What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Indeed this does look short - but that's not to say this thing doesn't look like an absolute beast.

From first glance at the layout plans, I did think it looked very similar to that of an S&S like Steel Curtain. However the 'artist impression' gives off that it could either be a Mack or Intamin possibly. Looks to be some good airtime moments in there (especially that outer banked hill :oops:)

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I would have said Intamin, but I'd have expected to see the new track styles we saw with Velocicoaster and Kondaa, though we could still be wrong. The layout is more Kondaa than DC Rivals.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I am. I'm paying more attention to that airtime hill leading into what I assume is going to be the brake run though. This NEEDS to have airtime, Colossus's hills are dampened by the OSTRs and Saw's little pop before the MCBR is irritatingly tantalising, the park needs to fill that gap.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Surprised nobody is drooling over that outer bank which ends in an inversion.
I can't tell whether it ends with the inversion or actually goes up into the inversion first? Honestly looks really good - after seeing how fast the new one at Suzhou Forest World looks, I can only imagine this being very similar.

Edit: Had a closer look - it does end with the inversion. Didn't actually realise the first drop was a twisted one either o_O

So I’m not going to lie, I feel like this won’t be quite what we wanted. A welcome addition I’m sure, but not the airtime machine everyone is craving.

The curved drop will neuter the airtime falling from that height (the whole point of a massive lifthill) and the lack of straightforward airtime hills hurts quite a bit.

There are however 4 moments that could deliver some good airtime.
  1. – The drop coming out of the first inversion
  2. – the outer banked inversion hill
  3. – The wonky 2nd to last airtime hill
  4. – The hill into the breaks
I’m hoping those elements deliver solid airtime and I’d definitely rather have a massive new coaster at my home park than not; but this doesn’t look like a top 10 contender to me.

Last edited:

spicy

Giga Poster
So looks to me they are going for the world’s biggest inversion? That vertical loop thing looks huge.

It’s definitely more gimmicks again rather than just a solid out and back B&M hyper airtime machine everyone wanted. Think they have missed the mark here to be honest.

Unique for sure though.

Dawg

Roller Poster
-Outerbanked curve out of station
-236ft tall twisted drop
-3 inversions (that I can see)
-First inversion heigher than 197ft? Worlds heighest inversion perhaps?
-Spashdown element
-Lapbars?

Distinct lack of airtime elements from what I can see which could be shame but it does look great.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Honestly looks disappointing.

Could’ve done so much more with all that height.

Ugly support structure too.

Not the worst thing that could’ve been announced by any means, but certainly not the world-class coaster we were all hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luca B

Mega Poster
How are people already complaining, this ride looks amazing even if it does not solely focus on airtime, and with how good recent macks have been it’ll probably have great forces. From the looks of it, it’ll be one of the best in europe and it will be incredibly unique.

spicy

Giga Poster
Honestly looks disappointing.

Could’ve done so much more with all that height.

Ugly support structure too.

Not the worst thing that could’ve been announced by any means, but certainly not the world-class coaster we were all hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea more I look at it more I am becoming disappointed by it.

What’s up with the support structure looks like an S&S 4D.

Dan?

Roller Poster
My main gripe is that all the interactions are focused on one end of the layout. The rest of that bay sits there unused, where they could have placed a couple of flats should they have decided to fill it in. For the most part, a solid layout, but the area design and supporting structure does leave a lot to be desired.

Not sure how well Stealth's colour scheme is going to translate onto this, though...

Projektion

Mega Poster
Distinct lack of airtime elements from what I can see which could be shame but it does look great.
Are we looking at the same ride? literally every element looks to pull some sort of air.
- Steep 180º twist drop
- Hyperion esque twist and dive which will pull air on the hill leading in
- Outerbank wave turn into a dive loop which will pull air
- What looks like a hangtime dive loop
- Outerbank
- Straight airtime hill

Ethan

Strata Poster
Are we looking at the same ride? literally every element looks to pull some sort of air.
- Steep 180º twist drop
- Hyperion esque twist and dive which will pull air on the hill leading in
- Outerbank wave turn into a dive loop which will pull air
- What looks like a hangtime dive loop
- Outerbank
- Straight airtime hill
This. I mean, it's not perfect, but I reckon parts of this will feel really wacky, and we don't have anything like this in the UK.
Plus, it means we won't have a rattly monorail as the nation's tallest coaster after so many years.

Dawg

Roller Poster
Confirmed 'Exodus' as project name (see the 'Vew Point Plans').
Does not mean it will be the actual name, but with the track also confirmed to be white. (Also see the View Point Plans) - are we looking at the ride name 'Exodus' with a futuristic theme?
x%20cb%20odus.jpg