What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Wow, a Gerstlauer in the Top 15 - Fury must be quite the ride!

Was that ranking based on a forwards or backwards ride?

Wow, a Gerstlauer in the Top 15 - Fury must be quite the ride!

Was that ranking based on a forwards or backwards ride?
I preferred backwards, but having the choice is part of the reason I rank it so highly, because it’s great in both directions. It’s buttery smooth, intense, has good moments of airtime, including BACKWARDS AIRTIME! Which is pretty strong too, and not something I’ve felt a lot of before, if at all.

But most of all, remember, I don’t have that many creds ???

4 new entries into my top 15 after visiting Poland and Belgium to ride coasters for the first time.

1. Untamed
2. Hyperion
3. Taron
4. Zadra
5. Shambhala
6. Helix
7. Lech
8. Nemesis
9. Lost Gravity
10. Icon
11. Red Force
12. Balder
13. Fury
14. Troy
15. Goliath (WH)
I haven't seen your review of Hyperion(if you have done one) so I'll ask here.
As good as the ride is, and yes it's very good, likely a top 20 or 30 ride for me. I found the shuffle/roughness from the floater hill onwards to really detract from the experience. To the extent that I spent more time thinking about the roughness than the rest of the awesome layout.

Now this is likely a train issue as when I first visited I had a few amazing rides which could have wormed it into the top 10, but more than likely high in my top 20, but then they removed a train and all subsequent rides had this shuffle.

Clearly you had some amazing rides but what makes you think it's better than a few incredible ride experiences such as Taron, Helix and Zadra?

As good as the ride is, and yes it's very good, likely a top 20 or 30 ride for me. I found the shuffle/roughness from the floater hill onwards to really detract from the experience. To the extent that I spent more time thinking about the roughness than the rest of the awesome layout.

Now this is likely a train issue as when I first visited I had a few amazing rides which could have wormed it into the top 10, but more than likely high in my top 20, but then they removed a train and all subsequent rides had this shuffle.

Clearly you had some amazing rides but what makes you think it's better than a few incredible ride experiences such as Taron, Helix and Zadra?
I rode it on Monday for the first time and noticed the rattle on the low sections near the back but not on the front row. Front row was amazing! Wouldn't quite say it was better than Taron but preferred it to Zadra (despite Zadra almost rivalling SV for me) because I just prefer that style of ride to RMCs in general. Not done helix so can't comment on that. Both Hyperion and Zadra are amazing rides though.

I haven’t written a review yet. But here’s the thing, I’ve been at Energylandia for 4 days now, (with good company I might add) and for the first 2 days, the weather was lovely, the park was busy, and I was really struggling to decide which of the 2 big rides in the park I preffered. Hyperion was fast, full of ejector, and buttery smooth, to the point of me actually questioning the sanity of those who I’d seen say it was a bit shakey.

At the end of the second day, I finally settled on Hyperion. That was the evening I posted here, and in the Zadra thread.

Now here’s the crazy thing, the next day the weather turned, it was colder and windier, the park was quieter, and they were not sending the one train in operation as quickly as the previous days. After my first ride on Hyperion, I came off and said straight away to @pvnks did that feel rough to you. Because it seemed a world apart from my previous 2 days full of rides on it.

I don’t know if it was the weather, which was my immediate suspicion, or just that we had been lucky to have a ‘good’ train on the first 2 days, and now they were only running the ‘bad’ train. I don’t know what it was to be honest, but to me it felt much more shakey. I repeatedly said to Pvnks, that it was so much rougher.

Long story short, now after a further 2 days riding, I’m really torn between which of the 2 I prefer. It’s such a close call between Hyperion and Zadra that even after 4 days, I can’t really call it. But one thing’s for sure, they sure are lucky to have both of these rides in their park over there, and to think this park is only going to get much more in the very near future is just mind blowing.

As for preffering both over Taron and Helix, that’s an easy choice. Helix somewhat dissapointed me, I mean it was great, excellent in fact, but I just did not enjoy it nearly as much asI enjoyed Taron. It seems to lack force sometimes, and there are too many things about it that, to be honest, just piss me off. The long queue line, the escalators, the slow launch, the seat belts on restraints, the reride policy (yes I know this is common, but I’m comparing it to Taron, on which I’ve been allowed to sit on the same train, for an hour at a time, several times.)

