What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
The thing I always notice is that if there's a back-row queue, people will queue up for it, but, if there's not, no-one gives it a crap. It sort of, sums it up for me. If parks draw attention to the fact there's a difference, people will go "OH LETS QUEUE IT'S BETTER", but, they won't for this... so no-one will care.

And yeah, I'm thinking it'll be like Air's, where there's a split and you just go down one of them near the end. And like X2's queue.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster
It was taken last week, hence the helicopter isnt there:
Beautiful picture though <3

402582_294757103912929_163052343750073_768139_483942141_n.jpg

http://www.ukrides.info/

Ben

CF Legend
I really wish there wasn't a brake run RIGHT after the Inline Twist.

They could have easily had it do a little dip/hill, and then curve back in for the station, that'd have been LOADS better.

It seems... weird, the last thing being an inversion. There's not THOUSANDS of rides that do it. Obviously there'll be some before some smart ass comes on bragging about how they found one that does, that's not strictly the point...

nealbie

CF Legend
Hehe, I love how now everyone's realised it's far from perfect we've gone back to nitpicking <3

You paying attention B&M? Nothing short of a 20 minute long, 5000 foot tall coaster with 40 inversions, themed with an actual plane that has actually crashed and the path is made of a combo of bricks and tarmac will do! ;)

I cannae wait! *camps in car park*

Mark

Strata Poster
I do think it rather odd to have an inline twist into a brake but I will live. I can deal.

I think the overall experience is going to be the real focus and I am still very excited to ride this. Not sure I wanna camp out in the car park though, not until it warms up a bit outside.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Short and Sweet!
However, I do think they it could do a little bit more, since the in-line is taken at quite a speed.

No point complaining now! We'll find out in March...

Brett7710

Mega Poster
It is a short layout but it looks good, especially the flatspin through the inclined loop which has never been done before. I'm impressed at how picturesque it all looks in the full layout shots. I reckon there will be enough packed into the ride to keep people happy, the near miss points and effects will provide other focal points to draw your attention so the ride doesn't have to have an abundance of elements.

Personally i'd rather not be on a multi looping coaster for ages, i'd get kinda bored, i've realised this after riding colossus a few times (although that doesn't help itself by repeating the same inversion 5 times) On the Contrary I think the fact that the Voyage's layout is so long is one of it's best features, I guess thats just down to me preferring airtime to inversions in general.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Ben said:
I really wish there wasn't a brake run RIGHT after the Inline Twist.

They could have easily had it do a little dip/hill, and then curve back in for the station, that'd have been LOADS better..

I agree. I guess they don't want to go into that last turn at any speed and they might have felt they didn't have the space to put something in that could be taken straight after the inline? Still, I think I would have preferred it to turn first and brake nearer the station.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
THE SWARM has just been on, The Jonathen Ross show.
As you can guess he was blabbing on about how the test dumdies lost their legs so on.
But the thing that pissed me off the most was that he was giving false information about it,
such as:
He said it goes 100mph, were the hell did he get that from.
You would think that they would do a bit of research on it before they tell the public about it. :redhotevil: :redhotevil: :redhotevil: :redhotevil:

Mark

Strata Poster
Lol. Well of course he would. Don't forget he was one of the celebs present when Saw had its breakdown during the media event. He probably has some kind of relationship with the park/company etc. Pardon me if Im a little cynical, but im wondering if those well publicised techincal issues they had during that night are all that real anymore. (Granted, the evidence that the ride failed the following morning for the enthusiasts day suggests it was true, you cant blame me for being at least a little cynical :p)

Either way, it just announced The Swarm to massive audience who would, so far, be totally unaware...

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Developers diary have just posted, that they got mentioned on the show.
It was bad press so I don't get why they would won't to tell the public that.

Mark

Strata Poster

No such thing as bad press.

Like I said, Johnathon Ross was there with his kids the night of the Saw opening that went horribly wrong. Didn't his daughter get stuck on it or something? Anyways, it was all over the press the next day and at the time I thought uh oh, not good. Did it make the blindest bit of difference? Did it heck!

The fact I can't remember the exact story kinda says it all...

This will not hamper the attraction and is all just an extension of the original publicity stunt. Why else would he even mention it? I'd even go so far as to say that the fact he did was engineered by the Thorpe marketing team getting in touch with Ross' people, especially since they have the contact etc

Don't forget Ross was also present at the opening of Th13teen (he even got booed for jumping the queue) so Merlin clearly have strong contact with him.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I know it's partly down to the grass having not grown in yet and stuff, bit I think the ground surrounding the ride looks gross as it is. Just like, really half finished and naff, like the marsh/grass areas surrounding Saw's queue.

Hope they do something about it.

spicy

Giga Poster

But it fits the apocalyptic theme, they can get away with it looking gross.

I guess grass will grow naturally in time anyway.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Thorpe Park |

spicy said:
But it fits the apocalyptic theme, they can get away with it looking gross.

I would agree with that if it looked purpose built, but it doesn't, just looks gross and unfinished.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Is it just me, or has the wing been lifted up higher? Could have sworn that used to be lower...

Edit: The engine is upright in this picture:

388512_145050248931718_115673268536083_124583_272136600_n.jpg

But you can see its at an angle in that new image, and it looks like there's a crease in the wing where they have 'bent' it. Either that or I'm going completely mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.