What's new

The Games we play...

spacebum

Roller Poster
On the ds its pokèmon platinum
ps3 it tends to be ratchet & clank series. or gt6
If I ever get my pc fixed I should end up back on rct3.

I have played destiny but never got into it. Due to the mass grind fest to get the best loot

nealbie

CF Legend
Gutted. F1 2015 is virtually unplayable on the PS4 as its recognising of the L2 button being pressed repeatedly is hit and miss on the pad. Shocking. :(

Pierre

Strata Poster
Rocket League on PS+

Remote control cars playing football (soccer). Brilliant pick up and play game, great fun.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has been keeping me busy recently, and will probably continue to do so. There's just so much content and quests to do and slaying monsters feels really satisfying and it's a ton of fun. :) I thought the controls and combat looked a bit clunky at first, but it works well and is surprisingly deep.

I'm also currently playing through The Last of Us, a game I had been looking to play for a while now. Really excellent so far, can't really think of any complaints. Really digging the stealth gameplay.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Add me on PS4 mate, pierreuk.

I enjoy Rocket League when I'm short on time and have need for a quick pick up and play game.

Otherwise I'm mainly on FIFA and GTA at the moment...

Rocket League has been one of the few PS+ games to come out that are actually decent, I'm always so disappointed with the releases on PS4...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's really odd. I got the first Rocket League game on the PS3 years ago (sure it was a PS+ game then too) and loved it. Played it loads, but everyone ignored it. Re-release a few years later and it's everyone's darling. How odd.

I can't get into it now, played it too much on the PS3 and bored with it :(

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ I played that PS3 version too, don't know think it just came across a bit dark. The Colosseum it was played in and everything seemed a bit glum and it rubbed off into the gameplay I think.

The 'Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars' title probably gave too much hype to a game that was essentially remote control cars playing football too :lol:

big john

Mega Poster
Myself and my friend russ went off to EGX or (eurogamer) in Birmingham to see the new games and had tons of fun check the video out below its a change from a movie review but if you like those to check them out

please like and subscribe and check out my other channels and like and subscribe too thanks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfDpL1Xy6Lo[/youtube]

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Pierre said:
Add me on PS4 mate, pierreuk.

I enjoy Rocket League when I'm short on time and have need for a quick pick up and play game.

Otherwise I'm mainly on FIFA and GTA at the moment...

Rocket League has been one of the few PS+ games to come out that are actually decent, I'm always so disappointed with the releases on PS4...

I have tried adding you but the new search system is ****. Probably added some randomer telling them I'm from Coasterforce! Try adding me, my name is ChrisoBMX and my avatar is a strawberry thing

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ I accepted, it shows when your online and everything when I'm on there so you should be able to see me?! Not sure why!

Anyways, I'm more than likely going to be on FIFA16 for the forseeable if anyone fancies a game.

peep

CF Legend
Guitar Hero Live

Being a massive fan of the guitar hero and rock band franchises when they were first around you can imagine my excitement this year to find both were making a comeback on the new gen of consoles. After seeing how much rock band 4 cost and its failure to actually make a new game (it's a copy and paste of what has come before but with some new tracks) I focused all my attention on the new Guitar Hero. I love that they've tried to change things up and in my opinion, for the better.

For starters the new guitar controller. It feels like it has a better build to it (but I suppose time will really tell :p ) and the new buttons make a lot of the gameplay feel more like playing a real guitar. It certaintly takes some time to get used to the new style of 3 'up/black' buttons and 3 'down/white' buttons, especially seeing as there is a crazy amount of new confusing combinations to create chords - hence why the gameplay is much more similar to real guitar play.