So Taron beats Helix for me, and Hyperion, well, Hyperion just does some of my favourite elements of Taron, to an absoloutely insane level, and I’d take that drop in the back row over a second launch on Taron any day.

Edited to add: I forgot to say, after 2 more days of riding Zadra, I’d now put that above Taron too, it really is incredible, ‘that turnaround’ and ‘that hill’ that really annoyed me the first few rides have been really delivering more how I expected them to the last 2 days too. So it’s just Zadra and Hyperion I’m torn with... I’m so useless, 4 days and I still can’t decide ?

Last edited:
This might be the most amazing set of nitpicky complaints I've seen. I would respect it if it were about any other ride.
So, it’s fine to take the same issues with any other ride, but not the almighty Helix? ?

They weren’t complaints, they were reasons I enjoyed the thing less than Taron. I’m sorry you don’t like my reasons, but that’s your problem really, not mine :)

But since you seem to need some justification here it is... The escalators are a vital part of accessing the ride, they constantly break down, and stay down for ages, fine for me, I can run up the stairs, my travelling companion couldn’t!

The seatbelt digs into you sometimes, and can be quite uncomfortable, plus they increase loading time, when they’re just not needed.

The reride policy is stupid, it’s stupid everywhere else that does this too. They were literally sending empty trains rather than letting people re ride. Take Merlin for example, AT, no rerides, TP you can reride... So what exactly is the reason for AT’s policy if other park’s in the same chain allow it... Stupid!

We enjoy rollercoasters because of how they make ‘US’ feel, if ‘nitpicky’ things like seatbelts, escalators, poor ops, roughness or whatever are detracting from the experience, that of course lowers the ride in our estimation.

I rode it on Monday for the first time and noticed the rattle on the low sections near the back but not on the front row. Front row was amazing! Wouldn't quite say it was better than Taron but preferred it to Zadra (despite Zadra almost rivalling SV for me) because I just prefer that style of ride to RMCs in general. Not done helix so can't comment on that. Both Hyperion and Zadra are amazing rides though.
Yeah I agree with this, although I did get the shuffle near the front(2nd row I think) but the back was much more pronounced.
I don't agree with your RMC onions but no point in trying to change your mind, if you don't like Steve then this will be the same ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's still fab, despite the Hyperion Shuffle(TM).

Yeah I agree with this, although I did get the shuffle near the front(2nd row I think) but the back was much more pronounced.
I don't agree with your RMC onions but no point in trying to change your mind, if you don't like Steve then this will be the same ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's still fab, despite the Hyperion Shuffle(TM).
I don't not like Steve, enjoyed it more this year just wouldn't put it in my top 10. Always enjoy an RMC but they're just not my favourite type of cred. :D

End of Year! Bold is new and italicized is movement either up or down.

CC: 359

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
3 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
4 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
5 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
6 Voyage - Holiday World
7 Wildfire - Kolmarden
8 Fury 325 - Carowinds
9 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
10 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom

11 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
12 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
13 Maverick - Cedar Point
14 Phoenix - Knoebels
15 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
16 Banshee - Kings Island
17 Afterburn - Carowinds
18 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
19 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
20 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
21 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
22 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
23 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
24 Steel Curtain - Kennywood
25 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
26 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
27 Mystic Timbers - Kings Island
28 Millennium Force - Cedar Point
29 MaxxForce - Six Flags Great America
30 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland

After 2 further days at Energylandia, and some time at home to think on it I’m revising my list. This is my final list of the year as no major new to me creds planned this year.

Given the noticeable rattle on Hyperion on my second and third day, and the fact that Zadra got better and better for me, my list is as follows.

1. Untamed
2. Zadra (up 2 places)
3. Hyperion (down 1)
4. Taron (down 1)

5. Shambhala
6. Helix
7. Lech
8. Nemesis
9. Lost Gravity
10. Icon
11. Red Force
12. Balder
13. Fury
14. Troy
15. Goliath (WH)

I think I went into Zadra expecting, or hoping, for non stop ejector, like Untamed. My preconceptions hindered my ability to fully appreciate what it does do extremely well. As others have said it is very well rounded, and whilst it does not give that none stop ejector, it is wicked fast and has a beautiful balance of elements and forces.

