What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^ Yes, I'm prepared to queue for a several hours on opening day.

Opening days are awesome. It's full of fellow enthusiasts and first time reactions are the best.

I'm not really sure if I really like the name because it is an apocolypse theme. Not some wierd bug type deal.
I am really exited to see this theming even though I live in Canada. I should be pretty cool.

^ Please note it is apocalyptic themed due to the back story. The story is we are at WAR with an alien race dubbed The Swarm. The ride experience itself is to the story of you have been abducted by an alien and the layout is you being flown around and viewing the carnege being wrought from fighting them, and even going by some wreckage for more excitement.

Switching between the hideouts'...

^ Um. Not being ignorant, but where have you found that info out?

That sounds slightly Cowboys and Aliens to me...

^ Ummm...I thought everyone knew that after watching the release video/s and reading the back story to the ride as well on The Swarms website.

Yeah Lofty everyone knew that a long time ago. I'm not gonna repeat everything Intricks said but Intricks is right :) (Not trying to be rude either)

What day will it open, I want to be there!
I was just on Wikipedia, and it says Tidal Wave is set in New England, Storm Surge in Viginia, and the Swarm will be set in Florida! Interesting...

My understanding was that the monster/monsters are of unknown origin. Part machine, part creature, perhaps a goverment conspiracy. The Swarm site is set only seconds after destruction, when emergency crews were sent to the scene to see wth was going on, failed miserably as the monsters swoop over and took them out.

I assume that backstory is that the creatures were designed by the goverment (or an alien race) as weapons. I learn towards goverment more, because the setting is not an urban city but a countryside... It's more like it was an accident, that these things escaped nearby. It makes sense that if they are to do with the goverment they'd keep them out in the middle of nowhere at some weird facility. Ya know?

Lee whateverhisnamewas somehow suspected the goverment were tampering in things they shouldn't be, he knew it was all coming, he knew something was going to go wrong and the things would escape.

EDIT: Les. Les Coogan or whatever. That guy, not Lee. Lol.

^Ha that plot sounds awfully similar to a recent film which I'm not going to name in case it spoilts it for peeps that haven't seen it.

Super 8

Anyway, look forward to hopefully some vertical construction starting fairly soon.

Joey said:
My understanding was that the monster/monsters are of unknown origin. Part machine, part creature, perhaps a goverment conspiracy. The Swarm site is set only seconds after destruction, when emergency crews were sent to the scene to see wth was going on, failed miserably as the monsters swoop over and took them out.

I assume that backstory is that the creatures were designed by the goverment (or an alien race) as weapons. I learn towards goverment more, because the setting is not an urban city but a countryside... It's more like it was an accident, that these things escaped nearby. It makes sense that if they are to do with the goverment they'd keep them out in the middle of nowhere at some weird facility. Ya know?

Lee whateverhisnamewas somehow suspected the goverment were tampering in things they shouldn't be, he knew it was all coming, he knew something was going to go wrong and the things would escape.

Yeah Joey. That's what I thought, not what was mentioned by Intricks.

Looking at some construction pics go-merlin has posted, for the 19th, I can see that the pillar drills aren't there any more. Maybe the footers should all be placed by now, since it's been more than a week those pics were taken.
http://go-merlin.co.uk/theswarm/photos/ ... index.html

Also appears the construction for the bridge has commenced as well.

-lofty- said:
Joey said:

Yea, I never really followed the entire backstory, I just knew what was posted and given onto The Swarm website.

No pics for tomoz then. Going in september, hopefully track will be erected then.

Intricks said:
-lofty- said:
Joey said:

Yea, I never really followed the entire backstory, I just knew what was posted and given onto The Swarm website.

Well, in that case, don't try and correct me or make me look like a dick if it's just you adding bits of info on to the ACTUAL story. I was basing my argument on the "Abduction" statement you put across, that's all.

Re: Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

-lofty- said:
Intricks said:
-lofty- said:
Joey said:

Well, in that case, don't try and correct me or make me look like a dick if it's just you adding bits of info on to the ACTUAL story. I was basing my argument on the "Abduction" statement you put across, that's all.

And I was under the assumption that while everyone had been following the story, must have known what was posted on The Swarm site. Wasnt being a dick in any form, but you asked where I got the info, and I told you.

Sorry I had apparently misinterpreted what the sites story was getting across.

I went briefly to the park yesterday and it wasn't worth taking any more photos as there didn't seem to be much change from a fortnight ago, I am going Friday again so if there is anything worth taking photos of then I will.

^ Good call.

Maybe we should hold off from posting photos of the mud until we get vertical construction, which can't be far off now?

Status
Not open for further replies.