What's new

The best Rollercoaster soundtrack?

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Wickerman proved that Merlin still know how to pick a really great soundtrack. A welcome relief after the atrocious soundtrack for The Smiler.
To be honest, I genuinely enjoy The Smiler's soundtrack. It fits the theme of the area nicely, and wether people like it or not, it sets the atmosphere of the ride perfectly. It's by no means the most pleasant soundtrack to listen to, but it definitely works with the theme of The Smiler.

To be honest, I genuinely enjoy The Smiler's soundtrack. It fits the theme of the area nicely, and wether people like it or not, it sets the atmosphere of the ride perfectly. It's by no means the most pleasant soundtrack to listen to, but it definitely works with the theme of The Smiler.
For a walk on queue it is more than bearable and fits the feeling of disorientation that it's meant to give, very well. With a long queue however it does uncomfortableness a little too well for me and my god is it irritating after a while. To the point now where I wouldn't want to queue for anything more than 20 minutes without headphones.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Basically anything and everything by IMAScore.

Helix is my personal favourite, every single part of it fits the ride, the areas you hear it, and it's ****ing infectious.

Taron is stunning and is probably the most well-suited to the theme/area.

I also echo the love for Smiler; it's too loud and annoying close to the station, but again it's brilliant for the theme of the ride and sounds great in the area.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
+1 for De La Terre A La Lune onboard soundtrack and area music. Cannot think of anything else that comes close for me.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Efteling's music is just exquisite. @Howie has already named Joris en de Draak, which is my favourite of the coasters. It packs so much colour and energy, I love it!

From the rest, honourable mentions to Vogel Rok, which is a phenomenal onboard soundtrack, but sadly doesn't match up well with the ride motions, Flying Dutchman's station music, and Baron's full suite of tunes.

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
X2 had an amazing soundtrack, with its bass track of Enter Sandman on the lift getting you pumped up or terrified, the iconic going down of Love In An Elevator on the drop and Sabatoge by Beastie Boys for the rest of the ride, and its so cool seeing how well it fits and is synced to the ride, somehow making X2 even crazier.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
what your opinion on the Galactica soundtrack?

Edward M

Strata Poster
While I would say De La Terre A La Lune is my personal favorite coaster soundtrack (with DL's Space Mountain and CA Screamin' also getting a nod), Efteling's music is insanely quality for their rides and coasters. Each soundtrack I've heard from that park is brilliant.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I love Kärnan’s soundtrack, it is a perfect fit for the ride. It is just so epic, while also creating an atmosphere for the ride. I also love how this soundtrack is utilised through the queue line and also the ride, this soundtrack just adds to the ride’s theming and also makes the coaster more unique.

Robert.W

Roller Poster
what your opinion on the Galactica soundtrack?
I think it is another soundtrack that works really well with the theme of the ride, and it brings a lot of energy to the surrounding areas. I’m not really a huge fan of the VR aspect of Galactica, and whilst I preferred the ride when it was still Air, I think in general the new soundtrack is definitely an improvement on the old one as it adds a lot of atmosphere to what was a pretty dead area of the park.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hard to pick just one. Toverland has 3 amazing coaster soundtracks alone: Dwervelwind, the new Troy music and Blitzbahn.

I am also a fan of Karnan, Joris and Flying Dutchman's soundtracks.

Fave flat ride music goes to Scream at Heide Park. Best show music goes to Raveleijn at Efteling.