What's new

The Thorpe reliability thread - 2009 edition.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
peep said:
CJH said:
Also if Stealth was open yesterday afternoon, why didn't Peep or Will see this?

Because it wasn't, they only tested it 5 times just before closing. We were told they couldn't open it as it had only been handed over to the park from maintenance and so they could only start training staff on it from yesterday.

LAZYYYY!!!

They could have stuck a team-leader on it, just so it could open for that day.
Poor park operation!

Dave

CF Legend
I heard from someone that Saw tested without water dummies and rarely uses them. So i think the trims aren't timed right with the trains when they are full. So the sensors trip causing the ride to stop.

I swear this is the problem.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Well i'm deffiantely waiting for a bit until thorpe pull that broomstick out of thier arse and get everything working.

Those teacups better had be working when i go :--D

Oh well, from what i have heard the theming isn't all that bad.

And coaster king, diabetics get into thorpe park early? what a scam :wink:

(I would like to add i am diabetic and secretly want to be able to do said scam)

Smithy

Strata Poster
So right, what's the deal with Saw? Up, down, left right? Is it temperamental in opening on a day to day basis? Would I be best to ring them before I leave in order to avoid disappointment?

marc

CF Legend
Dave I wish you were right.

I dont think Saw will be opening any time soon now.

I wonder if they ever did test the drop at that new angel or just thought it would be ok.

We 100% will not be going on Saw on Sunday :(

Ben

CF Legend
Emmett said:
They are having trouble with the trim breaks apparently. Though it is anyone's guess.

I don't know but on Friday it felt like they weren't switched on. The train didn't seem to lose much speed through the MCBR and it really flew through the last few elements.

They're magnetic - ie., can not be switched off.

marc

CF Legend
The angle of the drop on Saw is meant to be steeper than other Eurofighters. What I meant was I wonder if they tested this back at their base or just thought it would be ok and not damage the trains.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This sucks, I'm keeping my hopes up for Sunday and will be ringing the park beforehand just to double check. If it's not open then I'm not going, waste of a journey otherwise.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
southend_marc said:
The angle of the drop on Saw is meant to be steeper than other Eurofighters. What I meant was I wonder if they tested this back at their base or just thought it would be ok and not damage the trains.

Nah, vertical g forces don't do anything to a train, its the laterals that mash a train up.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Not really, wheel clusters can go right the way over and the barings are designed for quick maneuvers and change in speeds. Lets throw a reason why that drop wouldn't do anything -

The pull-up produces around positive 4.7 G, whereas the drop would only be around negative 1.5 max. Personally, I can't see how a 103 degree drop can be much different to a 97 degree drop.

I have to ask, how did we get on to damaged trains?
Do you know something we don't?

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Pathetic park at the moment. There is just no excuse for ripping people off. Alton Towers manages to run mostly all of its rides without hesitation and to full capacity so why can't Thorpe? Its really not fair opening a ride then closing it then opening it again and then closing it and vice versa until people get upset and annoyed. Why don't they just make a press release saying 'Yes we made a mistake Saw is not ready but it will be by...' instead of expecting people to just say 'Oh well we will go on Colossus instead'
I am going back to Thorpe in a couple of weeks and if Saw still isn't ready to operate properly I will be handing my annual pass back to the admin.

A

Anonymous

They aint ripping people off though, such a drama queen.

Get over it! They do warn that rides are subject to availability, the website is upto date and updated daily, so there is no reason for you to complain really. Read the website, call the park.

It aint the best coaster at Thorpe anyway!

NASHER

Roller Poster
apparently, again according to thorpe park mania, and several comments on Thorpe's facebook, Saw operated for at least part of the day today. Heres hoping for the weekend, as I went out and bought my train tickets from Bristol for me and a freind earlier. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Supposidly it opened for 45 minutes, then closed.

Also one ride down out of the whole park isn't too bad!
Especially for Thorpe!