I was wrong.

Posted my new top 10 to my trip report but might as well put it here too.

1.Taron
2.Beast
3.Maverick
4.Skyrush
5. Millennium Force
6. Top Thrill Dragster
7. El Toro (sfgadv)

8. Karnan
9. Montu
10. Storm Runner

New entries from my 2018 USA Trip in bold.
I think I like intamin.
Finally updated my top 10 and added up to top 20. Getting to the point where it's hard to rank but here it is anyway.

1. Taron
2. Maverick
3. Skyrush
4. Hyperion
5. Beast (dark)
6. The Voyage
7. El Toro
8. Ravine Flyer II (dark)
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Phantom's Revenge

11. Storm Runner
12. Lightning Racer
13. Millennium Force
14. Shambhala
15. Mystic Timbers
16. Olympia Looping
17. Superman Madrid
18. Montu
19. Troy
20. Joris

The RMC legion continues to build. It really hurts me when stuff like T-Express is dropping off the bottom here.

1. Helix - Liseberg
2. Python in Bamboo Forest - Wanda Nanchang
3. Jungle Trailblazer - Fantawild Dreamland Zhengzhou
4. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
5. Skyrush - Hersheypark
6. Taiga - Linnanmäki
7. Flying Aces - Ferrari World
8. Eejanaika - Fuji-Q Highland
9. Wood Coaster - Knight Valley
10. Hakugei - Nagashima Spa Land

11. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
12. Fjord Flying Dragon - Happy Valley Tianjin
13. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
14. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
15. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
16. Untamed - Walibi Holland
17. OCT Thrust SSC1000 - Happy Valley Wuhan
18. Taron - Phantasialand
19. DC Rivals Hypercoaster - Warner Bros. Movie World
20. Flying Dinosaur - Universal Studios Japan
21. Jungle Trailblazer - Oriental Heritage Wuhu
22. Wooden Coaster - Fireball - Happy Valley Shanghai
23. Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
24. Railblazer - California's Great America
25. Extreme Rusher - Happy Valley Beijing

Haven't though about my top ten in ages so decided to rearrange it a bit!

1: Katun - Mirabilandia
2: Helix - Liseberg
3: Taron - Phantasialand
4: Dodonpa - Fui Q Highland
5: Wildfire - Kolmarden
6: Pyrenees - Parque Espana - Shima Spain Village
7: Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
8: Schwur des Karnan - Hansa Park
9: Space Mountain - WDW MK
10: Hyperion - Energylandia

Haven't though about my top ten in ages so decided to rearrange it a bit!

1: Katun - Mirabilandia
2: Helix - Liseberg
3: Taron - Phantasialand
4: Dodonpa - Fui Q Highland
5: Wildfire - Kolmarden
6: Pyrenees - Parque Espana - Shima Spain Village
7: Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
8: Schwur des Karnan - Hansa Park
9: Space Mountain - WDW MK
10: Hyperion - Energylandia
Not many people have B&M Inverts in their Top 10s, but you've got three! Obvious what kind of thing you look for in a coaster then!

