What's new

Thorpe Park | Snoozebox hotel

nadroJ

CF Legend
It's such a weird piece of land to plonk something like a hotel on, even if it is only temporary. I suppose they're going to make a small entrance way down there too?

I wonder what they're going to do then, whether they'll start offering 2 day tickets with a night in the hotel as a combo promotion or something?

Ethan

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
I wonder what they're going to do then, whether they'll start offering 2 day tickets with a night in the hotel as a combo promotion or something?

If you read the website it tells you. It's about £65 to £70 per person for 2 days and one night at the park. But the cost is per room, therefore if there's only two of you it'll cost twice as much per person than above (which is a full room).

You also get breakfast free. No early ride time though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yeah, why do I feel like I've said this before? Probably because I have, but those £70 prices will be:

a. An introductory offer when it first opens

and/or

b. Only available on off-peak weekdays.

Guarantee it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
In the summer holidays it's only costing me and my three mates £60 something per person...

BraveNewWhirls

Roller Poster
If they would open up the park late into the evening in summer this could really work.
They look kind of horrible but I like the idea to have a small space outside your room.

I've been to Thorpe once when I got a lift because it's such a pain to get to by public transport.
Alton Towers is easier because it's closer but also because it has direct links to Stoke-on-Trent which has links to lots of places. Having to go through Staines is what makes it awkward because it's an extra link compared to AT and it makes the difference between having to go there ridicularsely early or kind of, too late to make the most of it. I have to get up at 5.50 for AT but I brave it...like, once a year. :lol:

If the park was open later in summer so you were pretty much ready to crash when you went back to The Pad, it would be worth it probably. To me, at least. I wouldn't want to just hang around at a bar that you know will be a rip-off (though probably no worse than most concerts).

I'd make the effort and go mad early, stay the day and evening (do it Thorpe!), crash at The Pad and then go to London or something the next day. I'd be pretty happy with that and the price is the price because you are kind of...lost.

But they should let you sleep in late if you haven't got park tickets for the next day. Until midday at least.
Aunty Meridiem and I haven't gotten along in a while.

Krazycoaster

Roller Poster
The bridge to the Crash Pad, following the same style as the main bridge:
IMG_1400.jpg

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Oh that colour is disgusting. Aw well, at least it's fresh. As Thorpe being my home park i'm really missing it and can't wait for the 2013 season to roll!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The Anal Pass email said something about being able to check out the hotel on Sunday. I wonder if that means we get to wander around it or just look at it from the bridge?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ If there's extra cash to be milked, they'll get it open on time, whether it's ready or not.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, but imagine how lovely and dark it would be <3

*If* I didn't live 50mins away, therefore negating the necessity of a stay, I'd probably stay at least once to check it out - just like I once did at the expensive, rip-off Alton Towers hotels. Subsequently, I'd stay wherever offered the best value for money.

Anyway, this is open and ready for business. They look rather cosy (as one would expect). You'd have to be good mates with those you were sharing with. And let's face it, anybody who has had the misfortune of going in a bathroom shortly after I've had a dump wouldn't want to share with me!

Photos on Thorpe Park Mania: http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/2 ... -Pad-Opens
http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/2 ... -Pad-Opens

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Those rooms are tiny! I also wouldn't trust myself on that upper bunk! I know I would fall during the night,