What's new

Top 3 coaster experiences?

RestlessRider

Roller Poster
1. First ride on Steel Vengeance. Blown away!
2. Front seat Intimidator 305 at night. The first drop seems to last twice as long, and the train seems to go twice as fast.
3. Riding 27 times on Fury 325 in six hours.

Snoo

The Legend
1. First ride on Steel Vengeance. Blown away!
2. Front seat Intimidator 305 at night. The first drop seems to last twice as long, and the train seems to go twice as fast.
3. Riding 27 times on Fury 325 in six hours.

I assume you've been on 305 at night as well? I'm a back row fan myself due to the intensity. It's just as good or even better than the front IMO.

Pear

Strata Poster
I don't find a major difference between the front and back in terms of intensity, but the front is much better just for the wind in your face and the unobstructed view.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I finally got a front row seat on a giga. It was Millennium Force at night in early June. The ride came with a free meal which was nice.

RestlessRider

Roller Poster
I assume you've been on 305 at night as well? I'm a back row fan myself due to the intensity. It's just as good or even better than the front IMO.
For most of my rides on 305, I'm like you -- I head toward the back. However, at night, the front is just awesome because of that feeling on the first drop of plunging into darkness with nothing in front of you. Also, the darkness just makes the ride feel so much faster as you see the track directly in front of you with the moonlight glistening on the track.

Pear

Strata Poster
1. Steel Vengeance in the back at night
2. My first time on Taron. It was surreal seeing the ride in person and experiencing it for the first time
3. Boulder Dash at night (back when the ride was good)

Changing out my number 3 with riding Alpengeist during night ERT front row in the pouring rain. It was a very wet experience due to both the zero car and the trees dumping water all over you and the ride was running much faster than normal as well!

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
1. My first ride on Lightning Rod (August 2016). I think I was laughing like a maniac for the next hour after I rode this for the first time.
2. All 3 of my rides of Fury 325 (June 2017). To put it shortly, I was in shock by how great this ride actually was.
3. Full Throttle ERT in the back car (September 2013). I never experienced pure ejector air up until this time.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
1. T Express at 9PM almost no lights, Front seat , only nightscape of Everland is visible.
2. Draken ride in strong rain. It was pouring in Gyeoungju and i was the 1st rider od Draken in that day.
3. Revenge of the Mummy. Dark. No lights! Smooth but intense , decent airtimes.

myself

Roller Poster
Lightning Rod at night.
Viper at Darien Lake..... My friend passed out for a photo.
Phone Call asking where I was while on Wild Eagle.

Chrissy

Roller Poster
1. Joris en de draak - first ride at De Efteling. Was very happy it was so enjoyable after they shut Pegasus(I loved that ride)
2. Vampire ride Chessington - my first ride on a Rollercoaster in 1990's so although not that intense for that time in my life it was amazing.
3. Mick Doonans motor coaster Dreamworld Australia - first ride on that type of coaster 2007 was really great-prefer Tron now I've experienced that

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Keep it simple:
1. Voyage at Night (Fall 2018)
2. X2 at Night (Winter 2012)
3. Beast at Night (whenevs)

3 - Icon from row
2-First ride of the season on Alton Towers opening day Smiler front row
1-Back row right nemesis, got stuck on lift hill was a right laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I’ve had so many great coaster experiences, mostly in the category of night rides; however, these three immediately came to mind.

1 - The Voyage at night with trims off in the back row, June 2, 2018.
2 - Maverick at night, August 2017.
3 - Riding Verbolten for the first time — a very pleasant surprise in itself — and keeping the track drop a secret from my father, it took his breath away.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
1) Final ride on Python in Bamboo Forest! THE AIRTIME!
2) 23 ride marathon of Helix my last day at Liseberg
3) 24 night rides in 4 hours on Boulder Dash

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
1. Steel Vengeance towards the back at night (April 2018)
2. Beast at Night (Summer 2018)
3. Riding Banshee about 7 times in 1 day (2014/15, I can't quite remember)
That last one is especially important to me, it's what truly kick-started my love for roller coasters!

Honorable mention: Riding Valravn with my muscles relaxed. It's very weird having your arms and legs flying all over the place!
Honorable mention #2: Riding 6 different coasters at Cedar Point in less than 5 hours thanks to early entry!

jay37415

Mega Poster
1. Voyage at night.
2. Front row on Lightning Rod during as remnants of a tropical storm were coming through.
3. Riding next to my son on a Vekoma SLC and laughing because he is in sheer pain just after he muttered the words, "It doesn't look that rough."

Bartzabel

Roller Poster
1. Leviathan 25x in a row last summer, going on from mid noon to night is a cool experience. Also, the night rides had no trims, we went flying on that second airtime hill.
2. I marathoned Dueling Dragons back in the day when it existed and Dueled (R.I.P) did Ice and Fire 20x each, surprised I didn't get sick but I did get a headache the day after. Worth it
3. The night before Dueling Dragons, I marathoned on Hulk and did about 30 rides. This was before the ret-tracking so I did get a wicked headache too but again, worth it.

Last edited: