What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

Yeah, I noticed a flat spot in the first drop the first time I watched it. Looking at the flyaround video, it goes from a smaller to a larger radius, then back to the smaller one. Creates a 'egg' or oval shape in simple words.

After riding Diamondback, I think this ride will be a major hit, more so than I-305. This looks like it offers so much more, even being close to 100 feet shorter. I just am waiting for the trim brake to be put in, even though the video shows none, that will kill what would probably be majestic airtime. I hope to be able to go out there next summer and riding this thing.

^ At first I thought it did, but when I thought about it, the setting of Dback is something that makes it what it is as well, but we'll see.. It has the same amount of hills, so it's gonna be small things like setting and whatnot that determine which is better.

Setting and location: Advantage Diamondback.

Just gotta see how that queue area turns out or if any additional theming is added.

I personally think this ride looks the most visually pleasing out of all three of these sister hyper coasters. Just imagine seeing those hills along the parking lot when you pull in. It just towers over the parking lot with an unobstructed view. Diamondback is extremely photogenic, but you can only see part of the ride. Same story with Behemoth. Unless you walk through the trees on the entrance road, you don't get a good view.

The site is processing very quickly. Station track is up, most the brake run track is up, and the transfer track shed is coming up fast. And from what I can see, there is footings up for all of the lift, and first drop but the webcam quality isn't high enough to see much farther. I think I see footings for the awesome hill after the main drop, but I am not for sure.

From what I could research, the opening days for the two parks are usually either the same, or only one week apart...

Unless you mean I-305 will be delayed for the normal Intamin SNAFU...

Yeah I think your right on that one:

Fullscreencapture02102009171121.jpg

At least it isn't yellow.. lol

It also looks like they are adding a whole new area right next to the entrance.. awesome.

I've only just realised...

There are TWO coasters being built called Intimidator! But one has 305 on the end. I was confused as to why it seemed to be jumping between a B&M and Intamin.

So what's the deal? And what does 305 mean?

NickkyG said:
I've only just realised...

There are TWO coasters being built called Intimidator! But one has 305 on the end. I was confused as to why it seemed to be jumping between a B&M and Intamin.

So what's the deal? And what does 305 mean?

305 Is the hight of the other one.