What's new

Top 10: 2010 Edition

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Brad said:
Pieman said:
Anyways, I'm going to Knoebel's today and Dorney on Thursday. I kind of doubt anything I ride there will break into my top 10, except for maybe the Phoenix, but we'll see. I could be wrong.

Ride it in the front row, that is where the best Airtime is

Yeah, I found that out. The airtime was amazing in every seat, but moreso the front, and the back was needlessly rough and shuffle-y.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Having recently been to Florida for the first time ever about a month ago, my Top 10 has changed quite a bit and I'm still not sure if I'm 100% happy with it so yeah :L

1. Dragon Khan
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. The Ultimate
4. Kumba
5. Montu
6. Manta
7. SheiKra
8. Kraken
9. Stealth
10. Space Mountain (WDW)

Jer

Strata Poster
Got a lot more credits this year so i can actually have a good top 10, new rides are in bold.

1. El Toro
2. Phoenix
3. Fahrenheit
4. Storm Runner
5. Talon

6. Nitro
7. Tatsu
8. Twister
9. Lightning Racer
10. Hydra

Scott88

Hyper Poster
1. PMBO
2. Stealth
3. Furius Baco
4. Grand National
5. Nemesis
6. Dragon Khan
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Thirteen
9. Infusion
10. Stampida

Mike

Giga Poster
Here's my brand new top 10 for 2010... Well, until they change again when the Mitch Hawker poll comes up in a couple of months:

10. Xcelerator, Knott's Berry Farm
9. Terminator Salvation, SF Magic Mountain
8. Renegade, Valleyfair!
7. Alpengeist, Busch Gardens Europe
6. Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure
5. Goliath, SF Magic Mountain
4. Powder Keg, Silver Dollar City
3. Apollo’s Chariot, Busch Gardens Europe
2. Phoenix, Knoebels
1. Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce

Although, it really still is Boulder Dash, Phoenix, then everything else, for me. :p

Snoo

The Legend
1. Why would they change when the Bitch Hawker Polls come out?
2. WHY on God's green Earth is Goliath that high?

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Here's my top ten - it was difficult mind you but I think it's about right.

However it'll no doubt change after I've been to Florida next month :D

1. Blue Fire/Superman Escape - couldn't resist having these two in first place.
2. Colossos - Heide Park
3. Dragon Khan - P.A
4. Nemesis
5. Oblivion
6. Euro Mir
7. Silver Star
8. Wild Mouse - PBB
9. Tower of Terror -Dreamworld
10. Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster - WBMW

Mike

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
1. Why would they change when the Bitch Hawker Polls come out?
2. WHY on God's green Earth is Goliath that high?

WHY on God's green Earth would you rate CORNBALL EXPRESS that high?

And you've got three of the most overrated coasters in Toro, Superman and Voyage in your top 5?!?

And you rank Volcano in your top 20???

...Basically, why should I listen to someone who has there top 40 coasters so WRONG?

Snoo

The Legend
LOL! What is up your ass Mike? Must have been that TPR sheep syndrome again. Might want to get that checked hun. ;)

Mike

Giga Poster
Wait, so defending myself now counts against me and gives you the right to attack me for the third time in 2 seperate topics about what I should and shouldn't enjoy?

:fp1

Snoo

The Legend
I was gonna say 'OMG SARCASM!'.. but forgot to edit it as I was in a conversation with the lovely Jerry.

And I wasn't really attacking you.. well I was.. but it was in a fun and playful kinda way. I kinda expected a smartass comment back, but I guess not.

PS: That last attack was because you're a douchebag. This was just asking your opinion about a ride in which I thought was inferior. ;)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I find Mike's Top 10 to be rather "interesting".
Apollo's Chariot at #3, Goliath at #5 & Terminator Salvation at #9 are quite "bold" choices.
The one that I rather like is his placement of Powder Keg at #4. I still have to figure out where the WoF & SDC coasters fit into my rankings.
Mike said:
WHY on God's green Earth would you rate CORNBALL EXPRESS that high?

And you've got three of the most overrated coasters in Toro, Superman and Voyage in your top 5?!?

And you rank Volcano in your top 20???

...Basically, why should I listen to someone who has there top 40 coasters so WRONG?
I don't think SnooSnoo's ranking or any more "wrong" than yours Mike. I actually agree with his placement more than yours, but that doesn't make yours "wrong". We all have our opinions & both you & SnooSnoo have ridden enough coasters to have valid reasons for your choices.
I also have to agree that Cornballer is a really fun coaster, even if I don't rank it as high as Mr. Snoo, but Toro, S:RoS & Voyage are not overrated my friend. I also wouldn't put Volcano in my Top 20, but it's not a bad coaster by any means.

Mike

Giga Poster
^Because I really liked the ride?

What I don't understand is, how comes when I posted my list back in May and had Goliath at number 3, and Steel Force at number 10, nobody complained; Yet when I drop Golath by a couple of places and Steel Force drops off my list completely, people are suddenly apoplectic?

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Jer said:
^I've ridden it too, and I must ask, how is it a top 10 let alone a top 5 ride?

It's just awesome, seriously, it is. It's the same type of ride/feeling as Millennium Force. I love it.

It ranks at 11 for me.

Snoo

The Legend
Mike said:
^Because I really liked the ride?

What I don't understand is, how comes when I posted my list back in May and had Goliath at number 3, and Steel Force at number 10, nobody complained; Yet when I drop Golath by a couple of places and Steel Force drops off my list completely, people are suddenly apoplectic?

Someone noticed this time?

It just personally was a lackluster ride IMO.. and with as many rides as you've been on.. it was quite the choice.

To each his own of course.

nealbie

CF Legend
I now have a Top 10!!! :lol:

1. Tonnerre de Zeus (Asterix)
2. Dragon Khan (PortAventura)
3. Nemesis (Alton Towers)
4. Monster (Walygator Parc)
5. Silver Star (Europa Park)
6. Piraten (Djurs Sommerland)
7. Colossos (Heide Park)
8. Blue Fire (Europa Park)
9. Menhir Express (Parc Asterix)
10. Oblivion (Alton Towers)

Expedition Ge Force was GODAWFUL compared to what I was expecting, a decent enough ride but as Colossus is already at Thorpe it's really not necessary.

Mamba tomorrow then Troy, Goliath and the two Draaks could find themselves knocking things out of my list of only 10 coasters! cool)