- 'Battered Fish & Chips' rename of Amity Fish & Chips
- 'Roast and Relish' food outlet next to Flying Fish
- 'Wild Wings Noodle Bar' rename of Noodle Bar
- 'Clothes Cabin' replacing Kit Kat Sweet Shop
- 'Amity Coffee Shack' next to the Games Zone
- Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shack replacing Lost City Donuts
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Detonator Fastrack
- Stealth SRQ replaced with a disabled entrance (Flying Fish SRQ has also been removed)
- Evergreens behind Samurai cut down (or perhaps they blew down during the Winter storms)
- SAW - The Ride's sign has recieved a much-needed repaint
- A new queueline has been built outside the Fastrack sales unit
- SAW Alive is now open only on selected dates
- Loads more minor updates around the park

Well, it looks as if this is going to be a pretty good year for the park, and I'm hoping there will be more general upkeep around the island!

Discuss.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yup, a really progressive year for the park, what with all the renaming of venues etc.

And wait, is that Roast and Relish thing going to replace the kebabs? It better bloody not.

All joking aside though I'm glad that Thorpe try to keep on top of things by changing up the names of their venues every few years, helps prevent things from going stale.

New arcade on Swarm island? Hmm, would have preferred something else but whatever. I can never see the point of arcades at theme parks, it boggles the mind.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
marc said:
I would have preferred toilets, something the park really lacks.
There are new toilets pretty much right next to the arcade.

Glad to see time voyagers go, it was by far the worst attraction at Thorpe, probably the worst "film" I have ever seen. Last year when I went on it there where maybe 10 people waiting for an hourly show.

Hopefully they can do something better with the space.

kimahri

CF Legend
If they get Mushihimesama Futari in there I'd totes go, Hell, maybe even Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label or maybe Deathsmiles Mega Black Label V1.1. I'd probably go **** it to swarm and murder then highscore on them first.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Yes, this arcade does look as if it's going to be inside a church/chapel-themed building, judging by the map. Very fitting. XD

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
TP Rich said:
- Dedicated smoking areas.
Queue lines?

Tbh, they'd be better off having non-smoking ares.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nadroJ said:
I'm glad that Thorpe try to keep on top of things by changing up the names of their venues every few years, helps prevent things from going stale.

They have fridges, freezes and several varieties of mould for that Jordan :p

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Some more updates for 2012 include:

* Stealth SRQ replaced with a disabled entrance (Flying Fish SRQ has also been removed)
* Evergreens behind Samurai cut down (or perhaps they blew down during the Winter storms)
* SAW - The Ride's sign has recieved a much-needed repaint
* A new queueline has been built outside the Fastrack sales unit
* SAW Alive is now open only on selected dates

Probably a few more updates around the park, I'll have a good look around when the season kicks off. :)

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Ethan said:
Wait WHAT?!?

No Stealth single rider?

Sadly not, it's now a disabled entrance, despite there being a steep flight of stairs at the end of it, and the fact that there is already a disabled lift entrance.

index.php

I'm considering submitting this to Failblog. XD

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well whats the **** point in that?

If they're keeping the disabled lift, then why bother with this?

Sorry to sound like a noob, but this has **** me off. I used SR on Stealth a LOT, it just worked so well!

FFS!