What's new

Trip plans for 2013

tomahawk

Strata Poster
SFMM will happen, Disneyland probably will, SDC for sure, SFFT and SFoT hopefully, and maybe the Galveston parks, plus BGW. But all depends on health, money, blah blah blah. I've had several really slow years, so hopefully next year will change that.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Intricks said:
Im certain I can do DL, Seabreeze and MFI all in a dayish, right?
You won't be able to do all three parks in one day. You'll need a day for Darien Lake & another day for the other two parks. I would recommend that you hit up Darien Lake on the way to Canada's Wonderland, spend the second day at CW, then hit up MFI followed by Seabreeze on the third day when you're on the way back home. If you can make it a four day trip, you can add a day at Niagara Falls & Marineland before or after you visit Canada's Wonderland.
Intricks said:
... I may add In La Ronde if it is relatively close (read a 2hr drive away) to Canadas Wonderland.
It's a 4+ hour drive from Canada's Wonderland to La Ronde.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Im going to Orlando for the first time this year, in June, so cannot wait for that.

Probably do Alton Towers for the new ride and hopefully one of the more northern parks in the UK which i've never done before. Thorpe Park is pretty much a yearly thing as its so close, as long as Smiths are doing their 2for1 vouchers. :--D

Would love to do a German park later in the year, preferably Europa Park, but will have to see how money is...

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I don't know as yet - I'd like to get on a big CF trip again (or 2!), other than that - most of my coaster trips are done as and when I decide to go for a trip!

AT is a definite though!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Going to Belgium & Holland and doing all the parks near enough. Get to ride Turbine (at last!) and the new one at Bellewarde =D

Most of the UK parks. Probably not Flamingo if I can help it.
Try and get a few random parks in as well =]

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
ECG said:
Intricks said:
Im certain I can do DL, Seabreeze and MFI all in a dayish, right?
You won't be able to do all three parks in one day. You'll need a day for Darien Lake & another day for the other two parks. I would recommend that you hit up Darien Lake on the way to Canada's Wonderland, spend the second day at CW, then hit up MFI followed by Seabreeze on the third day when you're on the way back home. If you can make it a four day trip, you can add a day at Niagara Falls & Marineland before or after you visit Canada's Wonderland.
Intricks said:
... I may add In La Ronde if it is relatively close (read a 2hr drive away) to Canadas Wonderland.
It's a 4+ hour drive from Canada's Wonderland to La Ronde.

Darien lake a full day park? You don't think you could do Darien Lake and MFI in 1 day?

Snoo

The Legend
Intricks said:
Two reasons, I believe it is on the wat from where I live, and I have never been.

I live in Northeast Ohio, and with my going outside the US for an Amusement Park based reason Im kinda unsure of the parks along the way. No clue where Martins Fantasy place is, but I may add In La Ronde if it is relatively close (read a 2hr drive away) to Canadas Wonderland.

Wait.. when did you move to NE Ohio?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
Intricks said:
Two reasons, I believe it is on the wat from where I live, and I have never been.

I live in Northeast Ohio, and with my going outside the US for an Amusement Park based reason Im kinda unsure of the parks along the way. No clue where Martins Fantasy place is, but I may add In La Ronde if it is relatively close (read a 2hr drive away) to Canadas Wonderland.

Wait.. when did you move to NE Ohio?

Since always...? Im near Youngstown, quite possibly a nice area due to its prime location and 9 parks within a 6hr long drive :lol:

And in reply to ECG, yea....it says (according to the attrocity known as Apple Maps thanks to my iPad) around a 6~ish hour long drive. Eff that for next year. I can always do that in July of 2014 before possibly doing my first coaster tour of England.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm hoping to get to Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City and Mt Olympus at least. Might get SFMM early in the year when I'm in California, and haven't even begun to think about what to do in the summer.

We shall see... :D

Smithy

Strata Poster
Interesting. Priced up a week on site at PA and it's around £350pp. That's including direct flights, luggage and a transfer. So tempting but MONEY :(

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
FaceYourNemesis said:
I meant to do all of the UK parks this year, but never got round to it.

Too much time at DMP and Alton James :p

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I know for certain that Thorpe, Alton, Blackpool (trip with non-enthusiast friends) and Adventure Island will happen. Possibly Drayton but a definite yes if it's tacked onto the SW7 Live. I'd like to try and do Fantasy Island too since I'm eager to get on JO, I guess I could try and throw Pleasure Island in there too. I'd like to say somewhere like PA and Warner Madrid but I think I'd rather do most the UK parks first then do Europe in 2014 and America in 2015.

Oakwood may also be on the cards for 2013 since I've been discussing it with a friend who absolutely loves long drives and he and my best friend seem pretty up for it.

nealbie

CF Legend
Should have Orlando booked for 2 weeks at the end of June booked soon. As well as Finland, PortAventura, Heide & Hansa, DLP and Asterix. <3

Good times ^_^

Colossus

Giga Poster
We have plans for the US in July, with a two and a half week trip in the north east, visiting, Cedar Point, Kennywood, Hershey, Dorney, SFGAdv and Lake Compounce. Hopefully with some touristy bits and bobs in NYC also.

Other than that, not much really, possibly Europa for their Halloween event.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I could have sworn I posted in here last night saying about how you can book a week in PA (flights and transfers included to Barcelona/Salou, staying in Port Aventura hotel) around the end of May/Start of June for around £350-£400 each. But now I can't find it. So either it's elsewhere or I didn't let it finish submitting.

It does ook as if El Paso might be all inclusive now, in all the searches I did it came up as the priciest option.

rich210uk

Mega Poster
DLP, Alton for the new cred, Parc Asterix and most likely Thorpe as its just down the road. Next year will be a quiet one for us as we are moving house.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh yeah, if AJ is still over in Paris I'll blates go to Asterix again, definitely need to spend a longer day there with less crowds.

peep

CF Legend
Not sure if I want to say what my big trip is yet on here in case something horrible happens and we can't book it up/becomes too expensive.

However the usual UK Merlin parks will happen, Rome is happening (with added Etnaland), Paris will be happening at least twice, might end up at Plopsa again, tempted by Madrid and Phantasialand is totally happening too <3