What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Especially when you consider the Great British weather <//3 It could have been cool if it were enclosed, maybe have some lights hanging, maybe some holes in the roof, but the whole thing gone? It does look cool I suppose but on a rainy day (ie, most days) that is not going to be fun =[.

So excited for this *squeee*.

davidm

Strata Poster
I'm off to play on this in the morning... (</gloat>) will not be back 'till Sunday sometime so hopefully some pix then! :)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
I agree, it would be great if it was an enclosed station with perhaps strobe lighing and smoke (*cough* Vampire *cough*), but there we have it. Although, I don't think it would look too bad on a rainy day - a church with it's roof ripped of with rain gushing into it... onto the heads of riders. :| Okay, maybe not...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
1331375863.jpg

http://live.thorpenerd.com/ for a live report of the preview.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS THOUGH

also http://rideguidegroup.com/site/viewtopi ... 5001#p5001 there's a review of the VIP night here, again there's spoilers there. It looks like they REALLY went to town with it though, making all the guests beleive they're in a warzone with casualties army men everywhere etc.

Also another detail I'm liking, they'll play the swarm's "scream" whenever the vehicle passes certain points.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Looking at the pictures, it seems they have actually built every single feature included in the plans! Incredible effort from the construction and theming workers here - this looks to be as it could be the best themed ride in England!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ok, I don't want to be mean, but I take it that woman in the wheelchair is not an actress?

Nice touch, though :)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
^ By some of the other photographs on Thorpe Nerd, I believe the woman in the wheelchair is an actress.

Does anybody know if this 'Food and Beverage unit' in the top right hand corner of the below picture has actually been built, or if Thorpe have kept to their old tradition and missed something out of the plans?

2012retailunits.jpg

kimahri

CF Legend
TP Rich said:
Looking at the pictures, it seems they have actually built every single feature included in the plans!

That's generally what they're for...

Lol at the black guy in the wheelchair lady picture.

Ethan

Strata Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJnsqVxRC0&feature=autoplay&list=UUnn52q5cdfRRU18PGIsDvxA&lf=plcp&playnext=1[/youtube]

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
kimahri said:
That's generally what they're for...

Not usually when it's THORPE PARK we're talking about! ;)

I suppose the new 'Roast and Relish' food outlet next to Flying Fish makes up for the food unit on the island, then.

Nerd have been posting their videos on their YouTube channel (ThemeParkNerdLive). There's some brilliant ones of the ride area on there. Extremely impressed with the level of theming this ride has. Can't wait until opening day now! :D

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Just got back from Thorpe.

The Swarm was OK. That's about as far as I'm willing to go, although I only sat towards the front and the back is supposedly substantially better. The whole thing feels slow motion and rather dull, I wasn't aware of any near misses and even the gap underneath the plane wing seems massive when you're on ride. The area seems quite nicely done but doesn't really feel too apocalyptic. The water effect was on both corners but was out of time with the train (happened just before the train reached it instead of during/after).

It was still quite enjoyable, I guess I'd put it on par with Air.

dominoes

Mega Poster
My god! It looks amazing! There is a lovely photo on TPR that shows that the control area of the station has been themed to look like a smashed lorry that has been crashed through the roof of the church. And there appear to be water effects on the turn over the water! Shame there are no fire effects... Oh well, well done Thorpe!

Status
Not open for further replies.