What's new

The TV we watch...

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Been watching a few Cartoon Shows over the past 2-3 months.

Rewatched all of Archer it really doesn't have the rewatch factor and Season 8 was a pile of Poo hoping that season 9 gets better for the supposed Season 10 finale.

Rick And Morty. The First Season was amazing and then after this it just died I'd hope it'd get better and it really didn't and I love cartoon comedy.

Bojack Horseman. This is a very subtle dark humour show it tackles real life things like depression and what not I'm at the end of Season 2 and I'm finding it meh I'm going to keep going just to see if it picks up and I'll update whether I enjoyed it or not.

peep

CF Legend
The Good Place season 2 just finished and it took it in a direction I wasn't expecting but I'm happy about. Now for the long horrible wait for season 3.

Altered Carbon - I binged the how thing in one day. I really loved the World building and the style of it all. I thought the cast were pretty good and the story kept me intrigued throughout.

Travellers - The first season was a bit of a guilty pleasure, it was kinda bad but with a brilliant premise. I felt like the second season was so much better and there were some really fascinating episodes. Quite looking forward to a third season now.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ 1/2 way thru Altered Carbon ; I think its great stuff - reviews haven't been great, but I like it! - (have read the books a few years ago though so maybe I'm biased.)

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Rewatched Daredevil Season 1, Jessica Jones and Agents of Shield seasons 1&2.

Omg they are still amazing shows still leaving me hooked for more marvel action.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Mrs Howie is properly hooked on The Walking Dead at the moment, but we've hit a wall; the first six seasons have been free, but Amazon Prime want 15 quid for season 7.
Does anyone know if any providers have it for free?
Personally I lost interest after about season 3. Thought the pilot episode was one of strongest pieces of television I'd ever seen (didn't realise it was directed by Frank Darabont, no less) but the series has never been that good again.
After a while it occurred to me that I didn't really like any of the characters, and couldn't care less whether they got eaten or not.
And also... well, zombies just aren't scary. Clue's in the title - The Walking Dead. Just run away from 'em. Simples.

davidm

Strata Poster
All the (normal) Walking Dead are on Sky box-sets ; upto season 8.5 (second half of that about to restart on Fox soon).
S7 was rubbish though I thought, and S8 has been dragging too. Just the time for Thorpe Park to go all-out on a year of the Walking Dead then?
Theres the spin-off "Fear of the Walking Deda" too ; thats on Amazon isn't it? (I've watched S1&2 of that, S1 was a bit weak but it picked up in S2 ; will give S3 a go when I can find it cheap on BluRay I think (don't have Prime))

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Mrs Howie is properly hooked on The Walking Dead at the moment, but we've hit a wall; the first six seasons have been free, but Amazon Prime want 15 quid for season 7.
Does anyone know if any providers have it for free?
Personally I lost interest after about season 3. Thought the pilot episode was one of strongest pieces of television I'd ever seen (didn't realise it was directed by Frank Darabont, no less) but the series has never been that good again.
After a while it occurred to me that I didn't really like any of the characters, and couldn't care less whether they got eaten or not.
And also... well, zombies just aren't scary. Clue's in the title - The Walking Dead. Just run away from 'em. Simples.
Get yourself a non apple phone and a smart TV, download Showbox.apk and watch/download any series/movie you like.

I loved the prison seasons, culminating in the Governors death, since then it's got a bit crap. Obviously season 2 was just shockingly bad.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Get yourself a non apple phone and a smart TV, download Showbox.apk and watch/download any series/movie you like.

Thanks man. :) Obvs I'm too OLD to understand what any of that means, but I'm sure me Julie will suss it out.

(So at least you've kept somebody's missus happy ;) )

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I use Showbox for everything now, literally the only things I watch on normal TV now are MOTD, some live sport (like the ruggers) and Food Network.
It's easy as pie to install and use, you've managed to learn how to use a phone and the internet, I'm sure you can do an online course on Smart TVs too. You can do it grandpa ;)

Mack

Mega Poster
lately I'm that American obsessed with the Australian public television show the Checkout. i wish our unscrupulous corporate advertisers would let us have a show like it.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Ok just watched the mid season premiere of The Walking Dead and it's left me speechless it's amazing all of it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ok just watched the mid season premiere of The Walking Dead and it's left me speechless it's amazing all of it.
I gave it up a while back just after
Sasha died in the box
Honestly... Is it worth watching again from there or more of the same drivel that made me stop?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I mean Season 7 did die in my eyes. But Season 8 is pretty much about The All Out War story arc. It's good but a few things happen that nearly made me give up forever on the show but just realised it'll be a lot different and I hope it goes down a better path. But try to watch it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I gave it up a while back just after
Sasha died in the box
Honestly... Is it worth watching again from there or more of the same drivel that made me stop?

If you didn't enjoy Season 7, you won't enjoy Season 8. It's more of the same - there's a bit more action, but it's still slow paced, and full of lots of fluff and filler. In saying that, it's got one of my favourite episodes since Season 5 (gives a bit of backstory to Negan).

I read the comics for it too, and I really think they should have done the whole war in a season and a half rather than two seasons. It's a shame because Season 7 really killed the pace of the show as a whole too. I just hope the back end of Season 8 can justify it...

jj23w

Hyper Poster
If you didn't enjoy Season 7, you won't enjoy Season 8. It's more of the same - there's a bit more action, but it's still slow paced, and full of lots of fluff and filler. In saying that, it's got one of my favourite episodes since Season 5 (gives a bit of backstory to Negan).

I read the comics for it too, and I really think they should have done the whole war in a season and a half rather than two seasons. It's a shame because Season 7 really killed the pace of the show as a whole too. I just hope the back end of Season 8 can justify it...
See I funnily enough enjoy this season it's one of those that keeps you on your toes. I feel once this season is over season 7 will make more sense.

peep

CF Legend
I started watching Homeland last week. It's a bit hit and miss, feel like Season 3 is going to be a bit miss though.

Netflix added a new baking show last week called Nailed it! and I can't recommend it enough. We were laughing so much throughout every episode. The concept is amazing, get people who are terrible at baking and give them a recipe and all the things they need to see if they can nail the recipe and provide something edible. I'm just gutted there are only 6 episodes, I could spend days just watching this show.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I finished watching Luke Cage Sunday night and all I can say is meh. Luke Cage was great the villains were great but it all felt rushed and slow.

peep

CF Legend
felt rushed and slow.

I was going to tease you about this as it sounds rather contradictory but I actually agree. I think the same goes for all the Netflix Marvel shows - apart from Daredevil season 1 which is slow but makes it work. I find the shows spend far too much time with the main characters just being sulky and not really doing much and then suddenly they coincide with a "bad guy" and some things happen but in a really disappointing (and rushed) way.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I was going to tease you about this as it sounds rather contradictory but I actually agree. I think the same goes for all the Netflix Marvel shows - apart from Daredevil season 1 which is slow but makes it work. I find the shows spend far too much time with the main characters just being sulky and not really doing much and then suddenly they coincide with a "bad guy" and some things happen but in a really disappointing (and rushed) way.

See my favourite 2 shows are Daredevil and Jessica Jones the villains are known pretty much straight away or start off quite fast paced whereas Luke Cage mentions one villain and then brings the last villain which is Diamondback in at the last minute and rushes his origin story and then makes the final battles look tacky. I thought it'd be like Daredevil and Jessica Jones where it starts off as a dark show but alas doesn't. I'm not really looking forward to Iron Fist if it's the same.