Right, I know I updated the list fairly recently after my Florida trip in April, but I've reridden some other things and let's be honest; I'm never truly decisive about the ordering of my coaster rankings, am I? Also, I'm going to place a rating out of 10 next to each of the coasters in my list, as I have ranked every coaster I've ridden and rated it out of 10 on an overall spectrum of enjoyment, so I thought you guys might be interested to see what score I would give each of these rides. Anyway, without further ado, let's get right into my rankings, starting with my top 10 coasters with descriptions (warning in advance; some of my opinions may be controversial!):
Matt N's Top 10 Coasters (w/descriptions)
  1. Mako (Orlando) - Nearly 3 years after my first ride, this wonderful beast of a coaster still remains at the top spot for me! That might seem ludicrous given how many more rides I've ridden since, but when I delve into the ride experience, it's easy to see why this ride remains my #1; it's glass smooth and insanely rerideable, yet also forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! But the main reason why it did so much for me was because it is an absolute airtime machine wherever you sit! This ride probably still has the greatest airtime I've ever experienced on a coaster; that first drop and those big hills provide ludicrously good sustained airtime, in my opinion! Mako is pretty much everything I enjoy in a coaster summed up in one ride, and even though it's nearly 3 years since I last rode, I am fairly certain that it is still my favourite coaster; plummeting over those airtime hills and down that first drop for the first time are still some of the greatest memories of my entire life! 10/10
  2. Icon - A phrase I would use to describe Icon is "jack of all trades"; I don't think it is the best coaster I've ridden in any particular category, but it is immensely good in quite a number of categories! I will admit the launches are not the greatest, but I don't think that really matters given how awesome the rest of the ride is! Icon is an extremely smooth coaster, it has very good ejector airtime, the turns are nice and whippy, the trains are excellent and the ride is very well paced, as well as being forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! Overall, I think Icon is a wonderful coaster, and as with Mako above, it is exactly my sort of ride! I value fun and rerideability hugely in a coaster, and Icon is outstanding at both of these, in my opinion! 10/10
  3. Montu - An absolutely outstanding inverted coaster! Montu packs some absolutely fantastic forces and elements into its layout, in my opinion, and despite being such a big, sprawling beast of a coaster, it has just the right amount of intensity for me! It's also fantastically smooth for a coaster of its age and intensity, and some of the inversions are brilliant and unique, as well as having brilliant pacing, which I find staggering given that it's quite a long coaster! Overall, Montu is a simply fabulous coaster! 10/10
  4. Nemesis - As soon as I came off Nemesis for the first time in 2013, I knew it was a special ride for me! Even though my coaster count has increased exponentially since I first rode it, Nemesis has somehow managed to stand the test of time within my rankings; in fact, it actually ranks 1 spot higher for me now than it did in 2014, when I'd only ridden 25 coasters as opposed to the 66 I've ridden now! I swear my respect for it grows every time I ride it, and I loved it from ride 1! It shares many positive attributes with Montu above; it too is a fantastically paced coaster that is staggeringly smooth for its age and intensity! Nemesis is also potentially one of the most unique and artfully designed coasters I've ever ridden; even though Montu ranks slightly higher for me, I still absolutely love how Nemesis keeps on building up speed and intensity throughout the layout! It may be one of my most ridden coasters, and I may rank Montu marginally higher, but I don't think the raw thrill of Nemesis will ever grow old for me! 10/10
  5. The Swarm - In my opinion, The Swarm is potentially one of the most underrated coasters in the UK! Many slate it, but I absolutely adore it! It's glass smooth, decently forceful, the hangtime is fantastic and it's genuinely one of the most relentlessly fun and rerideable coasters I've ever ridden! As with Nemesis above, I also think that The Swarm grows on me each time I ride it, despite how much I loved it upon my first ride back in 2014! Overall, The Swarm is definitely my favourite Thorpe coaster, and such a thrilling, yet smooth and rerideable coaster, in my opinion! 10/10
  6. SheiKra - Enthusiasts may often criticise Dive Coasters for being one-trick-ponies, but SheiKra's trick is executed fantastically, in my opinion! The vertical drop 200ft above Busch Gardens is simply fantastic, in my opinion! The ride is also decently forceful, very smooth and has a number of other fantastic elements to it that really make it a fantastic ride! Overall, SheiKra is awesome, if you ask me! 10/10
  7. Mine Blower - Do not let this ride's unassuming stats fool you; Mine Blower is awesome! It's got some brilliant moments of ejector airtime and has fantastic pacing! The ride's signature inversion is also fantastic, and provides a seriously nice moment of hangtime in somewhat stark contrast to the relentless nature of the rest of the ride! Even though it wasn't the smoothest coaster I've ridden, I also didn't find Mine Blower as unbearably rough as expected; I only found it to have the slight rattle you'd expect from a wooden coaster and the odd minor jolt! However, do bear in mind that I only rode in the front, so it might vary further back. All in all, Mine Blower is a brilliant wooden coaster that's definitely worth taking a detour from the main parks of Central Florida for, in my opinion! 9/10
  8. Kumba - I don't initially remember Kumba ranking insanely highly for me when I first made a top 10, but the more I think about it, the more I remember this ride being fantastic! Kumba certainly packs a punch throughout, and is reasonably smooth with some great inversions! Overall, a really good sit-down looper from B&M, in my opinion! 9/10
