs for a sustained period trouble free.

Booked a holiday to Salou which includes a 3 day pass to Port Aventura during their halloween celebrations. Hopefully my horsehead mask will blend in.

Lols. Fantasy Island was done on a whim. Chessington on Monday might be done on a whim weather dependant.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Well, a co-worker is moving to Dallas and I offered to drive her if she would pay for my flight back. Fingers crossed NTG is open 3 weeks from this Saturday.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So the first weekend of October looks to be my trip up to Canadas Wonderland with stopping at Darien Lake on the friday while Im travelling there. Saturday would be the day for Wonderland, and seeing as how I gots a spare ticket for the place (won 2, but going alone), anyone wanna meet up there?

Weather permitting of course.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Dates confirmed for my US trip;
30th Aug - Hershey
1st/2nd Sep - Cedar Point
6th - 10th Sep - Orlando/BGT
Excited much? Hell yeah!

Also, Milky Way 12th Sep, Alton 24th Sep and Thorpe for GF 28th Oct.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Tell me about it! Seeing Cosmic Typhoon barely peeking out over the trees pushes my buttons.

Seriously though, been past the place at least 40 times, just never found a spare hour to stop and get the creds. The little man is big enough now to ride 0.9m coasters so it's the perfect time too.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Spend more than an hour there though, it's a fab place and he'll be entertained for ages.

Oh, and Hershey Park is alright too I guess :p

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah, of course, changes from a 1 hr, 3 ride, in-and-out job for me to a full family day now.

Heard HP is rubbish, but tis on the way to Ohio, so why not?! Absolutely nothing to do with a 75mph big yellow Intamin machine of win. :roll:

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
lol I never can tell when you dry Brits are serious or not but if anyone said HP is rubbish have em hung drawn and quartered.
That place is awesome, in fact I'll have to try and get there one more time this year. Maybe get Knoebels in the same weekend.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
delpiero1982 said:
Yeah, of course, changes from a 1 hr, 3 ride, in-and-out job for me to a full family day now.

Heard HP is rubbish, but tis on the way to Ohio, so why not?! Absolutely nothing to do with a 75mph big yellow Intamin machine of win. :roll:

Nothing worth going to Ohio for either, so I'd just come back early and book an extra two days for The Big Sheep ;)

Obviously, we're being deadly serious ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
JJLehto said:
lol I never can tell when you dry Brits are serious or not but if anyone said HP is rubbish have em hung drawn and quartered.
Wellt.jpg

furie said:
Obviously, we're being deadly serious ;)
Yeah, us brits have absolutely no sense of humour. :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I certainly don't and regularly hang, draw and quarter anybody who does.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Nah I love the Brits!

And hung drawn and quartered is just the history nerd in me :oops:

Another "trip plan" for this year, if you can call it that, is to get to Clementon and ride hell cat. Only because it's in my state and seems shameful to have missed a good ride that's not very far away.
Well it LOOKED good, now it appears to be trimmed and I hear it's upkeep has been horrid but a cred is a cred.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
JJLehto said:
And hung drawn and quartered is just the history nerd in me :oops:

I always preferred the "Breaking Wheel"
http://www.medievality.com/the-wheel.html

There's a modern day version of it used in Europe too called "Furius Baco" ;)

As for trips, just LWV, FL, and then DMP and Alton - all for CF lives :(

I need to get back to Twinlakes though...

bmac

Giga Poster
JJLehto said:
Another "trip plan" for this year, if you can call it that, is to get to Clementon and ride hell cat. Only because it's in my state and seems shameful to have missed a good ride that's not very far away.
Well it LOOKED good, now it appears to be trimmed and I hear it's upkeep has been horrid but a cred is a cred.

Book a trip to the chiropractor the day you go, you're gonna need it.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
bmac said:
JJLehto said:

Book a trip to the chiropractor the day you go, you're gonna need it.

Tis the price we pay for our hobby.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I am probably going to SFOG or SFSL this Labor Day to go to the park and see a game. I also just went to Victorian Gardens today for a +1 cred. I can officially call my self a decent credit whore for paying $11 for a mini mouse that I dragged my dad about 2 miles to anyway. I did get to 111 though :D.