What's new

Tranan - S&S Free Fly for Skara Sommarland, Pictures!!

A

Anonymous

The trains have started to arrive in the park:

p23295.jpg

More at: http://www.rcdb.com/ig4312.htm

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
That seems to have gone together rather swiftly.

Now to cross fingers and hope there aren't too many bugs between now and opening.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Agreed. I just want to see some videos of the real thing working now. I understand how it will work and everything, but I just can't imagine what it will look like.

I also hope it is as graceful as the promotional stuff made it out to be. It will truly be one of the best family rides out there, if it succeeds. :lol:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^There's video of the prototype at the S&S website with riders on board. Makes it very clear how it's going to look and work.

A

Anonymous

The ride have now completed it's first test rides, so another hurdle of the construction process is done!!

No pictures though. :(

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
:shock: wow this ride is amazing it ha cars that look like a bird and it should of had an upsidown bit but the animation cant say everything

A

Anonymous

It open as scheduled, look at that TPR topic I linked above for images/videos.

A

Anonymous

They had an incident on the opening day, with some belts that came undone during the ride.

Official press release about the incident:
Skara Sommarland said:
Last Saturday was a sad event during a ride on Tranan when several belts came undone in one of the wagons. We at Skara Sommarland look seriously at this and understands that incidents on attractions causes concern. Safety is always in focus with us at Skara Sommarland and before the premiere of Tranan, a comprehensive survey of the state's accredited inspection bodies Inspecta. When the problem arose, we took immediate action and stopped the ride for the rest of the day to identify and correct the problem. On Sunday morning we tested Tranan for two hours without passengers, and then test rode the coaster. Tranan will now fly without problems.

Mvh Lisa Lindgren, Marketing Skara Sommarland

A

Anonymous

No screeching when I rode it, but the lift was deafening, I mean REALLY BAD!!

The ride itself is awesome, nothing like anything else I have ridden, just purely insane ride, everyone go there!!