What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Looking over the interior picture of the church, I think merlin did a great job in making the church, but I think they chose to decorate the interior walls abit to modern. The floor is great, as are the pillars and the gates but it's just the walls I find abit to modern, since the church I go to has the exact same walls and is relatively modern. Anyway, other than that, great job merlin.

Mark

Strata Poster
As always with Merlin though, over time it will begin to look more 'aged' so it will look even more the part... A bit of rain and some muddy shoes will soon sort that floor too :p

Jools

Giga Poster
See this is why I get really confused why people start judging a coaster midway through construction, most people think it looks good now, only the other week everyone was complaining how generic and what a crap job merlin had done with this.

Anyway! Will see in March what it's really like... exciting!

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Love how all our theories from August have gradually fallen apart. :p

We've now established that the ride is not based on Gears of War or The Swarm! XD

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Looking good!

I don't think there's anything wrong with the station (how can you really make something that's brand new look old without looking tacky?), and if some of the GP came into the station to ride, they could think "Is this really safe?" or "that was a cheap budget"... Perhaps not that much but you never know what the GP comes up with these days!

I'd love to see the arrow's during the ride. Probably went "whee" and put on a fake smile. I'm sure this was nothing compared to what they do...

And with the floor tiles...looking at Alton's publicity stunt, couldn't they just do that with some aspects of the station, like the floor tiles?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I like it inside the station. I also think it'll look better when it dirties up a bit, that'll happen pretty quickly.

The one thing that does bug me is having "THORPE PARK" spray-painted on the first car. If it is an alien/mutant being that is destroying the world, would it have that?

(having said that, if something stays still long enough in Staines it's bound to get tagged!)

peep

CF Legend
I'm glad the barriers in the station are pews but I'm concerned the metal gates will just turn to that generic scratched metal look in no time, would have been cool with a fake wood panel over it. I know it's a silly little detail but ya know, I love the little details and the rest of the station looks superb. :p

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
Looking good!

I don't think there's anything wrong with the station (how can you really make something that's brand new look old without looking tacky?)
Two words; expedition everest.

Yes I know they do have a budget like Disney, but they used mud and a sledge hammer to make their theming look old. So I don't see why Merlin can't do the same.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The Tibetan village in Expedition Everest is mean to look aged and worn, The Swarm is themed on destruction. Two completely different things. Unless these aliens at Thorpe crap everywhere I don't think they would use the method you suggested.

Mark

Strata Poster
Jools said:
See this is why I get really confused why people start judging a coaster midway through construction, most people think it looks good now, only the other week everyone was complaining how generic and what a crap job merlin had done with this.

Everyone? I am pretty sure I, and many others, have not complained about it at all. From what I've been reading the majority have actually have been praising it. Of course SOME aren't that impressed, but that doesn't make it everyone and they are also entitled to their opinion.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yay! Trés excite for my three day visit - no Thorpe Breaks I will not be staying in a **** hotel in Staines because that's a stupid idea! Plus you don't consider annual pass holders. Stupid Merlin.

Now all I have to do it sit back and watch pretty much everyone nitpick because the ride's not perfect. ^_^

Twn114

Roller Poster
After seeing that video im really looking forward to riding! I also love the way the station looks, i prefer it not so ruined inside the station, might give the feeling of "calm before the storm"?

If that was footage from the onboard camera's, it almost looks like you wont be able to see yourself or just your head throughout most of the ride!

Kebab

Giga Poster
No-ones ever pleased, you have to take into context that this is Thorpe Park we're talking about, and The Swarm is looking more world-class than ever! They've done a brilliant job on both the station and the trains, and I think it's the best looking coaster we've had since Nemesis, but does it ride better than Nemesis? We'll just have to find out, but I'm sure the majority here will be going 'oh, the church looks spotless and beautiful, guess the theming sucks then!' :roll:

peep

CF Legend
^I don't think this is the sort of coaster that will compete with the likes of Nemesis. Raptor was just a 'fun' coaster you could go on again and again and I think it'll be a similar story with The Swarm. This is not a bad thing, I'd prefer a fun coaster I can ride all day and enjoy rather than something that is insanely intense and can be a bit too much after a mass of re-rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.