What's new

The Swarm On Fire

Temleh said:
Kata1 said:
The Swarm looks awesome! The theme is way better than X-Flights.

Definitely, if only The Swarm has X Flights (imo) improved layout.
It does have a better layout than X-Flight, it has more different types of inversions.
I totally agree with Thekingin64's post on Coaster Zone
Thekingin64 said:
I agree there, Simba. At least Swarm has variety in it's inversions. This is just zero-g, something similar to zero-G, zero G.

Coasterfreck said:
Temleh said:
Kata1 said:
The Swarm looks awesome! The theme is way better than X-Flights.

It does have a better layout than X-Flight, it has more different types of inversions.
Thekingin64 said:
I agree there, Simba. At least Swarm has variety in it's inversions. This is just zero-g, something similar to zero-G, zero G.
Wait... what...?

Swarm has: Zero-G, Corkscrew/Zero-G, Barrel Roll
X-Flight has: Zero-G, Immelmann, Corkscrew/Zero-G, Barrel Roll
(That's excluding the first drops as I don't think the direction makes a huge difference, and the inclined loop on Swarm as I'm not sure that's really an inversion).

X-Flight's layout looks much better than Swarms... :?

They layouts are similar, but X-Flight's just feels 'complete', where as Swarm's feels like they chopped the ending off and just added two excessive brake runs to save cash. Swarm does have the better theme though, so they make even it out in terms of which one is better.

Everything on X-flight looks like a zero g. Even the corkscrew looks like a zero-g. Swarm's looks like a corkscrew.

Martyn B said:
They layouts are similar, but X-Flight's just feels 'complete', where as Swarm's feels like they chopped the ending off and just added two excessive brake runs to save cash. Swarm does have the better theme though, so they make even it out in terms of which one is better.
See I think Swarm's theme is conceptually better, but there's something about the near misses that clinches it for X-Flight to me. The keyhole element and layout just feel much better with X-Flight. Like you say, Swarm feels cut short. Having said that, Swarm's station is pretty neat! :p

Thekingin64 said:
Everything on X-flight looks like a zero g. Even the corkscrew looks like a zero-g. Swarm's looks like a corkscrew.
Yeah, the corkscrew element is very straight, so it probably is more like a zero-G.

Yes. X-Flight has a much better layout. But they did really nothing for the theme. They added that tower that the trains fly through as a radio tower, but that's it.

Eh, so its just the corkscrew then, not everything?

I'm guessing "Favorite Park: Thorpe Park " comes into play here...

Hixee said:
Coasterfreck said:
Temleh said:
Thekingin64 said:
Wait... what...?

Swarm has: Zero-G, Corkscrew/Zero-G, Barrel Roll
X-Flight has: Zero-G, Immelmann, Corkscrew/Zero-G, Barrel Roll
(That's excluding the first drops as I don't think the direction makes a huge difference, and the inclined loop on Swarm as I'm not sure that's really an inversion).

X-Flight's layout looks much better than Swarms... :?
X-Flight does not have a corkscrew and secondly I count the Inclined loop as an inversion (RCDB.com also agrees with me on both coasters)
So:
The Swarm has: Zero-G, Inclined loop, Corkscrew, Barrel Roll
X-Flight has: Zero-G, Immelmann, Zero-G, Barrel Roll
Note: The Swarm's Inverted Drop is much better than X-Flights.

Coasterfreck said:
X-Flight does not have a corkscrew and secondly I count the Inclined loop as an inversion (RCDB.com also agrees with me)
So:
Yeah, we already discussed that. ;)

I don't know how the drop will be that much better. Guess we'll have to see what Jerry says, but I was expecting the X-Flight drop to look much different as it rolls the opposite way, however after seeing videos I really don't think it makes a lot of difference.

Hixee said:
Coasterfreck said:
X-Flight does not have a corkscrew and secondly I count the Inclined loop as an inversion (RCDB.com also agrees with me)
So:
Yeah, we already discussed that. ;)

I don't know how the drop will be that much better. Guess we'll have to see what Jerry says, but I was expecting the X-Flight drop to look much different as it rolls the opposite way, however after seeing videos I really don't think it makes a lot of difference.
Well I sort of missed a bit of discussion when I made the post :oops: