What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^^

basically, from where that picture has been taken, the lift hill would be nearest towards.

so it probs is the start of the lift hill :)

Yeah whoever it was saying "Oooh no, it's the teeth not the lift hill", who cares. It's the lift hill.

I didn't visit Thorpe this weekend due to a self-inflicted silliness undertaking a 27mile bike ride. Being a fatty, it meant I spent most if Sunday feeling sorry for myself in bed.

However, there are plenty of brilliant photos coming in so thanks to everybody for the updates. Although I have one request - if you post photos from other sites, please copy and paste the link beneath them. I would want CF to be credited on other sites if they used our images, so please do the same.

That section you've highlighted is the anti-roll back, but it's at a funny angle.

I found a vid update, but one picture interested me. It appears they are making a kind of barrier thing, possibly ready for the planes body to go into, as soon as the track has been put in. Also, one other thing I realised, is that they are beginning to clear the areas beside the footers. Possible signs track, other than the station, might be put up this week. I didn't make the vid, or take the pics by the way. My youtube channel is in the signature if your interested.
Untitle.png

Screenshot taken from this vid, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjPIzD9WeqQ

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Track going up this week?! Omg no way!

Please note the rules -
Before you post, have you:
- Added anything to the discussion, or are you just nodding in agreement or posting for the sake of it?

Nic

nice spot, it looks arounnd the right place for the plane!

im going sunday, probs be pictures up anyway at the weekend from another source..

but im hopeing for track, :)

Edit: User warned about poor use of English

The guy who saw the station track being installed, has said that he has now seen supports and other pieces of track, begin to be erected. No pics yet.

^ Well since he said that the Station was in place, and he was correct, we all have the rights to believe him on this one as i do.

Um, I can't see the track in the pic... Where abouts is is?

I popped in today after picking up my season pass (seemed rude not to). There are a few pieces already up in the station by the look of it and only another one or two lying inside the building. They seemed to be focusing on the areas to the far right and far left of there area.. Although to be honest didn't spent too much time observing them. Just while on Stealth a few times.

Don't know if the rumours are true or not, but on Facebook, and on another forum apparently the lift hill was in construction today. Obviously I know it may not be correct, so don't have that argument.
Just to say, there will be updates tomorrow, theme park guide is going.
- Just a quick question, does anyone know if they will work during fright nights? I'm guessing not? (like at night)

No, I don't think they will work in the night, since they need daylight to see clearly with the track movement, the angle and other types of those things, when putting it together.

the king said:
No, I don't think they will work in the night, since they need daylight to see clearly with the track movement, the angle and other types of those things, when putting it together.

Because artificial lighting and flood lights don't give enough light off to do this? Bit of a silly statement. That's why a lot of road workers and road side plumbers do work on the motorways late on at night then is it?

Excellent! Tina has said that these photos are for CF use only, so if you do post them elsewhere, please make sure that you LINK and CREDIT CoasterForce. Thank you.

Excellent news, some substantial track work has started <3. Whereabouts is this on the layout?

(Also, please do not post just "Oh, yay! Track!!!1" as that will result in a warning for spam.)

First worthwhile pic we've seen! :lol:

Looks like a tasty little curve. No problem with that!

^^ Seems to be the turn between the final brake-run and the block/transfer-track outside the station to me.

Looks great, nice to see some other pieces being put into place. Can't wait for it to grow tall!!

Nice, looks like the break run area to me and yeah, theme park guide are on park today and should have some pics for tommorow.
PS: sorry for my previous post, didn't read your post Ian sorry.

That turn always intrigued me in the plans, it may be taken at some speed considering the level of banking. The brakes straight after the in-line (that is assuming the flat part after the inversion IS brakes) may just be to trim a little for this corner and might not actually be a block or it may not even be brakes at all. If you look at the plans there's plenty of room to put the final breaks after this turn and there's even the holding/transfer track after that. Which is enough for 2 train operation.

Look, for example at Raptors turn between the brakes and the transfer/holding brake, it's berly banked at all! So, yeah, this level of banking suggests more speed in that corner than we first expected, as most recreations made have put the brakes before it, but now I think they'll be after.

Status
Not open for further replies.