What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martyn B said:
Wasn't it said that when the Millennium bug was to hit, all aeroplanes were to fall out of the sky? Nonsense, obviously, but its something to plan on?

Don't get me started!!! ;)

Nemesis Inferno said:
Mark said:
Its a damn shame that Leigh can't really work on a NoLimits project for this, given he is now working for Merlin and its in the contract etc. Perhaps it's time I start learning how to use the blooming thing...

That sounds a bit... random tbh... Since it's in the public view-point I'm sure he could create one...

Only things Merlin really frown upon are staff moaning about specific parts of work online... I think a NL recreation based on pubically viewable plans won't affect Leigh's standing too much...

Perhaps... I'm not 100% sure of the specifics tbh. I know that when I was working with Merlin (or Tussauds as it was when I started) I had to sign various disclaimers and contracts etc that meant any material I created etc relating to the company would belong to company etc. I can't remember the full details now but it was 4 years ago...

I'm sure if Leigh could do one, he would...

Mark said:
Perhaps... I'm not 100% sure of the specifics tbh. I know that when I was working with Merlin (or Tussauds as it was when I started) I had to sign various disclaimers and contracts etc that meant any material I created etc relating to the company would belong to company etc. I can't remember the full details now but it was 4 years ago...

Tbh I don't remember either, mainly though because I just signed that disclaimer without reading it :lol:

Nemesis Inferno said:
Mark said:

Tbh I don't remember either, mainly though because I just signed that disclaimer without reading it :lol:
I was never told anything like this. I wasn't even told all the "don't tell guests blah blah" everyone comments on.

By law, if he did make a no limits layout, it would belong to Merlin if they could be bothered to chase it up. But, I'm pretty sure it would be against copyright for ANY of us to do it - within the company or not. The point is, would they care? If they wanted to use it they would have legal rights to it though, and tbh I'm not sure Leigh would mind.

So, yeah, son't really see the issue here either.

Joey said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
Mark said:

I was never told anything like this. I wasn't even told all the "don't tell guests blah blah" everyone comments on.

By law, if he did make a no limits layout, it would belong to Merlin if they could be bothered to chase it up. But, I'm pretty sure it would be against copyright for ANY of us to do it - within the company or not. The point is, would they care? If they wanted to use it they would have legal rights to it though, and tbh I'm not sure Leigh would mind.

Sorry, I didn't realise you now worked for Merlin... Have I missed something...

If I could be bothered to look I could find the paperwork about it. But I distinctly remember signing the paperwork because I remember finding it very very odd. Of course, this was only applicable whilst I worked with them...

Mark said:
Joey said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
Mark said:

Sorry, I didn't realise you now worked for Merlin... Have I missed something...

If I could be bothered to look I could find the paperwork about it. But I distinctly remember signing the paperwork because I remember finding it very very odd. Of course, this was only applicable whilst I worked with them...
I worked at Chessie between August and end of October? Lol.

I don't think you're lying, just pointing out that I never had to sign anything of the sort. What was your position, was it higher than mine and Benin's? That might explain it. Or possibly they've just changed their policy since then.

^ I'm trying, being a perfectionist and this have such weird shaping, might take a while. The Heartline is abit bizzare on it.

tks said:
So is Leigh the only person allowed to make a no limits recreation of this or something?

No of course not Ed... He was just the first person that sprung to mind, plus I know he is VERY good at recreations and the conversation has gone from there.

Joey, I don't think I was any higher postition than you guys but I was at MT which could explain the variances. It could also be a difference between seasonal and permanent staff contracts too. To be fair the number of 'disclaimers' and so I had to sign was amusing. Especially when an amusing but indicative picture of a colleague and Kylie minogue got leaked to the Sun by a bitter ex.

Anyways, back to LC12... I wonder when vertical construction is to begin, considering the amount of work and it is planned to be finished in little over a year. I don't visit Thorpe as often as I used to, is the island pretty much in place for this already?

If you take a look at google earth the two islands were well under way (For LC12 and the 2015 coaster) when Saw was in construction. Thats if the image was taken all at the same time.

The island's been ready for a while now, i'm sure construction will start around April time, sounds about right.

Picture+40.png

Found this picture here... http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -park.html which is a really good blog actually, worth checking it every so often.

So is that island part of the £18 mill cost? It must be... How much does land construction like that cost? Maybe we can work out how much they are actually spending on the ride itself. Anyone know the cost for X-Raptor? ...Sorry, Raptor.

Looks like we have a pre-creation already! 2 days must surely be a record! :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIwvuRvqIQ[/youtube]

:)
Awesome. Its looking very cool so far. Chuck in all the other theming and this should be pretty damn cool.

I wonder if that twist into the first drop is going to be overly full of hang time though :/

Wow, that... really is impressive considering it's only been a couple of days.

The inversions look so ODD from that angle.

So excited.

Doesn't actually look THAT short anymore, either.

I wonder if it will have fake-watersplash bit like Manta... Does anything on the plans suggest so?

I'm really looking forward to this now after watching that cool recreation. Also the great part is that there will be two ride experience's in one awesome looking coaster.

Would be nice for them to bring back some fire effects as well. Or would these be on the plans?

I mean, to drop under the wing of the plane and fire explode from the plane or something would be pretty epic.

I can't help but think it's a World War theme (only saying based on the whole church thing? Maybe it won't be a new plane that's crashed, but an old one?)

Wow it looks amazing, maybe a bit short, but I think similarly to Oblivion and PMBO, this ride is going to be focused around it's drop, and similarly to Nemesis, the theme, I think it's amazing, I'm hoping it's going to be as good as it looks, love the idea of the lorry shop, easy way to use another container for a shop... go Thorpe :wink:, can't wait to see the plane and Helicopter as well as the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.