What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

Four things:
-Since when is Virginia not considered part of the SE?
-Afterburn is 113 ft. tall, not 144ft.
-NOT yellow supports. :--D
-For the most part the ride looks great, but the gentle exit out of the first hill/turn and especially into and out of the turn around have me a bit worried. Still, I can't wait to ride it!

I'm a little unimpressed by this.

Maybe it's just because it was pretty much known that it was going to be a B&M hyper for the last 18 months or so?

I'm sure I'll love it, but I-305 was a bigger surprise.

I'm sure I'll love it, but I-305 was a bigger surprise.

Yeah, I don't think anyone was truly surprised by this.. It's not like B&M really pulled anything new (come to think of it, I'd like to see a new element on one of these in the future, not sure what though), so it was pretty predictable. However, predictable isn't always bad, example Batman: the Ride :lol: .

Quick question, why the name Intimidator? Was that a drivers nick-name?

Looks nice though, the pacing does look slow in the videos, but then its just a video, and surely they wouldn't bank that first turn that much if ity was going to take it that slow?

I think it'll be a great ride, I just don't think it's got that "wow factor" that a lot of other rides have.

Maybe when I'm driving up I-77, it'll wow me by standing above the park's skyline, but right now it looks like still another beemer.

I think though with the new seat design it will leave people on the sides feeling very exposed, and with just having lap bars will add to it.

^ That's a plus on the other Intimidator, the lapbars, and even if 305 does have those overhead lapbar things on like pilgrims plunge, there's still something sorta protecting your side. This has nothing, just a little tiny clam shell thing. :--D

I like the cars for some reason, they look good against the red and white.

No, in the Intimidator 305 thread, Snoo pointed out that even though the design of the cars on the site showed OTSRs, it said it would use overhead lap bars (like they use on pilgrims plunge), a lap bar that comes down over your head.

Guys, if you look at it, Intamin OTSR's ARE kind of like over the shoulder lap bars.. I mean, there is a lap bar-esque thing that is attached to it so they could very well still mean the OSTRs..

This doesn't offer anything too different from what we'd see on another B&M hyper, but it looks about as good as Diamondback or Behemoth to me, and they're both getting good reviews.

But this ride will also be taller, and I really like the turn and the curving second hill. Overall it looks pretty fun, and it's certainly the marquee coaster that Carowinds has never ever had, but badly needed. I think I've finally got a reason to go to there now.

I just wished KD and Carowinds weren't using basically the same name for their new coasters. It's such a Six Flags thing to do :D

Lol^

It does look like a really fun ride, what with the first hill/turn thing and the turnaround, plus all of the camelbacks. It could use another bunny hop or two after the helix, but, oh well.

After looking back at the video, it looks incredibly smooth. I hope it's like that in real life. The first hill looks like it banks pretty steeply, whoever's on the right side will have a great view straight down.

I wonder, though, why the MCBR is so close to the end? It's like it hits the MCBR, does a helix, and hits the final brake run. Although, speaking of the helix, it looks like you might get some airtime coming out of it.

^ Lol, CGI video's of coasters tend to be smooth. You'd be off to a bad start if they didn't!

Ok, am I seeing things? I could swear that there is a small striaght, flat section of track at the bottom of the first drop?