What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Sandman

Giga Poster
People are always sceptical at first, the new logo is completely fine. Put it in context of the park and it's development and it makes sense. It's not that the logo isn't magical, because it will be when seen in context, it's just more mature than Toverland's previous branding. I think something would be wrong if enthusiasts actually approved of new branding upon first viewing :p

*Just thought I'd extend this post to illustrate my point. Here are some logos used by big parks considered to be top of the chain when it comes to marketing and PR. Don't really scream 'magical' or 'fairytale' etc, do they?

175x175bb.jpg

2000px-Disneyland_Park_Logo.svg.png

latest

They look good, but not exactly the epitome of magic or mystical. It's subtle, and I think Toverland is transitioning into a bigger 'brand' now. That 'T' logo is going to be a distinguishable logo, an easy to recognise symbol that will feel magic when it is associated with the videos and merchandise it features on. You gotta let it grow first! :)

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I actually really like the re-brand. I think it looks sophisticated and reflects exactly how the park is 'growing up'.
The T in the compass is fab.

Sandman

Giga Poster
The logo of Phantasialand looks magical to me.

But I would guess that your fond memories and nostalgia play a part in that, because you associate that logo with magical experiences. Semiotics etc etc. Perhaps if you had never visited Phantasialand, you wouldn't immediately get that from the logo. I actually think the logo is very subtle and the 'Phantasia' part seems slightly oriental rather than 'magical'.

With Toverland's new logo, I feel as though they are broadening their brand to appeal to a wider audience. I'd say it's a well thought idea considering their rapid growth and with a new major investment on the way, it could do a great deal for the park. I know when you're used to a certain style or image etc then nostalgia can get in the way, but Toverland management are smart enough to see through that and look at new ways to improve :)

Also, the compass is a great symbol to represent such an adventurous park!

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I know and understand the thoughts and reasons behind the Logo but thanks anyway for the explanation.

I agree about the compass but the logo (style) is still just too different in my opinion. Maybe I'll change my opinion after a while, we'll see. ☺️

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Opinion from someone who's never been (so has no nostalgia): I like it. It fits in with the fact that fenix looks like a big step up in investment for them (not that Troy doesn't look good) and is like "we take this themed magical stuff seriously now" compared to their playful old logo. Again, never actually been there so no idea what the park looks like inside with theming etc.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Opinion from someone who's never been (so has no nostalgia): I like it. It fits in with the fact that fenix looks like a big step up in investment for them (not that Troy doesn't look good) and is like "we take this themed magical stuff seriously now" compared to their playful old logo. Again, never actually been there so no idea what the park looks like inside with theming etc.

You can wait to see until your first visit or watch a review on YouTube. Toverland is slowly getting the Dutch version of Europa-Park combined with Phantasialand.

balrog

Mega Poster
But I would guess that your fond memories and nostalgia play a part in that, because you associate that logo with magical experiences. Semiotics etc etc. Perhaps if you had never visited Phantasialand, you wouldn't immediately get that from the logo.
I must entirely disagree with you. The phantasialand logo is not subtle. First time I saw it was before I knew how was the inside of the park, and it actually made me worry that the park was going to force feed me with saturated fantasy and tacky magic.

Back to Toverland, I like this new logo. It isn't too much but gets the job done.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Yeah, I’m really loving the new logo as well. I’m really excited about visiting Toverland this season for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Yeah, I’m really loving the new logo as well. I’m really excited about visiting Toverland this season for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're gonna love the park. As I said before, the way of theming is comparable to Europa Park and Phantasialand but not that immersive (yet).

It's my favorite themepark in the Netherlands and the theming is getting better and better, year after year. They refurbish older attractions, restaurants and stuff and they give it new theming to fit into the area.

I hope they'll do one necessary refurbishment after 2018 's summer season: refurbish Boosterbike (You'll see what I mean, it's the only ugly not fitting coaster theming in the park).

Have fun in this beautiful place.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Anyone got a rough idea of when the new entrance will be ready and when the new area might open? :)
All the park are saying is Summer 2018.
Apparently they do have an opening date in mind and at moment they are on course to meet it as everything is progressing as planned. However incase of delays they are sticking with simply saying Summer 2018.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
IMG_20180117_205858.png
Just this short storytelling update makes me getting more excited about the theming, which I hope of it will look exactly like the concept arts without any cuts.