What's new

Tivoli Gardens | Fatamorgana | Huss Condor 2G

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Tivoli Gardens Invests DKK 100 Million For 2016

When all that is said, then DKK 100 million is quite a lot in Denmark, for comparison, it's more than Juvelen, or even Piraten cost.

Tivoli do not have a lot of space at their disposal but the new ride is supposed to go where the old "Dragen" ride was, beside Dæmonen.

TilenB

Strata Poster

Hyde said:
Or 1753900252.02 Japanese Yen!

Hope they are indeed building a coaster. Tivoli has always been a gorgeous park, and glad to see new investment.

Or 218327877725 Belorussian Rubles... Which proves the whole discussion we have is rather pointless.
In my opinion it's certainly less misleading compared to when the pricetags are in British Pounds or US Dollars. These 2 are just a little bit off the value of Euro, but are different enough to always leave me confused in terms that 30m$ seem like a greater sum than 20m£, but are essentially the same (20m£ is actually even a bit more than 30m$). I don't have such a problem with currencies that are different by a factor of lets say 5 (or 7 in the case of DKK) from €, since I can instantly tell something smells funny and convert the sum, before I start complaining around how everything can't be in the currency I'm used to the most...

elephant58

Hyper Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
^

No where in all of scandinavia would a theme park announce the cost of their attraction in anything other than their national currency. When that is said, let's move on.

Just pointing out, that is not what I said. I actually said that in Europe, you tend not to see anything other than either Sterling or Euro. I never said anything about a nation not using their national currency.

But, if this does turn out to be a coaster, then it's good news for them. Damonen was their last coaster I believe, which was opened in 2004?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

TheCoasterCruiser said:
When all that is said, then DKK 100 million is quite a lot in Denmark, for comparison, it's more than Juvelen, or even Piraten cost.

Tivoli do not have a lot of space at their disposal but the new ride is supposed to go where the old "Dragen" ride was, beside Dæmonen.

Do you know what kind of height restrictions Tivoli has to play with? Available space? Complaining neighbours?

As you said, DKK100 million is quite a lot, so they've obviously planned to buy something expensive. Unless prices have hiked significantly since Piraten was built, the money should in theory be enough to give them something on a similar scale, or at least something as big as Dæmonen.

Now, there could be factors driving the price up, such as construction costs. If Tivoli is open all year, and the construction would block a major throughfare, they might have to build temporary walkways and whatnot. Likewise, construction sites have to be accessible for emergency vehicles, possibly warranting a temporary service road or something. Erecting a building around the coaster would also drive up costs, as would extensive themeing.

But still, the sum seems to indicate something big will be built. I really hope for a coaster, but still wouldn't totally rule out a tracked simulator ride either.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

What flat would cost anything close to this amount of money? If it's not a coasters it's a dark ride, but I can't see them having the space for a dark ride so I'm pretty sure this will be a coaster.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

So apparently they're actually getting two new rides. One big and one small.
Construction should start when they close down for the summer season in one month.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ I have no idea, but since construction should start soon, I'll start stopping by the park now and then to see if we can get any wiser.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Still no sign of construction, but I have heard that it is supposed to be a tall ride, that's all they say now, nothing about it being two new rides...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Tivoli Gardens To Build Huss Condor 2G For 2016

Okay, so today Tivoli announced their new stuff for 2016.

It's a new ride-complex called "Fatamorgana" and it includes a new version of the classic Huss Condor and some kiddie bumper cars which apparently will be located beneath the tower.
In a cheap move Tivoli's marketing department is calling it 3 rides, because the new Condor 2G offers two different ride experiences. A stretch if you ask me.

A couple of facts:

Engineering & Fabrication: Huss Park Attractions GmbH, Bremen, Germany, http://www.hussrides.com
Type: Condor 2G featuring original Tivoli design/Jonathan Gress Wright and Will Gurley, Tivoli Design Office.
Capacity, total: 900 passengers/hour
Height, total: 45 m
Height, gondolas: 30 m
G-force, thrill-ride: 2.5 G
Investment: DKK 50 million in the entire area

So not quite 100 million as first rumored.

