What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

seanz25 said:
The park was very quiet considering that it was in the middle of the school holidays, the max time I had to wait was 45 minutes!

Thorpe's typical clientele were a bit busy yesterday :wink:

^ Yeah, it's just to the left of the tyre entrance. The sandwich board and policeman are not by Stealth all day, they have breaks every so often. I only managed to capture them several times on Saturday because I hung around that area deliberately. I could have easily missed them otherwise.

LC12 The Game anyone? :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyxRIvR4-B0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Pic of tank.
281685_2232816950362_1546068144_2706781_7389623_n.jpg

So it's actually Thorpe who've set up the riots up and down the country! I know they sometimes go a bit too far with their PR stunts but this is ridiculous.

Yeah, I saw it earlier :)
I agree, definately the best recreation of The Swarm to date. And if i'm right, the only nolimits recreation with a fair amount of theming.

I wonder when the TV advertising will begin...

Good recreation...

Still, it doesnt make it any easier to judge what it will be like. It certainly looks good, albeit a little tepid speed wise. Very much looking forward to riding it though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Im not actually sure what else to say to be honest. Just because its on AOL I am not convinced yet... Surely Thorpe would want to be the ones to break that news? Perhaps they were planning a particular release of the news and AOL have mentioned it earlier...

I still don't believe it because...
AOL said:
According to the LA Times, The Swarm is the second coaster of its kind in the world (after the 2011 debut of Raptor at Italy's Gardaland), and will be built on a man-made island in the theme park.

Since Raptor does not have rotating seats the Swarm would not be the second.

I think someone has basically got the article round their neck and cocked it up!

Awaiting the mass surge in posts debating the authenticity of this article...

Chances are that the writer heard the rumours and thought them to be true, so decided to write it as so. But, if SWARM turns out to be a 4D, even better.

AOL wrote:
According to the LA Times, The Swarm is the second coaster of its kind in the world (after the 2011 debut of Raptor at Italy's Gardaland), and will be built on a man-made island in the theme park.

Since Raptor does not have rotating seats the Swarm would not be the second.

They probably meant the second coaster of it's type. Just because the Swarm might have rotating seats doesn't make it THAT much different from Raptor's train. It's still a wingrider no matter what.

Yes, but the article makes it sound like Raptor is also a 4D especially by claiming the the Swarm is to be the second of its kind.

Either way, I'll believe it when Thorpe announce it. Safest way!

I personally do not think it will have rotating seats. The layout proves it!

^I agree the layout is just wrong for a 4D, there is simply no point in it.

Here's the article that AOL are referring to -

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/the ... 9637.story

...which does indeed state that:
the cutting edge ride is also the U.K.'s first fourth dimension coaster featuring rotating seats (like Six Flags Magic Mountain's X2).
However, you'd have to be a complete moron (or, apparently, a writer for AOL) not to notice the first half of the sentence which says...
Billed as the U.K.'s first winged coaster with riders sitting on either side of the track in a "winged" formation, Swarm has salivating fans eagerly waiting to see if...
Therefore, this AOL article is no more 'proof' than anything else that's been posted. As others have said, I can't see it myself, it doesn't make sense with the layout.

Since when has anything pointed to the whole thing being a 4D. I thought the only part that is rumored to have any form of rotation would be the first drop, which would be heads first. I can see how that would work. You go upside down and then when you are going into the drop itself the seat stays and then you "roll" to where you were originally seated. About halfway down the drop would be when you start to finish the front flip. Wouldn't cause much stress on the body and it would be an interesting experience imo.

I follow Brady MacDonald on Twitter because he writes excellent articles. I have noticed he tends to use a lot of information posted on Screamscape. I think he's seen Lance's post on SC and decided to take it as a as fact, despite Lance stating it's just a feeling he has (similar to my Dollywood/Eagle theme suggestion).

I honestly can't see it spinning. The layout, train artwork and gut feeling suggests it won't spin. If it did, I would have expected Thorpe to be pushing the fact.

Having ridden Raptor, the first drop is immense fun so it makes perfect sense for any new wingriders to have a unique and exciting first drop.

There's blatantly going to be a future wingrider with rotating seats as it's a natural progression, but not for Swarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.