What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollie said:
The outside of Saw is more impressive than this at the moment. Saw has more to it whereas this is just fake bricks and half a fake tree.

Yes Ollie, because Saw's building is made of real sheet metal and whatever else it's meant to look like... :roll:

At least this building is consistent and actually looks pretty decent...

Ollie said:
The outside of Saw is more impressive than this at the moment. Saw has more to it whereas this is just fake bricks and half a fake tree.
But it's not finished yet so will have to see once it's done.
I like the theme though.

Wait, a tin shed, car and barb wire is themeing. Okay Saw is meant to be a warehouse, but it looks so flat. It has no texture to it.

^Because it's a warehouse. They're not meant to have depth and look all fancy. Thorpe did great in the realism for that. Here Alton can do whatever. They can use their own ideas and are not limited to having to stick to a film.
I'm not complaining. This looks good. I'm just saying as soon as it's Alton people don't want to complain like they did at Thorpe and this has even less themeing outside.

Ollie saw is a tin hut with ride pops.

This ride uses imagination :)

Please dont turn this into another Saw topic thats so 2008/09 :)

Ingested Banjo said:
I dunno if I'd call installing a mahoosive tree made from recycled coaster what must weigh tonnes, where a simple window was planned, skimping...

What a piece of melted down second-hand metal, and foam is cheaper than a stone window?

I don't think so.

Saying that, I kinda like the tree.

^ But there is still a window there, as well as a tree!

I like it being there, it makes the monk creepier as he's hiding up a tree :p

The tree also looks like a long fingered hand, coming from the ground to smoother the monk and building.

It's quite a nice effect... Or will be when it's finished.

^^^ Yeah I guess, but it still must've taken a bit of effort... at least they're doing something. I'd call it skimping if they just had a generic looking building without a statue, or did what they did on stealth and just go without the planned building entirely.

And Saw has those spinny saws outside on the drop. And the chains before the lift hill.

Why is this thing being constantly compared to Saw anyway, it's a completely separate ride? Thorpe/Saw sucks at theming, end of.

I still hope Alton see about slightly theming the short walk from Hex to Thirteen and try and keep the whole area consistent. On that note, what's going on with the Ug Land theming, anyone know if it's gone yet?

I know what you mean Jordan, not only does that section need to be sorted out, which will cost barely anything, I mean all they need to do is change the sign, and retheme Rita's Bar/Grill thing. That isn't much really, all they need to do is rename it, change the colour scheme etc.

I know this sounded like I was being sarcastic, but I'm not lol, It really isn't alot to do.

And seen as you mention this, it would be more logical to retheme this section, as Hex and Thirteen are tied to one another in some way or other, otherwise why would they be adding Rita and Hex to the Thirteen Weekend schedule?

Why do people slate saw the ride so much? cant people just enjoy what is built in the uk? other than that i cant wait for 13 and by the way the saw shop is probably like that coz its a typical thing thats in the grounds of a warehouse :evil:

Maybe they'll just re-theme Rita's shop to make it in to a Thirteen one. Seems the most logical answer to me. Or maybe we'll have one for each; only time will tell.

nadroJ said:
I still hope Alton see about slightly theming the short walk from Hex to Thirteen and try and keep the whole area consistent.

I was wondering that the other day, but if it is it seems strange that Hex is open for the Half Term week, as surely they'd be retheming it? I sure hope they do anyways.

I wonder if they're going to make a proper exit shop for 13?

The only rides that have them is Air, Oblivion and the Rapids/Runaway Train are joined.

It's not in the plans so I doubt there'll be one.

The on-ride photo shop will be where corkscrew's was. If the whole area does get re-themed Th13teen merchandise could probably be found in the Rita shop or Towers Trading.

^Yeah but if you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.
Almost everyride has it as soon as you come of the ride so you walk past it or through it getting back to the area. On Rita you come off and you step down straight back into UgLand and there's people everywhere and the shop's only a tiny building the other side of the path down to the ride entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.