  9. Kraken - Another one that I personally find to be very underrated! I never hear much positivity regarding Kraken, but I thought it was brilliant! Some great inversions in there, and I remember it being very well paced with power right through to the end, even though I don't remember it being quite as forceful as some other B&Ms I've done! Overall, a brilliant B&M coaster, in my opinion! 9/10
  10. Incredible Hulk - The only launched B&M coaster I've done, and it packs a punch for sure! The ride starts with a huge bang; the initial sequence of elements following the launch are absolutely outstanding, in my opinion! However, the reason the ride does not rank as highly as some other B&Ms for me is because I find the ending to be somewhat weak compared to the likes of Kumba, Kraken, Montu and others and I also don't think it's quite as smooth, although I certainly didn't find Hulk anywhere near unrideable by any means. Still, it's a fantastic coaster despite all of this, in my opinion; if it was a little smoother and the ending maintained the momentum of the fantastic start, it would possibly hit my 10/10 tier! 9/10
Now I've gotten the descriptions over with, I'll give a wider insight into the rest of my rankings with a top 30:
Matt N's Top 30 Coasters
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) (10/10)
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (10/10)
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  4. Nemesis (Alton Towers) (10/10)
  5. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) (10/10)
  6. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  7. Mine Blower (Fun Spot Kissimmee) (9/10)
  8. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) (9/10)
  9. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) (9/10)
  10. Incredible Hulk (Universal's Islands of Adventure) (9/10)
  11. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) (9/10)
  12. Megafobia (Oakwood) (9/10)
  13. Rock'n'Rollercoaster (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (9/10)
  14. Stealth (Thorpe Park) (8/10)
  15. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park) (8/10)
  16. Galactica (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  17. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida) (8/10)
  18. Oblivion (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  19. Nickelodeon Streak (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (8/10)
  20. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Florida) (7/10)
  21. Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa) (7/10)
  22. Space Mountain Alpha (Disney's Magic Kingdom) (7/10)
  23. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (7/10)
  24. Expedition Everest (Disney's Animal Kingdom) (6/10)
  25. Thirteen (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  26. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Universal Studios Florida) (6/10)
  27. Slinky Dog Dash (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (6/10)
  28. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando) (6/10)
  29. The Smiler (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  30. Cobra's Curse (Busch Gardens Tampa) (6/10)
So, that's my rankings! With the whole rating out of 10 thing, do bear in mind that this is relative to my entire count, which is why some of the top-notch family coasters I've done, like Thirteen and Everest, only get a 6/10. This is also why Gringotts only gets a 6/10 as a coaster; if I was to rate and rank it as a dark ride, its score would be far higher!
Right, it's the end of my coastering year and my indecisiveness, as well as having reridden some things, has led me to reshuffle my list once again. There's been no major changes, but I just decided to change a few things:
(The rides I moved are in italics):
The Top 10 (w/descriptions):
  1. Mako (Orlando) - Nearly 3 years after my first ride, this wonderful beast of a coaster still remains at the top spot for me! That might seem ludicrous given how many more rides I've ridden since, but when I delve into the ride experience, it's easy to see why this ride remains my #1; it's glass smooth and insanely rerideable, yet also forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! But the main reason why it did so much for me was because it is an absolute airtime machine wherever you sit! This ride probably still has the greatest airtime I've ever experienced on a coaster; that first drop and those big hills provide ludicrously good sustained airtime, in my opinion! Mako is pretty much everything I enjoy in a coaster summed up in one ride, and even though it's nearly 3 years since I last rode, I am fairly certain that it is still my favourite coaster; plummeting over those airtime hills and down that first drop for the first time are still some of the greatest memories of my entire life! 10/10
  2. Icon - A phrase I would use to describe Icon is "jack of all trades"; I don't think it is the best coaster I've ridden in any particular category, but it is immensely good in quite a number of categories! I will admit the launches are not the greatest, but I don't think that really matters given how awesome the rest of the ride is! Icon is an extremely smooth coaster, it has very good ejector airtime, the turns are nice and whippy, the trains are excellent and the ride is very well paced, as well as being forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! Overall, I think Icon is a wonderful coaster, and as with Mako above, it is exactly my sort of ride! I value fun and rerideability hugely in a coaster, and Icon is outstanding at both of these, in my opinion! 10/10
  3. Montu - An absolutely outstanding inverted coaster! Montu packs some absolutely fantastic forces and elements into its layout, in my opinion, and despite being such a big, sprawling beast of a coaster, it has just the right amount of intensity for me! It's also fantastically smooth for a coaster of its age and intensity, and some of the inversions are brilliant and unique, as well as having brilliant pacing, which I find staggering given that it's quite a long coaster! Overall, Montu is a simply fabulous coaster! 10/10
  4. SheiKra - Enthusiasts may often criticise Dive Coasters for being one-trick-ponies, but SheiKra's trick is executed fantastically, in my opinion! The vertical drop 200ft above Busch Gardens is simply fantastic, in my opinion! The ride is also decently forceful, very smooth and has a number of other fantastic elements to it that really make it a fantastic ride! Overall, SheiKra is awesome, if you ask me! 10/10
