What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealbie

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Joey said:
For God sake will you all SHUT UP. This is seriously the final warning.

SEVERAL PEOPLE DO NOT NEED TO TELL 1 PERSON OFF. YOU CAUSE THE TOPIC TO DECEND INTO SPAM. IT LOOKS DISGUSTING.

THINK before you post, all of you. It's unnecessary spam.

I come in this topic and I see someone makes a dumb comment which is frankly not a real issue, someone elses posts and I'm like groan, then someone else posts, then someone else posts, then someone else posts... and then it rolls out of control, because everyone has to pipe in for the sake of it.

It is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Just look at yourselves. Look at how this topic comes across.

[/RAGE]

Yes, mother. :roll:

ZOMG ITZ DA PLANE SECSHUN DAT WAZ IN DA PLANZ INIT - HIGHPURR GOONY JOYGASM BRUV!!!11!!

In sensible news, I await Raybould to tell us the model, carrier and serial number. :p

Drawin

Roller Poster

388512_145050248931718_115673268536083_124583_272136600_n.jpg

When they said it was a tight near miss, I didn't expect them to be telling the truth! ;O

EDIT: I spy with my little eye, something beginning with F...

390082_145050928931650_115673268536083_124584_1333192965_n.jpg

nealbie

CF Legend

*gets popcorn ready for everyone to lose their wads over something that was in the plans being built, as planned*

Pfft, enthusiasts :p .

Ethan

Strata Poster

Drawin said:
Yeah I saw that it looks kinda funkkyy... but seriously that near miss :O Will there be theming around the plane?

nealbie

CF Legend

Ethan said:
Drawin said:
Yeah I saw that it looks kinda funkkyy... but seriously that near miss :O Will there be theming around the plane?
Theming around the theming? At a Merlin attraction? Heaven forbid! :p

Leighton

Mega Poster

I almost came until I noticed that the wing is just a clever way to hide a trim!

(someone had to say it lol)

Drawin

Roller Poster

I just hope they don't mess up this beautiful piece of theming by splashing red paint all over it!

Mark

Strata Poster

I'm not sure what to say. I am actually surprised how good it is looking already and they have barely even started. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw just how big that wing was. It is imposing and provides a great interaction. YAY!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

I have been very geeky and found out the logo on the side of the plane engine is from General Electric. And by the looks of it, it could be a old Airbus A340 fuselage. Been trying to find out what it is, but the wing is EXTREMELY similar to that of a A340

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

OK, that's looking surprisingly good. This really is shaping up to be one of the best attractions to be built in the UK in years.

Some of the earlier "under construction" photos had me worried, as it all looked a bit underwhelming. Now that the wing is in place, any concerns I had about this ride have been well and truly put to rest.

rich210uk

Mega Poster

Wow that looks great! By the time you turned upside down and realised where you are your going to be having that wing directly in front of your face! Thats going to feel really tight going through that gap, cant wait.

Smithy

Strata Poster

That looks stunning. Give it a few weeks and the Daily Mail will be outraged again mind.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I don't think so. Like has been said before, it will probably be a brake that will engage if the train valleys to bring it to a stop more quickly. A trim would probably be closer towards the top of the element as they are designed to make sure the train goes through the top of the element at the right speed. For obvious reasons, you wouldn't want a trim right at the bottom of the drop as it might trim the speed too much.

For that reason I suspect this might just be a brake that might engage if the train valleys to make it quicker to evacuate and reset the ride.

Josh73

Giga Poster

Wow! I wasn't expecting that near of a miss!

^^ Your completly right. It will be completly desorienting!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Looks amazing...certainly the best piece of theming in the UK for years!

q3drd.jpg

Does it really need this much detail? Are we going to be able to walk into the plane or something? (I hope so! :--D )

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

^ I really can't tell what that is, but could it possibly have anything to do with ride effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.