What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

ry1996 said:
When i did some picture research yesterday, i realized that the start of supports going up was dated September 19th, Stealth was topped off in September meaning clearly, they are behind schedule.
Well yeah i do believe they have started to go backwards 1st.

It doesn't mean they are behind schedule though... Stealth had far less track to go up for starters. Besides, who said anything about them having exactly the same timeframes for construction?

gavin said:
They don't have to start building it from the station at all though; it's not Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Brilliant.
it is true though, most rollercoaster are NOT built from the station onwards

^ Maybe, but they always start with that section of the ride first, think about it, the brakes/lift/station are the parts of the track that'll need all the electronics and moving parts fitted and sorted, if they put those pieces of track up first then they'll have the longest possible time to sort out all the complex parts.

The rest of the track is just a lump of motionless steel really.

Anyway although it's interesting it's a little off topic (sorry mods for continuing the discussion)

Some theming parts have said to have arrived. The 2 engines of the plane and the fire engine. If anybody is going to thorpe in the later days, could you check this out please.

I wouldn't have thought it's likely they'll be kept anywhere visible?

the king said:
Some theming parts have said to have arrived. The 2 engines of the plane and the fire engine. If anybody is going to thorpe in the later days, could you check this out please.

I'll be there this weekend - will take pics and post them here :)

This topic hurts my head.

Right, so they have or they're just about to start putting track up?

I doubt theming has arrived. Everything posted so far claiming that something has arrived isn't true. And Tom is right, they would hide the theming.

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

It's a government conspiracy... Those track pieces are inflatables, my 'inside inside uber secret apple sauce' told me in the pub.

But jokes aside, the track is on site, footers being poured, with the weather being good this week it would be the best week to finish the concrete pouring.

If Ian is still going to thorpe tomoz, he could be able to see the theming, if there is any and hopefully pictures of supports up with track. 8-[

yeah, but you know what workers and builders are like, complaining its to hot to work ! ;)

nah, i joke ;D hopefully some decent progress has been made by the end of tomorrow... thorpe owe us it! ;)

The Grape Wizard said:
^Thorpe don't owe you anything, you just have no patience.
Erm... I think he was joking. Of course he knows that.

So has any track been put up yet? I don't mean the station, I mean properly UP!

^Wait after 5 today. If anybody did go, then pics should be up. If i'm correct Ian said he was going today, so there should be some pics today then. Hopefully they will show track put up.

The station structure was put up today. I have a photo ill try to get it up somewhere.

the king said:
If Ian is still going to thorpe tomoz, he could be able to see the theming, if there is any and hopefully pictures of supports up with track. 8-[
Ian didn't go to Thorpe today, but he is going either tomorrow or Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.