What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Will the 'Thorpe park inversion' have any supports at all? Doesn't look like it.....

CoasterCrazy said:
Will the 'Thorpe park inversion' have any supports at all? Doesn't look like it.....

One at the top, which is already up, and the one holding it half way down. That'll be the one with the footer pretty much under Flying Fish.

yeah, you can see here:

2012northeastview.jpg

and another sunset image :) Tomorrow they'll finish of the catwalks on the right-side of the track im guessing, then hopefully work on the drop :)

1110141900000531.jpg

^^ haha, its pretty attractive ;)

Just to say, look how tall this stands out from the enterance!

8.JPG

And just to say, they've updated the website again, even better now!

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Have to say your cameraphone takes 10x better pics than mine.

Rides looking good. The zero g roll looks like it will be massive, I believe the support connects only 2/3rds of the way up.

This coaster has made some great progress since last I checked the thread. Im much more excited about it now that Ive actually seen track going up, and Im really looking forward to how the theming is going to effect the ride. As a layout itself, its rather short and not that much to it. While its still great in itself, Im hoping the theming will really enhance the experience of the ride!
All in all, looking fantastic!

It's definatly going up quick now! It's definatly looking good and I can hardly wait to ride.

By looks of it, the whole parks going to have a great view of the "Thorpe Park Inversion".

(P.S JordyPordy, Loving the Photos.They're Making it look better than it already is. :) )

So are we going to accept Thorpe's PR and call the first element the Thorpe Park Inversion? If so we can drop the quote marks everyone is employing when typing it. If not; what is it likely to be called? It's similar to the half twist and drop on Mumbo Jumbo, but with less hang time. I like the idea of calling it a standing dive loop. Any better ideas?

Inverse said:
So are we going to accept Thorpe's PR and call the first element the Thorpe Park Inversion? If so we can drop the quote marks everyone is employing when typing it. If not; what is it likely to be called? It's similar to the half twist and drop on Mumbo Jumbo, but with less hang time. I like the idea of calling it a standing dive loop. Any better ideas?

I'm not using it at all. Hate that term. For me it's just an inline into a dive loop. Or a 'Twisting Dive' like it is here... http://pages.citebite.com/c1y1y4k1h7ebb

^Standing Dive Loop or Twisting Dive both seem to work quite well in my opinion. Thorpe Park Inversion can **** off.

It's a twisting dive. It's exactly the same as the thing on Manhattan Express.

Thorpe Park are **** stupid to think they can claim it as their own!

I went yesterday, and I have to say it really is huge. I could see it from the car park entrance and all around the park. Nothing obvious happened that day (apart from more low-lying track work), apart from two men went up on a crane thing once or twice that day and were hammering something at the top. I'm guessing it was catwalks. It was nice to see all the posters around the park too, there were more than I thought there was going to be. You really don't realise how tall it is until you're there. I know it sounds stupid because it looks big enough in photos, but it's an impressive sight when at the park.

^^ Here's what you where saying.. (from the enterance)

It Looks so dominant!

Just to say, its been 2 days since the last update, so hopefully the developers dairy will be updated soon cool) :mrgreen:
311909_2027915381482_1351984640_31663590_475962490_n.jpg

294595_2027917821543_1351984640_31663611_403111367_n.jpg

Source: Merlin Mania Forums

It looks a LOT bigger the I expected it to to be honest. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the images.

Small update, looks like they have made a mistake and dropped or placed track in the pond ?
http://coastercommunity.altervista.org/ ... 498#p32498

Drop supports are now in and as you can see they are lifting a piece in there,something's gone wrong though with track pieces in the pond ?

EDIT: it looks like they did it on purpose, imo it looks as if its in there as a weight for that rope to be ties around to hold the support stable, there is a large rope coming from the support which then hooks on to that track piece on that red part that can be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.