What's new

The Starbird Project

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Well since I got banned for a month over at NE, I'm gonna start advertising over here and hope it goes better. Basically the premise of the project is to have something to WDW, where you can "Stay & Play" on-property. I currently have plans for at least 3 maps: Two amusement park maps, and a resort/shopping area map.

Since I just joined today, I can't post direct screens, but below I have a link to a small teaser of one of the resorts.

rvteaser.jpg

jokerman

Giga Poster
I dont think he was being rude, simply poitning out that people are gonna be suspicious of a new member if they tell everyone they've been banned somewhere else.

As for the picture, it was interesting architecture, but not much else to say.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
I wasn't trying to be rude either. However, I don't think his comment about my introduction was necessary. Unless you know of the situation, and CP6 already knows...

If you would like a more completed screen to comment on:

royalvictorianmain.jpg

Looks nice so far! I like the way you've done the hotel, and it's also realistic, which I like. The only thing I would change is the awnings on the windows. I would have them more as like, triangular awnings rather than circular.

Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Goliath123, I would like to keep that personal between me and the admins at NE and any comments on the screens? I know they're kind of bland and possibly boring to look at.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
starbirdlogo.jpg

November 13, 2009
Casparona, Euriland

Despite a downfalling economy, Starbird Hotels, Inc., is continuing progress on the Royal Victorian Resort & Spa as part of their large theme park and resort project. The Royal Victorian (RV/RVRS) will be situated on the north edge of the manmade Sozdap Lake.

"It's exciting to be involved in such a large, diverse construction project that includes several different areas of entertainment," said Jean-Pierre Baptiste, an engineer and artist behind the creation of the theme park & resort project.

Executives have toured the site of the Royal Victorian Resort and are pleased with the progress so far. "[The construction team] just finished installing tennis courts, and is ready to move on to the rest of the resort," commented Becca Watson, CEO of Starbird Hotels, Inc.

rvtennis.jpg

Some tennis courts at the Royal Victorian Resort & Spa

The grand deluxe, 900*-room Royal Victorian Resort & Spa held a small, non-publicized groundbreaking ceremony over the summer and construction officially began on October 15, 2009. So far, crews have installed the monorail station and the main lobby building, which does not feature any bedrooms.

"Construction is progressing nicely each week, with bits and details being in added daily. I'm eagerly awaiting the completion of this flagship resort."

Josh Hamilton
Associated Press

*Number subject to change.

Any names and positions are fictional. I apologize if I used anyone's real name. Please inform me, and I will be glad to change it.

The tennis courts look pretty nice, but I don't dig the sandy path you got there. I'm excited to see the actual hotel building and monorail, so bring it on! Haha.

Keep it up.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Well I had some time and inspiration this week to work on one of the Royal Victorian's main guest buildings. The building is currently at ~80%. Here's a teaser of it to entertain ya'll:

rvteaser2.jpg

I like the walls, windows, and balconies, but for a main entrance I think it's not very grand. Usually main entrances to htoels have drive up valets, just as a food for thought!

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Thanks for the comment LiveForTheLaunch. This screen is from the "back" side of the hotel. The drop-off point for this building is on the other side. None of the entrances for these guest buildings will be extremely grand since I want the main building (the one by the monorail) to be the "grandest."

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Here's a quick overview of the Royal Victorian Resort & Spa so far.
rvoverview2.jpg

I plan to make a website for this project, so hopefully that will be up and running by the new year. The website will feature details about the project, and the different parks. But for now, much of this is under wraps.

It looks nice actually.. Not spectacular, but definitely better than average! The architecture is great, and though I'm not a huge fan of the colours, they work. The only thing that ruins it for me is that it looks weird having the main building not connected to the other two. I think it would be a lot better if that weer the case.

Great work!

JK

Roller Poster
Nice overview. Seems quite realistic and the setting seems ok. Take a look at Dolphin Bay to see how the little details can really boost a piece of work. When you start to incorporate them more into your work you will really benefit from it. I'm not too keen on the giant letters but if you like them, thats the main thing.

Keep going.

HitnRun

Roller Poster
Sorry, I haven't updated here in a while, but small update. The station for Plymouth Plunge has been completed.

plymouthplunge1.jpg

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
I like it, fits right in with the colonial setting. :)

One thing though, I don't like the orange-colored trees to the left; maybe change up the colors or alternate them, because right now, they're just eye-catching - in a bad way.

Actually, I like the trees, and have never even thought to colour them fall colours, so kudos! The only issue I have is the path over water.. I always thought they looked kinda noobie.

A

Anonymous

I like the buildings alot, they must have taken some time to do. Well done.