  5. The Swarm - In my opinion, The Swarm is potentially one of the most underrated coasters in the UK! Many slate it, but I absolutely adore it! It's glass smooth, decently forceful while not being too forceful, the hangtime is fantastic and it's genuinely one of the most relentlessly fun and rerideable coasters I've ever ridden! I also think that The Swarm grows on me each time I ride it, despite how much I loved it upon my first ride back in 2014! Overall, The Swarm is definitely my favourite Thorpe coaster, and such a thrilling, yet smooth and rerideable coaster, in my opinion! 10/10
  6. Mine Blower - Do not let this ride's unassuming stats fool you; Mine Blower is awesome! It's got some brilliant moments of ejector airtime and has fantastic pacing! The ride's signature inversion is also fantastic, and provides a seriously nice moment of hangtime in somewhat stark contrast to the relentless nature of the rest of the ride! Even though it wasn't the smoothest coaster I've ridden, I also didn't find Mine Blower as unbearably rough as expected; I only found it to have the slight rattle you'd expect from a wooden coaster and the odd minor jolt! However, do bear in mind that I only rode in the front, so it might vary further back. All in all, Mine Blower is a brilliant wooden coaster that's definitely worth taking a detour from the main parks of Central Florida for, in my opinion! 10/10 (Update: I decided to upgrade Mine Blower to a 10/10 because in all honesty, my level of enjoyment from it definitely matched my other 10/10 coasters, and I can't really think of anything inherently wrong with it!)
  7. Nemesis - As soon as I came off Nemesis for the first time in 2013, I knew it was a special ride for me! Even though my coaster count has increased exponentially since I first rode it, Nemesis has somehow managed to stand the test of time within my rankings! It shares many positive attributes with Montu above; it too is a fantastically paced coaster that is staggeringly smooth for its age and intensity! Nemesis is also potentially one of the most unique and artfully designed coasters I've ever ridden; even though Montu ranks slightly higher for me, I still absolutely love how Nemesis keeps on building up speed and intensity throughout the layout! It may be one of my most ridden coasters, and I may rank Montu marginally higher, but I don't think the raw thrill of Nemesis will ever grow old for me! However, the reason why I have moved it down and downgraded it to a 9 from a 10 is because despite it being very smooth for its age, I do often find that some of the transitions are slightly jarring to me. Nemesis is still a fantastic ride, though! 9/10
  8. Kraken - Another one that I personally find to be very underrated! I never hear much positivity regarding Kraken, but I thought it was brilliant! Some great inversions in there, and I remember it being very well paced with power right through to the end, even though I don't remember it being quite as forceful as some other B&Ms I've done! Overall, a brilliant B&M coaster, in my opinion! 9/10
  9. Kumba - I don't initially remember Kumba ranking insanely highly for me when I first made a top 10, but the more I think about it, the more I remember this ride being fantastic! Kumba certainly packs a punch throughout, and is reasonably smooth with some great inversions! Overall, a really good sit-down looper from B&M, in my opinion! 9/10
  10. Wicker Man - I know it may only look small, but don't be fooled; Wicker Man certainly packs a punch! I absolutely love the ride's relentless pacing and amazing transitions, and I just think it's an immensely fun wooden coaster in general! If there was one thing I would change about Wicker Man, I would add more moments of airtime, as I feel the ride's airtime is somewhat minimal in comparison to other wooden coasters I've ridden, but this is probably me being picky, as GCIs aren't really about airtime! Overall, I think Wicker Man is a superb wooden coaster; definitely my favourite UK wooden coaster! 9/10
The Top 30:
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) (10/10)
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (10/10)
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  4. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  5. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) (10/10)
  6. Mine Blower (Fun Spot Kissimmee) (10/10)
  7. Nemesis (Alton Towers) (9/10)
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) (9/10)
  9. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) (9/10)
  10. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) (9/10)
  11. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park) (9/10)
  12. Megafobia (Oakwood) (9/10)
  13. Stealth (Thorpe Park) (8/10)
  14. Incredible Hulk (Universal's Islands of Adventure) (8/10)
  15. Rock'n'Rollercoaster (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (8/10)
  16. Galactica (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  17. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida) (8/10)
  18. Oblivion (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  19. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Florida) (7/10)
  20. Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa) (7/10)
  21. Space Mountain Alpha (Disney's Magic Kingdom) (7/10)
  22. Thirteen (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  23. Expedition Everest (Disney's Animal Kingdom) (6/10)
  24. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Universal Studios Florida) (6/10)
  25. Slinky Dog Dash (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (6/10)
  26. Avalanche (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (6/10)
  27. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (6/10)
  28. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando) (6/10)
  29. The Smiler (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  30. Cobra's Curse (Busch Gardens Tampa) (6/10)
So, those are my updated rankings! I'm hoping for some new additions next year, but I don't know exactly what those would be or where they would come from. Also, it is worth me noting that my ratings out of 10 are relative to my entire count.

