What's new

Toverland | "d'Wervelwind" | Mack Spinner

Martyn B

CF Legend
Re: Toverland | "Unknown" | Mack Spinner

They've been doing a lot of work indoors all year, you can see it in these pics here:

http://www.bellewaerdefun.be/forum/view ... f=4&t=1330

Quick Google Translate:

Toverland is more magical than ever

Toverland working on a major redesign, which includes significant changes from the first hall, the Land of Toos concerns. The hall will be transformed into a magical beautiful Magical world. In 2011 Toverland celebrates its 10th anniversary on 3 & 4 June under the name â € ™ 10 Magic Momentsâ € ™.

bazaar
The new entrance brings the visitor into a new magical oriental world with familiar Toverland attractions. The entire entrance hall gets a facelift and the Restaurant with the Crown addressed. Visitors will Toverland now abandoned by the new store of the park. These will be located on the site of the former theater. The first alterations are expected for the anniversary in June completed. In the second half of this year will be started with the other alterations to the Land of Toos, called â € ~ € ™ Magistraatâ.

10-year anniversary
Besides these alterations is Toverland busy with a rebranding that will affect all communications from Toverland. The new logo and new Toos are already served through the Twitter account of Toverland, www.twitter.com / magical world. The style is entirely isolated ¼ pgrade, also launched a new website soon.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Awesomesauce Toverland, that's some excellent new theming. They've really concentrated on the details to make it realistic <3

peep

CF Legend

I'm loving this new look and focus on theming of the first shed. Sounds like over the next year or two there will be lots of work going on to improve the general look of the place and I approve of this. If there is one thing that could make Toverland any better it's adding more theming. The construction of the new entrance and that had actually started when we had the CF Live last April, that's how long it's taken them, but it's looking awesome.

I'm still concerned about this new coaster though, the ride type just seems wrong. There was me thinking the manager was a coaster-nerd and then he goes and gets a mack spinner. Who knows, maybe it'll have something special to it that makes it epic.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Taken from Nadroj's link:
DSC01211-klein.jpg

I'm assuming this is the site of the new coaster, but it looks huge, they could build the world's biggest spinning coaster on that plot and have plenty of room spare. Also the blue block on the right of the pic seems to be the back of the second building, I can't remember there being any significant space between Booster bikes and the bobsled, won't the entrance to this be a bit shoe-horned?

peep

CF Legend

Yeah, this is something that has been brought up on other forums I read. I can't remember what the solution was (or rumoured to be at least) but yeah, I can't see a new entrance to it fitting in very nicely. Booster Bike pretty much blocks off the entirety of the back of that building. They could (I suppose) build a bridge over the bobsled thing from the top of that platform that sits in the corner? Meh, who knows what Toverland have up their sleeve.

Lofty

CF Legend

Well, look at the entrance to Goliath at Walibi, that's the same, there's one single path that leads to the coaster, diverting around the SLC. It's rather stupid to be totally honest with you, it's a nightmare for flow.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

^ Agreed, I reckon there should just be a path direct to Goliath from the car park so you don't have to bother with the rest :lol:

I wonder if booster bikes will get any more theming over the next couple of years, I know it has some but the rest of the park seems to be leaving it behind slightly. Maybe sharing a theme with the new coaster . . .

peep

CF Legend

The plan that was rumoured the other year was that at the opposite end of the booster bike was going to be a new water coaster, like, some huge thing which was going to cost some silly amount of money. Included in the plan apparently was to add a massive coliseum around the track of booster bike which just seems insane but I suppose the idea was so the coaster tied in better with the rides at that end of the park.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I always quite liked the subtle theming of the Booster Bike though, the weird vines and bugs and things, was always quite cute and the colour scheme of the coaster just seemed like an extension of that?

I'm really liking the new theming in the first building. The look of the second building always put the first to shame so nice to see they're bringing it up to speed.

Toverland <3

Inverse

Hyper Poster

I just got back from Toverland.

This is being advertised on their map-book thingy for opening at the end of 2012. There was no obvious sign of construction in the park however. Some cleared land that currently was holding wood ready for what looked like another play area climbing thing.

The book talks about the ride being a magical experience, but I wouldn't read into that as the park is generally based on magic and wizards. CG picture in the book shows the ride having green track, yellow supports and blue trains. That colour scheme could match Booster Bike and expand on the overgrown plant theme.

Martyn B

CF Legend

An official document for the parks expansion:

a7237eff85cc4a14b21c97e.png

Also note the Rapids that they're planning!

Ethan

Strata Poster

YAY I want...

The rapids and the coaster look to be a good length too :)

peep

CF Legend

I still think this coaster is going to be awful and totally the wrong choice for the park. The rapids is going to be built by Hafama (sp?). They're the peeps behind the amazing River Quest at Phantasialand. Now this doesn't have my favourite elements (lift and whirlpool) but it looks long and apparently has 5 drops, which sounds insane. Oh and the way that there are like a zillion bridges and that around the area looks fantastic. No idea if the rapids will be opening in October like the coaster though.

Oh and I don't know if it's already been mentioned but apparently this is a clone?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Why is a spinner the wrong choice for Toverland?

I got the impression from my visit that the place is a family-oriented park, putting in a spinner should be perfect for that demographic.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Yeah I would like to know that too?

Besides, we don't even know how the coaster is going to look like except for a 'top-down' view layout.

nadroJ

CF Legend

rollermonkey said:
Why is a spinner the wrong choice for Toverland?

I got the impression from my visit that the place is a family-oriented park, putting in a spinner should be perfect for that demographic.

I think it's the style of spinner that it is that people are a bit miffed about. From what I've read (having never ridden one myself) they don't seem that thrilling and having even been reported to be boring. Considering the park's last big investment was Troy, it's a bit of a disappointment to see them choose something like this to follow it.

However, I'm sure they'll theme it an make it look awesome and I'm REALLY excited about this rapids ride! Can't wait to see how Toverland will continue to develop.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Mack Spinners are a bit meh... Euro Mir and that one at Knotts aren't particularly the most exciting rides known to enthusiasts, especially when compared to the Maurer versions... Especially Knotts version... That WAS boring...

However, it will fit into the park most likely... Will be great for families and will be seen as something below Booster Bike and Troy for intensity...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Well, i think this looks great... So.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeI0UYoDXUE[/youtube]

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ You can see that its going to be a clone of that. Looks ok in my opinion.