The park hasn't released any concept art yet, but fortunately, Huss has made the drawings of the new Condor available on their website, so here they are:

12096283_617695758333475_5147376406606056637_n.jpg

12038397_617695741666810_208252964627185186_n.jpg

11219126_617695831666801_2659197062749209683_n.jpg

Full press release from today:
Tivoli world-first with new ride

Tivoli is set to present a world-first with a spectacular new ride at the opening of its 2016 summer season. Huss Park Attractions the German amusement ride engineers, created the Fatamorgana ride in association with the Tivoli design department. The 3-in-1 tower caters for kiddies, tweenies and hardcore thrillseekers all in one. Tivoli is investing millions in the ride, a giant towering at 45 metres.

The historic Tivoli amusement park in the heart of Copenhagen may have clocked up 172 years, but it is still evolving. In 2016, the 5,000 m2 amusements area the Orient will gain a new landmark; the 45-metre Fatamorgana tower. Fatamorgana will be joining Vertigo, the Golden Tower, the Demon and the Monsoon to ensure that the Orient maintains its reputation as Tivoli's ultimate-thrill zone.

3-in-1 ride
The new Fatamorgana ride is based on the HUSS® factory's Condor 2G (2nd generation). Tivoli's in-house designers have added on a kiddie ride at the base of Fatamorgana in the shape of mini bumper cars. Older children and adults ascend the tower at two speeds; on the fastest ride, the passengers are seated back-to-back in a circle and slung around at a dizzying pace. On the more moderate ride, seating is in the direction of travel and the ride is at a more sedate pace, allowing the passengers to appreciate the view of Copenhagen's streets from 30 metres up. True to Tivoli tradition, the in-house designers styled Fatamorgana to match the Gardens' distinctive visual features. The final drawings will be unveiled at a later date.

Lars Liebst, Tivoli’s CEO, says:
“Some of Denmark's busiest streets pass Tivoli; space is limited, so we have to think out of the box. With Fatamorgana, the HUSS® factory and our in-house designers have created a ride that gives us three new attractions in one, allowing us to achieve the vital development we need as an amusement park if we are to continue to attract Danish and international visitors.”

CEO Mirko J. Schulze of HUSS® in Bremen, Germany, recounts his version: “Tivoli set us the challenge of combining our popular Condor 2G with a more moderate ride and a kiddie ride. At Huss Park Attractions we are aware of Tivoli’s space issues and our engineers have found it an intriguing assignment. We feel honoured to become part of the famous Tivoli Gardens and are looking forward to seeing Fatamorgana in operation from April 2016.”

News rouses enthusiasm abroad Justin Garvanovic, President of the European Coaster Club, commented:
”Tivoli Gardens is famous the world over for being more than just a park, it is a destination. It is somewhere that families can visit together, as they have been doing for many generations. As someone from the UK, I am extremely jealous of Denmark for Tivoli Gardens, but it is also why Tivoli Gardens is my favourite park in the world. The new attraction carries on this tradition, appealing to all ages, and is sure to be another success for a park that thrives on tradition.”

Facts
The Fatamorgana ride will form part of the oriental area covering just under 5,000 m2, which also features Vertigo, the Golden Tower, the Demon and the Monsoon.

Engineering & Fabrication: Huss Park Attractions GmbH, Bremen, Germany, http://www.hussrides.com
Type: Condor 2G featuring original Tivoli design/Jonathan Gress Wright and Will Gurley, Tivoli Design Office.
Capacity, total: 900 passengers/hour
Height, total: 45 m
Height, gondolas: 30 m
G-force, thrill-ride: 2.5 G
Investment: DKK 50 million in the entire area

peep

CF Legend

Hmm, that's an interesting design. Announcement isn't as exciting as I hoped it would be though.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster

1. What a massive disappointment! I have also ridden the Intamin version in Malaysia and it wasn't all that exciting.

2. I love that Huss is building a big new ride in Europe again!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

They should just make the whole tower outer facing seats. You can't see crap in the birds.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

I'm terrible at judging height and distance. Is this going to be pretty much the same as the thing at Gardaland/Ocean Park or is it on a bigger scale?

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm truly struggling to to understand why there's two types of experience on offer - surely the one that's outward facing (like the one in Kuala Lumpur) is such a boring experience?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Ben

CF Legend
^They're both going to be boring, not just the outward facing one!

Oh Huss, you were so good so long ago.