What's new

The World of David Walliams is coming to Alton Towers

bob_3_

Giga Poster
To be fair, that actually looks really nice! Quite a few details, and the theming looks to be of a good quality! I look forward to the finished product!

I know you love positivity as overly negative forums can be really nasty and I'm a massive backer of Alton and Merlin...

BUT, it looks so cheap! Dark rides have really moved forwards in recently years and this looks like it coulda been built 20 years ago.urgh

spicy

Giga Poster
To be fair after spending a reported £8 Million on their last terrible attempt at a children’s dark ride in CaTCF back in 2006 i’d go cheap on the next one too

Looks like the ride system has been built locally and the theming done by Merlin in house. I guess the David Walliams IP will have cost more than the ride has.

Still looks like it will be fairly entertaining for young kids which is the target audience.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Milk those scenes and avoid nausea. Should be a great family ride, and no I didn't expect anything mind blowing and this looks fine to me. Don' know the books but as long as the detail is there for the kids it should go down a treat.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Sorry but I'd take my kids to Paultons Park instead. They're having great fun with the Radiator Springs stuff and characters. More imagination from what I can see at least.
I also don't get naming this area after a guy who is also quite associated with adult stuff (Britain's Got Talent, Little Britain, stupid Twitter comments, the celeb dating a young model thing) . Walliams isn't Roald Dahl.

The inflatable arch is awful and makes it look like a temporary marathon for kids event.