Last edited:
My Top 10 hasn't changed all that much since I last posted (mainly since I've got, what, three new creds since then?), but I'll post it again because it'll soon be time to do a count of everyone's Top 10 again, and I want mine to be in it. So here goes:
  1. Helix, Liseberg. No questions asked, this thing is the best coaster I've ridden. Even though it's been a while since I rode it, but hey, if I were to base my Top 10 only on coasters I've ridden in the past couple of years, this would be an awfully short list.
  2. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. A fantastic launch, followed by a terrific sensation of speed that goes on for a decent length of time.
  3. Expedition Everest, Disney's Animal Kingdom. It gets a ton of points for theming, but it's a fairly thrilling coaster in its own right too. The total package is so good it truly deserves a top three spot.
  4. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland. Down from number three in my last list. While I remember it being good, it has been quite a lot of years since I went to Djurs, while my most recent ride on Everest was in 2018. And thinking it over, I don't see how Piraten could top Everest when everything is said and done.
  5. Balder, Liseberg. A great fun, smooth and airtime-filled woodie. It's a wooden coaster done very right.
  6. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park. Stealth used to have this spot, but when I went to Thorpe last month I realized Stealth is a tad too short to be considered the best ride in its park. Second for second, it's really good, but it gets so few seconds to play with. Nemesis Inferno is just long enough, and smooth and snappy too, to nab my favourite spot of the coasters in that park.
  7. Dragon Challenge (post dueling), Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Counting them together because I rode them back to back and they shared the same footprint and queueline. Two really good and solid Inverts, it's a shame they were torn down. A shame they stopped dueling too, because without it you realize how their layouts made some concessions to get those dueling moments lined up right. So they both meandered a bit. And the area wasn't that well-themed outside of the queue line. Hence why they're below Inferno. Not far below, mind!
  8. Swarm, Thorpe Park. It replaces SpeedMonster in the previous list, because when you think about it, it has the edge over SpeedMonster in all the comparable aspects. Wing riding is fun, it's smooth, the view from the lifthill is great, it has theming, it's not awfully short, and the forces are all right too.
  9. Stealth, Thorpe Park. I said above that Stealth was kicked down a few notches, but it's not outside the Top 10 just yet. It's a very fun ride, but very very short.
  10. Den Aller Minste, TusenFryd. It's the world's tiniest little coaster, what is there not to love? The sheer ridiculousness of its minuscule size gives it just the edge it needs to stand out over other potential top 10 candidates. In a serious list of the best coasters I've ridden, I might have put Lisebergbanan here, but this is about my favourite coasters, so it firmly stays on the list. It gets the number 10 spot, but it stays.