5. Maverick - Cedar Point
6. Diamondback - Kings Island
7. The BEAST- Kings Island
8. Fahrenheit - Hersheypark
9. Storm Runner - Hersheypark
10. Sky Rocket - Kennywood

nadroJ

CF Legend
After just about 2 months in 9th place, Talon has been knocked out by the almighty Oz'Iris. It made me go 'woop', so it had to go in the top ten ;]

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
After Hershey, here it is again. I tried to redo this list based on how I would feel if I rode them now, because , for example, Bizarro and El Toro I rode before I could consider myself an enthusiast.

1.Skyrush (Wow. Front left wing seat=awesomeness)
2.Maverick
3.Magnum XL-200
4.El Toro (Need to ride again to really remember it)
5.Millennium Force
6.Bizarro (Need to ride again)
7.Storm Runner (The launch...)
8.Thunderhead
9.Talon
10.Nitro (Need to ride again)

Notice Volcano is no longer here. I had the epiphany that it seemed so good compared only to the rest of the dull/awfulness at King's Dominion

andrus

Giga Poster
^So you like Storm Runner because of it's launch? But you obviously have been to both Great Adventure and Cedar Point and did not like Ka/TTD?

andrus

Giga Poster
^I totally agree. Storm Runner was just too rough for me to enjoy.

But that's not what I was originally on about. IntaminToWin ranked Storm Runner higher than TTD/Ka with the launch as the reason. No matter what you think of layout/roughness etc you have to agree that TTD/Ka has a better launch? Of course everybody has the right to their own opinions, I just felt the urge to ask since I found it a bit different :)

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
andrus said:

But that's not what I was originally on about. IntaminToWin ranked Storm Runner higher than TTD/Ka with the launch as the reason. No matter what you think of layout/roughness etc you have to agree that TTD/Ka has a better launch? Of course everybody has the right to their own opinions, I just felt the urge to ask since I found it a bit different :)

I think the launch is way more rapid. It's certainly slower, but it gets moving a lot faster. The layout clearly adds to it as well...and besides that one stupid part where it tips on the side after the Flying Snake dive, it's perfectly smooth. That part you just have to be prepared for.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
andrus said:

Another agree here. I didn't like anything about Storm Runner I'm afraid, from the rough launch to the violent sideways whipping that my neck suffered through the rest of the ride.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Sigh...what isn't too rough??
Even the launch of Storm Runner is too much? I don't even know anymore.

Agreed about the launch, it actually feels more intense than Kingda Ka. KK's was surprisingly mild, especially on the get go, difference is that one just keeps going and going until by the end you think, how the hell do we keep accelerating??

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
But I LOVE rough woodies. They're what I live for. I've not found one yet to be too rattley or spine breaking, and I'm known for telling people they're not doing it right if they don't have bruises afterwards.

It's not that I can't cope with Storm Runner, it's just that it's a different, very unpleasant, kind of violence that isn't meant to be there and doesn't enhance the ride experience. It's almost like whiplash for me.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
But I LOVE rough woodies. They're what I live for. I've not found one yet to be too rattley or spine breaking, and I'm known for telling people they're not doing it right if they don't have bruises afterwards.

It's not that I can't cope with Storm Runner, it's just that it's a different, very unpleasant, kind of violence that isn't meant to be there and doesn't enhance the ride experience. It's almost like whiplash for me.

Storm Runner just crushes my ears. Also you might enjoy predator at darien lake sue. It is in no way smooth.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I love it when I'm right!
And yeah, thanks Joey, I'll make a note of that. Too many painful woodies still
to do...too little time

Status
Not open for further replies.