What's new

Thorpe 2013

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
If the rear seats are being turned around, it is for one reason and one reason only. It becomes a chargeable experience, and if successful, you can bet your bottom dollar it won't be Merlin's last forray into the area...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

tomahawk

Strata Poster
You won't charge for a row backwards, that's about as ridiculous as charging for the front row. Just won't happen.

And as I don't know how Swarm's station is laid out, and from what I have read on here it seems like there is a front row queue, so why not (and this may require too much common sense) but if someone requests a back row, have them wait and send people through, like most parks I have been to have done when assigning seats and someone requests a certain row. Disney does it Cedar Point does it, SFMM did it for X2. It's just not that complicated.

marc

CF Legend
^Dont give Merlin ideas :)

Well today Thorpe have a picture inside The Swarm station saying we have a surprise for you. The train is covered up btw.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Thorpe posted this image with the line: We've got a surprise for you

19192_10151395356720867_1474440604_n.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
^ Your point?

You still don't have to pay for the front row....

Pole Position Fastrack? ;)

This is still an immensely daft idea, especially as it goes against the whole purpose of the ride, yet with it happening on two others, **** knows what's actually going on in Switzerland...

Nice to see Thorpe have learnt from their issues with NWO and vomit though :roll:

spicy

Giga Poster
That basically confirms it then!

Am I the only one that thinks this is awesome? I can't wait to ride Swarm backwards.

I just hope it's not a permanent thing only for a season or two.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Martyn B said:
^ Your point?

You still don't have to pay for the front row....

Pole Position Fastrack? ;)

Yes, I am aware of that thank you. But if you want to queue up normally, you can get to the front row without paying, which some people seem to struggle to understand.

**** knows what's actually going on in Switzerland...

I think we need some proof that it is B&M working on this... though I guess with it being such a new coaster, it has to be them!

If it was just Batman and Hollywood Dream, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was another company making the modifications.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^^ I think B&M has been working with these parks for this. Supposedly SFGAm is getting two whole new chasis for Batman to run backwards.

If it isnt B&M that is doing this, then they may have chosen a company like how they did with Hulk and the launch.

I honestly dont see how B&M cant be involved with all these bass ackward rides now.

Martyn B

CF Legend
This picture was only taken the other day, and if you're goony enough, you can count all 7 restraints facing forward:

75017_10151384280525867_961963792_n.jpg

Unless it's only been changed on one train...?

Kebab

Giga Poster
The hell!?

Backwards Swarm! Backwards zero-G! Backwards Wing-rider! Backwards inline! I'm sorry but if any of you think this is a silly decision, we've never got anything like this, ever! It sounds incredible, but we shall see...

spicy

Giga Poster
It's so unlike B&M for them to be doing things like this though. Normally they are so stuck in their own traditional ways.

It does open up a load of opportunities, a backwards dive machine is the one I want to see <3

marc

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
This picture was only taken the other day, and if you're goony enough, you can count all 7 restraints facing forward:

75017_10151384280525867_961963792_n.jpg

Unless it's only been changed on one train...?

Probably do one train test it and then the next train.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
The hell!?

Backwards Swarm! Backwards zero-G! Backwards Wing-rider! Backwards inline! I'm sorry but if any of you think this is a silly decision, we've never got anything like this, ever! It sounds incredible, but we shall see...

Based on how NWO constantly closes due to vomit, we'll have to see if Swarm follows a similar pattern...

Let alone of course the logistics within the station...

It's a nope from me, I doubt it'll be a success (same for Batman, Hollywood Dream I am undecided)...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Is it silly to suggest that it may be only one train facing backwards and the other facing forwards?