What's new

The two most talked about new rides of 2006...

Stealth or Kumali?

• Stealth - Thorpe Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kumali - Flamingo Land

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

joe

Mega Poster
AeRo said:
Yeah but these are the new style cars with alluminium wheels so, as Undead Creature says, who knows....we will have to wait and see.

Never thought about that really, I have only ridden the roughest SLC to existance. So my opinions of this ride would be a little lower, but suprisingly it looks like the best SLC, but not as good as Intamin SCC's :p.

Still I am looking forward to riding both though.

kir

Hyper Poster
Well, in my humble opinion, Velocity is no smooth bunny, but that may well be due to the rider position.

Stealth won't be rough, it will be raw!, Rita isn't rough at all apart from some wimps who complain about the first sharp turn off the launch, which Stealth doesn't have. And I hear most of the huge Intamin coasters either have a similar raw feeling, with a glass-smooth launch.

It'll be interesting to see how smooth Kumali is with the new adaptions. I'm looking forward to riding it. Neither Kumali or Stealth are unique to the world (Stealth a lot less so) so obviously neither of them are jaw-breakers. But within the UK the uniqueness competition is hugely apparent.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
[soon to be] Rough Invert

How would you know that? With the wheel mount mods Vekoma made to their trains, aswell as the aluminium wheels the ride will likely be a smooth one.

Also, by the way - I'd bank that your one of those people who pisses and moans about Colossus being an increasinly rough coaster ... guess what.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
I don't personally think SLC's are rough!

I love the way they're really rumbly and throw you around, to me that's not roughness, that's raw power.

At the end of the day, once i've ridden both (which won't be long) I'll form an opinion

AeRo

Hyper Poster
UC...the comparisons were made not for weakness, nor particularly for reliability of information, but merely to follow some of the logic that had previously been posted - i.e. complete balderdash!

I salute you, however, for picking up the gauntlet! You are absolutely correct when you say that these comparisons are both ridiculous and unfair. However similar comparisons have been made throughout the topic and I merely thought it appropriate to join in.

What we have heard for the past year is how Stelf is gonna be this, and gonna be that. We have had speculation and conjecture, gossip and rumour to the point of sheer boredom - 3,927 posts doesn't represent genuine knowledge and interesting information.

However the point i was trying to make remains the same....Intamin and Vekoma have similar issues with similar designs...i.e collosus vs Kumali and of course Stealth vs Velocity...not quite on a par but close enough.

The ultimate point is that, with the improvements and innovations from Vekoma, we should see an extermely interesting ride and one which I will review as soon as I have ridden it. Stealth I won't be riding until much later in the year, but will again review once done.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I cant see what is the problem with rough coasters? Yes fine too rough and it will get annoying but what is the problem with it.

Stealth can't be that rough becuase of the launch whihc keeps you in the seat. But yes it maybe rough as I have never riden an accelerator before.

joe

Mega Poster
Mattb said:
I cant see what is the problem with rough coasters? Yes fine too rough and it will get annoying but what is the problem with it.

Ok, your head bashes against the restraints causing head pains, or even a headache.

Hell if you want roughness, I suggest you try the Antelope at Gullviers.

To add to what I said before about the wheels, I have also heard that Vekoma have gone with a B&M style system of mounting the wheel carriers to the chassis. If this is true, then the ride will be at least half as rough as previous SLCs.

Although I don't know if this info is true.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I aggree. That it is hard to decide which is better coaster. But what I am saying is that whihc one are you most looking foward to wether or not they are the same type of coaster!

I am looking foward to Kumali but not as much as stealth!

c&r

Mega Poster
Stealth, as far as I am concerned, is a bland, boring, irratating, overhyped piece of pure ****e.

OMFGZZZ A TOP HAT AND A AIRTME(LESS) HIL! FAKING SPECIL LYK!

Seriously. Oh and kir? I thought rita had the "intamin shuffle" going around the second corner, which is the most uncomfortable roughness I have ever felt.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
To add to what I said before about the wheels, I have also heard that Vekoma have gone with a B&M style system of mounting the wheel carriers to the chassis. If this is true, then the ride will be at least half as rough as previous SLCs.

Although I don't know if this info is true.

Indeedy they have, I was told by Gordon Gibb in an email that the train has the new axles and wheel mounts (like the Magic Springs one), also, we've all seen the aluminium wheel's, they'll help quite a good bit I'd imagine - and the park have had the construction team smoothing out all the joints in the track so riders wont notice the transition between track pieces - heres hoping its all worked!

:)

kir

Hyper Poster
I wouldn't have said so, but then again some people can tolerate different sorts of roughness on all different levels. At any rate I'm expecting Stealth to be really smooth, and Kumali - I can't hold any judgement yet!

Ben

CF Legend
Say we get our smooth ride on Kumali, what else is there? A drop, four inversions and a helix. That's it. Very short and pretty dull IMO.

Stelf has the launch, ascent, descent and airtime hill. That's two less than Kumali, but all it's elements (except probably the airtime hill) are quite a bit more exciting than Kumali's. I fail to see how people call Stelf short, un-imaginative and a rip-off without tarnishing Kumali with the same brush.

I think Stelf will be fun, a real thrill but Kumali will be just the same as other inverteds and inverters, but shorter.

Fi

Mega Poster
I love launch coasters so I'd say stealth - infact I'm looking forward to it so much that I might actually take a trip down to london to ride it

A

Anonymous

While i love hights and speed, i really do think stelph looks really boring

So Kumali it is!!!!!!!!

~Lora~

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
It is an average SLC. Whats so special about Kumali?

I can understand the locals being excited about a new ride coming to the homepark though.