The Live section of the game is fab, the whole design is just epic, I am in love with what they have achieved. I think the only thing letting it down is how short it is. There are currently two festivals (more planned apparently) each with various stages. Each stage tends to have two 'bands' that you join in with. Each band has 3-5 songs and sometimes the time between songs is mere seconds - caught me out a few times :p If you start messing up the live crowd getting annoyed at you is extremely off-putting but I think that's actually a good thing. I saw one review slam it for not sticking with one band etc but I love the fact you join different bands all with different styles. For example the same band playing Queen, Skillrex and Rhianna would just be weird, the fact each band has a different style allows the live section to keep feeling fresh, having different types of band mate reactions and audience reactions depending on the type of music is much more realistic. I can't wait to see more of these to appear in the future.

The TV portion of the game is also a great asset. They currently run two channels of music TV, each with a schedule. You just tune in to either channel and just instantly join in with whoever else is playing at the same time. It's great, provides instant competition with randoms and if you do well against them then you earn even more points. Points = tokens, tokens = pretty much arcade game play - You pay to play whatever you want, when you want with these tokens. A little burdenous if you just want to play one song like 10 times but I think it forces you to play online and imo that's much more random and fun.

I also love the massive range of music it covers. It's literally got a bit of everything on there. There is another gameplay option coming in the next few months and apparently more songs are on the way but I am so satisfied with this game at the moment. I'm playing on 'regular' which is extremely tough but I'm getting used to it, can't see myself trying out the two harder levels any time soon though.

nealbie

CF Legend
Everyone!

Ordered mine from Amazon. Will probably still pick up a midnight launch copy from GAME later then return the Amazon one to them.

So excited. And then I will be sad that Elder Scrolls 6 isn't out. Bethesda <3

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Not me... I loved Skyrim (apart from the constant crashing, bugs and life drain), but Fallout is too much in FPS territory for my liking.

peep said:
Guitar Hero Live

Being a massive fan of the guitar hero and rock band franchises when they were first around you can imagine my excitement this year to find both were making a comeback on the new gen of consoles. After seeing how much rock band 4 cost and its failure to actually make a new game (it's a copy and paste of what has come before but with some new tracks) I focused all my attention on the new Guitar Hero. I love that they've tried to change things up and in my opinion, for the better.
<--Big Snip-->

I think it was a bold move to go for the new guitar and new style and I think to a degree it's paid off. I also like that the two games are now very distinct entities.

My problem is that I've played pretty much every iteration of Harmonix rhythm action game (Frequency, Amplitude, Guitar Hero 1 and 2, Rock Band(s) and Rock Band Blitz) and I'm a bit bored of them.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Rock Band sessions with a few people around - it's a brilliant social thing. However, spending time mastering the controls on the games isn't really why I play them now. It's all about playing them socially and skill is far less important than having fun (though I still like to be challenged to a degree).

For me, Rock Band's issue with Rock Band 4 is a very poor on disk line up. Okay, they have a mass of DLC, but if you only really want to play three or four tracks off a disk, you have a lot of chaff to sort through whenever you want to play. The game isn't different enough to warrant the move from PS3 and there aren't enough good new tracks to make the investment.

I like the Guitar Hero idea of having the stream on Guitar Hero TV and the chance to approach your collection flexibly. It's just that thing where it's just you and a guitar and I've been doing that since 2002 or something :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
I pretty much always play in 3rd person anyway, so I don't have that problem (hate FPS with very little exception - Destiny and Halo pre-5).

First impressions of the game are pretty awesome. Environment is stunning, beast and pet pooch animations are superb, but people are only slightly above average which is a shame.

The mini-map has annoyingly returned to Oblivion style (which they also did for ESO and everyone complained). They really should have stuck with the Skyrim model, it's so much more useful. Unless their plan was to make it more disorientated for you. Oh Bethesda :p

Dave

CF Legend
I'm very impressed with Star Wars Battlefront. The different modes and maps make it rather addictive! Keep finding myself swapping between Walker Assault to what essential Heroes vs everyone (where you get to be Darth Vader and everyone tries to kill you). Just really good fun, and there's no CoD or Battlefield problems of endless sea of scopes, add ons, premium users in sight.