What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Xwing coming to Playstation VR and I have to wait??? Most exciting thing for me coming out of E3, though the new Resi looks suitably terrifying.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Finding myself a little disillusioned at the gaming industry lately, E3 was severely underwhelming. Sony didn't talk about project 'Neo' but Microsoft did cover Scorpio and by the sounds of it, they're both going to be the same machines as the PS4 and Xbox One respectively but with 4K support.

Also disappointing Nintendo didn't cover much about the NX despite it's release date only nine months away?

I'd be more excited about PSVR if I didn't have a wedding to save for however :lol:

I'll probably be switching to Battlefield 1 for my FPS needs too as Infinite Warfare looks considerably **** and I'm sure Activision will offer Call of Duty 4: Remastered as a separate entity once Infinity Warfare's sales have divebombed after the initial launch.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Just recently got into Fallout 4. Very challenging at the start, I'm having quite a bit of difficulties and rage here and there, but man this game is gold.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I got Kick Off Revival last week on the ps4. It's a remake of a game I used to play a lot at college on the ST and Amiga.

I imagine the closest anyone may have come to it is the ripoff version, Sensible Soccer (though Sensi has a lot of its own charms)

It's basically one of hardest games ever. If you think Rocket League is tough and frustrating, you have no idea.

In football game terms, Fifa is like the pro game it represents. Kick Off is a kick around on your local park... Only paying against a CPU team in the Premier division.

It's really all about local play and it's as fun and exciting and stressful as the original was. Just when you think you may be getting good, you finally approach the goal and shoot it into touch in blind panic.

I hate football, but love it. It's exciting, hard as nails and lovely retro.

It was rushed out though, so at the moment it's really bare bones. You'll find it crippling in the lack of options (particularly difficulty - my best score against the cpu so far is a 2-0 defeat!!!) and lacking game modes, offside rules, etc.

They're all planned for future patches.

If you want a levelling game to play with mates though where you will all be as bad as each other (and the fun it entails) then it's worth a punt for £8

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
Dark Souls

Somehow got wrapped into this one. Obviously it's been kicking my butt but I feel like some other games have prepared me for this one (Zelda's combat system and dungeon exploration, Monster Hunter's boss fights, even Fire Emblem as I'm used to restarting challenges over and over again :p).

It's pretty fun, and VERY rewarding. I'm having a lot of fun just exploring new areas and strategizing a boss fight. Good game.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So Pokémon GO is officially released stateside and I have been having a blast with it.

Sure, its simple and basic af, but it kicks into my childhood like TTD's launch. Plus, it has given way to hilarious occurances around the neighborhood in the form of my 3 closest gyms.

- A Lady Madonna Shrine
- Some tiles at the Metro Light Rail station
- A Chinese Senior Center

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah Pokémon GO is ridiculous. Tricking people to exercise. Walking through the park I've amen at least 30 people (90% in their 20's+) just staring at their phones swiping.

Obviously no real communicatipm...because gross.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Yep, Pokemon Go has absolutely exploded here in the states. It's insane how many people you see playing it, everywhere. I was at Worlds of Fun on Sunday and I saw people playing it there. I never got into Pokemon as a kid, but I gave Pokemon Go a try. Hard to catch on, since I never played the regular games as a kid and have no idea what's the best way to play the game and which Pokemon are the best and what not. Pokemon Go is such a brilliant concept though and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more games similar to it pop up and become created. Augmented reality is awesome.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Keeping with the Pokemon Go theme, Great America just tweeted this out...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SFGreat_America/status/752615045394272256[/tweet]

I don't have the game, but I saw like 5 different locations on property in the comments(one was on a shelf for a plush stand lol)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yeah. Both Hershey and Holiday World have made posts in regards to Pokemon GO - both of which are positive.

So, I propose a quick question. Could this cause an increase in both attendance and park revenue as a whole?

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Intricks said:
Yeah. Both Hershey and Holiday World have made posts in regards to Pokemon GO - both of which are positive.

So, I propose a quick question. Could this cause an increase in both attendance and park revenue as a whole?
I suppose.... It could be an extra incentive to visit a park but I doubt people would shell out money to get into an amusement park just for Pokemon Go.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I went to KBF today, to ride Ghostrider and I quickly remembered it's peak season as all queues were an hour+ and even a redone GhostRider isn't worth that.

So instead I walked around for an hour and hit the stops and left as I was in the hour parking lot. I guess I'll ride Ghostrider later.

Did have a 10k egg hatch that was an Aerodactyl though...so got that going for ne.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

davidm

Strata Poster
david morton said:
Not games as such - rather game-related, but I notice that there is another attempt to get games on TV in the (almost) mainstream ; Dave (the channel, not me) has commissioned a game-show to be presented by Dara O'Briain based on an existing stage show;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... me-tv-show

One of the guys behind the show is on VGN a lot - which I think is the only current gaming-focussed TV program on mainstream UK TV (if you count "Challenge TV" as mainstream?) ; https://ginx.tv/tv-shows/videogame-nation/
Hello world - this airs tonight on "Dave"

http://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/dara-o-briains-go-8-bit/

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I don't think I've posted here come to think of it.

I play Pokemon GO obviously, as does everyone. I also play RCT3, NoLimits, Planet Coaster, and Diablo III on occasion.

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
I play skyrim, call of duty, minecraft, & occasionally Pokemon Go but I dont take it seriously enough to drive for Pokemon i just walk around my hood sometimes and play it.

This is gonna sound embarrassing, but i still have an xbox 360, and i dont have gta 5. the reason i dont have GTA 5 is because I want to get it for the xbox one because it comes with the lowrider DLC, and gta 5 for the xbox 360 doesn't. But i can't really afford an xbox one...200 dollars!!!! Come on microsoft!!! but if i save up over a month or two I think i could get it. Is it worth saving up a couple months, or should I just settle with the Xbox 360?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
YUNG_CHOPPA said:
I play skyrim, call of duty, minecraft, & occasionally Pokemon Go but I dont take it seriously enough to drive for Pokemon i just walk around my hood sometimes and play it.

This is gonna sound embarrassing, but i still have an xbox 360, and i dont have gta 5. the reason i dont have GTA 5 is because I want to get it for the xbox one because it comes with the lowrider DLC, and gta 5 for the xbox 360 doesn't. But i can't really afford an xbox one...200 dollars!!!! Come on microsoft!!! but if i save up over a month or two I think i could get it. Is it worth saving up a couple months, or should I just settle with the Xbox 360?

Save up and sell the 360 and some of your games to help build up the money. The Xbox One is backwards compatible with quite a few 360 games including Red Dead Redemption so if any of your favourite 360 games are compatible, keep them!

The original Xbox One (not the new slim version) will be dirt cheap on black friday! I reckon it could be as low as $150 tbh, Sony are destroying Microsoft with sales numbers and with the ps4 pro coming in November I would expect some ridiculously good Xbox One deals.

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
cjbrandy said:
YUNG_CHOPPA said:

Save up and sell the 360 and some of your games to help build up the money. The Xbox One is backwards compatible with quite a few 360 games including Red Dead Redemption so if any of your favourite 360 games are compatible, keep them!

The original Xbox One (not the new slim version) will be dirt cheap on black friday! I reckon it could be as low as $150 tbh, Sony are destroying Microsoft with sales numbers and with the ps4 pro coming in November I would expect some ridiculously good Xbox One deals.

I been thinking about making a gofundme page for an xbox one, i decided I want the new one so it'll be 400 dollars and if I start a gofundme page would anybody on here be willing to donate something?