What's new

Thorpe Park 2012 Updates

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think they should re-theme the rapids. Get some nice boats, and add theming along the queue and river itself. The tunnel is crap, and you hardly even get wet. They added a waterfall on the entrance of the tunnel, but that's it really.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Just to Echo.. From memory Kali River Rapids seatbelts, Popeye at IOA and Cedar Points I believe.. But these are all on the Larger 12 seater boats.. So the thought springs to mind, is it even possible on the smaller boats?

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, Thorpe seem to be on track for making a mess of the customer experience this year.

I try to like the place, I really do. In spite of its problems, it's got some good rides and attractions. They're getting better at the whole reliability thing, to the point where I'd actually consider visiting the park on opening day in future (although they still managed to break Swarm whilst I was there), but for every step forward they seem to make, they seem to mess something else up.

I've already commented in The Swarm thread about the stupidity of having Rock Karaoke blaring out across the entire Swarm area, but they've also got some Ministry of Sound backed DJ thing happening by Stealth at the moment. In all fairness, the DJs are doing a fairly good job of mixing all the chavvy pop and dance stuff that they're playing, but with the exception of The Swarm area, it's being played across the entire park at loud volume. It's replaced the Colossus theme in the queue. It's replaced the music on Vortex. It'd playing over the top of the music in the queue for Inferno. So not only do you lose the ride atmosphere, you just can't get away from it. After around 7 hours on park and lots of not-so-smooth coasters, I was starting to develop something of a headache.

Oh, and the sound system outside the DJ booth by Stealth isn't synchronised with the rest of the park's sound system. Stand by the fish and chip outlet and it sounds like a complete train wreck.

Stealth seemed to have a bad case of the Intamin shuffle at the bottom of the drop. Rush seemed to be on an even shorter cycle than I remember it. Oh, and because the park was busy turning people away from the Rapids, they were circulating empty boats for pretty much the entire afternoon.

Mark

Strata Poster
^ To be fair though, the Ministry of Sound thing is not a permanent feature is it. Its a special event so its not really worth complaining about. Just remember in future to avoid those dates.

I must also note how I laughed when you put (although they still managed to break Swarm whilst I was there), I am amused because if it were any other park, those 'breakdowns' would be put down to the fact it was a new coaster and all new coasters have teething problems. Oh no, not Thorpe... THEY must have broken it.

MJNemesis

Roller Poster
And wait, is that Roast and Relish thing going to replace the kebabs? It better bloody not.

It hasn't! Gladly because Roast & Relish has a choice of either over cooked roast beef or gammon in a baguette with sauce. It's a great concept but too dry. I also paid over £14 for 2 baguettes and 2 drinks! The kebab shop is just outside the splash zone for Tidal Wave (I haven't eaten there before so unsure if it's moved or not).

I went yesterday for the 1st time in roughly 2 years and the Amity area had changed from what I remember and there were more rides offering Fast Track?

Unfortunately TP messed it all up big time yesterday by giving out seemingly unlimited Fast Track tickets. This led to queue anarchy as Fast Track queues were topping 1hr!! I felt so sorry for the queue attendents. After waiting for nearly 90mins for Colossus (the entrance said it was a 60min wait), upon reaching the part where Fast Trackers jump in front of the peasents; the attendent was taking loads of abuse as she was having to let all of the Fast Trackers on. As the FT queue was so long it took at least 3 trains worth before they were gone then the stragglers were getting straight on too. We waited at that point for well over 30mins.

Disappointing indeed but it was worth it for Swarm which for those who haven't ridden it yet (or indeed a different B&M Winger); It is in my opinion incredible and I think one day, a good (better than Swarm), well laid out and themed Winger in the UK could topple Nemesis' crown! Shock shock horror.

Will

Strata Poster
What he said!
What IS this madness - the pork sandwich shop is clearly the second best addition of the year, and with annual pass discount applied, it's been working out cheaper than a Subway for me as well as being more filling!!

Disclaimer: People who eat gammon get what they deserve.

nealbie

CF Legend
MJNemesis said:
Roast & Relish has a choice of either over cooked roast beef or gammon in a baguette with sauce. It's a great concept but too dry. I also paid over £14 for 2 baguettes and 2 drinks! The kebab shop is just outside the splash zone for Tidal Wave (I haven't eaten there before so unsure if it's moved or not).

What were you drinking? Champagne?!

And agreed to all others. Those who eat Gammon deserve equally dreadful things. It's all about the pork and chilli jam! <3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Gammon, as with all pork except chops and roast, is the only of the popular meats that taste of anything, you mentals.

I've not had anything from roast and relish, but I agree it looks like it could be dry. And it annoys me that they had plenty of oppertunity to put a themed outlet with swarm, but as usual we get an afterthought.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

nealbie

CF Legend
Gammon tastes of salt, Joey, but I guess if you like that kind of thing go for it! And other meats don't taste of anything?! I'll remind you of that when next you gorge at KFC or a Steakhouse, why do you have to be like this?

It's just ruined bacon. Which is a crime in itself.

marc

CF Legend
I had the gammon as I don't like beef and pork makes me ill.

Anyway the gammon was not dry and tbh was not salty it was actually very nice :)

I want them to add lamb.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Aha this conversation has drifted!

I think they will end the whole Rumba rapids thing soon. I hope they realise how stupid it is.

Mark

Strata Poster
To be fair Ethan, the topic is about Thorpe Park 2012 updates... the Roast & Relish is new for 2012...

It hasn't drifted that far :p

Ethan

Strata Poster
On the CF Live was Roast and Relish popular? I went to Burger King and queued over 10 minutes for food -_-

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Went to Thorpe today with some mates and got turned away from Rumba Rapids because we didnt have an adult with us even though there was no queue. Did get on it in the end when my mates dad decided to come on.