What's new

The Swarm On Fire

Ollie

CF Legend
Not massive news but the fire effect on The Swarm is finally working.
The LED lights and DVDs on trains are scheduled to go live tomorrow as well.
swarmfire.jpg

Although when I went in Easter the mist and sound effect on the plane wing weren't on/working.
Hopefully they'll keep the effects working (they won't) and also hope to see the fire on Tidal Wave make a return as well. :)

spicy

Giga Poster
Good to see the fire effects have been added, I thought it was going to be around the plane area though, not the fire engine randomly shooting out flames.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Meh. It's still quite average.

:lol:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh probably yes, but I really wasn't caught up in all the hype it appears to have had...

I'm not really saying it's bad addition, I think it's a fantastic new ride, but I just can't see how it ever got compared to Nemesis. For me, this little bit of fire isn't going to change that.

I'm far more curious about the LEDs, that might make it look terrific. Especially at night!

peep

CF Legend
I still don't get why this fire effect is on a fire engine and not on the back of the crashed plane. Someone please explain to me how that makes sense.

^I don't see the point of them being on until it gets dark but it'll look epic at night.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ :lol: so true. I still think the Helicopter just resembles some posh, money-blowing, rich boy's garden fountain.

Good to see they've bothered to add the fire effects, but still, I wonder how long it's gonna be operational for?

coasterboy

Mega Poster
I'm just wondering how close the flames actually get to the train - too far away it won't really have an effect, too close and you'll end up with toasted riders.

EDIT: Found a video of the effect

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvHUPBKmNvM&feature=plcp[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Having played with fire, you really don't need to get it very close to people at all for it to still have an affect on them. They'll know the safe distance and you'll still notice it.

Snoo

The Legend
^That.

X2 and Bizarro aren't really that close and you can feel the heat. Plenty fine IMO.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Im going on monday, so I hope they have it up and running, I hope that this will make the ride more thrilling, but It is a really nice touch on this already great coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, look at the way the fire works in Templo Del Fuego and other Pyro-Shows. It's actually quite a distance away from the "riders" (audience if you will), but you can definitely still feel the heat.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
spicy said:
Is the effect triggered by the train going past though? Or does it just fire randomly?

Talking to Neil (operations manager) on opening day, he said that at the time it was set to fire as the train left the top of the lift hill, but they were planning on changing it to coincide with the train passing. Whether this is still the plan or not I don't know!