What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Ben

CF Legend
Finally.

I have my real doubts it’ll open on July 7 and if it does I don’t think it’ll be finished.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Screenshot_20180327-234242.png Screenshot_20180328-001852.png

Toverland announced that they're ready for the most magical year ever.

They care about the appearance of the park so during this winter they've refurbished the Troy Area to ensure that the park looks stunning when Avalon and Port Laguna open.

Picture 1: They did some new flooring and to separate the terrace from the pathway.
Picture 2: The meandering queue is replaced by a winding path in a natural landscape (instead of that big concrete floor) to make the waiting more pleasant.
Picture 3: They used a new picture of the whole construction site as a background picture on their site.

Matt N

CF Legend
The new Troy soundtrack is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing excellent. My god I love IMA.
I agree! I love IMAscore too! I'm not sure why quite a few people seem to have gone off IMAscore as of late. Is it because there's so many of them [IMAscore soundtracks], or is it for a different reason? For me, IMAscore have produced some of my favourite theme park soundtracks!

Dar

Hyper Poster
I agree! I love IMAscore too! I'm not sure why quite a few people seem to have gone off IMAscore as of late. Is it because there's so many of them [IMAscore soundtracks], or is it for a different reason? For me, IMAscore have produced some of my favourite theme park soundtracks!

Without kicking a hornet's nest, I think a big part of it is "hipster-ism" or just plain contrarianism; people that don't like IMAScore just because everybody else does. They like to feel better than other people by not liking what everyone else does.

On the other hand, there are people that don't dislike IMAScore, they simply prefer other composer's music and would like to see them get a chance at making some iconic music. Europa Park is a good example of this, their music is composed by Hendrik Schwarzer and their soundtracks sound amazing as well.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Without kicking a hornet's nest, I think a big part of it is "hipster-ism" or just plain contrarianism; people that don't like IMAScore just because everybody else does. They like to feel better than other people by not liking what everyone else does.

On the other hand, there are people that don't dislike IMAScore, they simply prefer other composer's music and would like to see them get a chance at making some iconic music. Europa Park is a good example of this, their music is composed by Hendrik Schwarzer and their soundtracks sound amazing as well.

Well, I like IMAscore but not the soundtracks from Europa-Park... My ears are bleeding when I hear them. ;)

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
From the 13th April onwards Toverland will be posting a 'Making of' series showing the construction of the new areas.

I saw it 2 hours ago. The way Caroline Kortooms speaks is just hilarious. You should see the video of her from a couple of years ago teasing that Toverland will build a hotel somewhere in the future (if you haven't seen it yet). It's such a great person.

I can't wait until summer. For me is Toverland getting the best themepark in the Netherlands.

A testseat of Fenix has been installed. Visitors can already try out how comfortable the seats will be.
Screenshot_20180406-175601.png
Source: Looopings.nl

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

Progress on the Fenix station theming.

The lifthill continues to grow.
DaGQUapU8AAPUZi.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Please, Toverland. Please hurry up.

I'm still regretting my decision to visit the week after it's scheduled to open. I'm due a coaster opening late to spite me and I genuinely think this'll be it.

Prove me wrong Toverland, prove me wrong.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm still regretting my decision to visit the week after it's scheduled to open. I'm due a coaster opening late to spite me and I genuinely think this'll be it.

Prove me wrong Toverland, prove me wrong.
When is it scheduled for again?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
It is one of the shortest B&Ms around, so if they have an efficient team erecting the track and supports, they could really open this on time.

I have seen more complex constructions be done in a matter of weeks, and remember that this is Toverland, so terrain is really flat, which poses less problems when building a ride. Theming around the ride, I am not sure it can be done for opening day though.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^It's not that short is it..? Like it's longer than 4 of the British ones and it's gotta be longer than all the dive coasters surely? I mean, 800 metres doesn't sound that short anyway.

Matt N

CF Legend
One thing they could do that quite a few European parks have done recently is to open the ride unthemed on 7th July 2018 and then add the theming in 2019.